Imperia Online International
June 04, 2024, 05:22:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High Points!!  (Read 21992 times)
KnightFall
Sergeant

Knights will fall

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2007, 10:43:05 AM »

Tiger. one thing is not very clear to me.... why should bring 1 light or heavy soldier in pillaging?? for honor?or what?
 *pardon* *pardon*

Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2007, 11:01:56 AM »

Yes for honor *Tongue*
By the way Kingjohn, you know the part with war income only from theory, right? *Smiley*

I am the one and only!
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2007, 11:11:56 AM »

Yes for honor *Tongue*
By the way Kingjohn, you know the part with war income only from theory, right? *Smiley*
i didnt want to be so direct to kingjohn, but radoo obviusly says what is on his mind. *Smiley* *Smiley* *Grin*

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
kingjohn
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2007, 12:16:42 PM »

the goal to get glorious marshall star is much diferent then kingjohn described and get it. for getting marshal star you must fight, kill, demolish forts. not make few kamikazis with huge army. *Smiley*
I see some people get marshal star with kamikazis, some with only 10x farming. true marshall kills more soldiers then he lost. a lot more. *Smiley*
If you wish marshal star relatively easy way, go eco first. not to long then train army and start atacking a lot. emty forts, killing army, farming 10x for resources often. *Smiley*
Hard way, atack from begining. but you will need to be online much more then first way and search targets constantly. *Smiley*

bad boy, you sabataged me again, you also farm a lot and built big army, you were neck to neck with me on networth r9, remembered? Then you keep fighting a lot, by the way what's with the war income theory? And mine is not just "kamikaze" big eco can support big soldiers and marshall is still marshall :-)
kingjohn
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2007, 12:21:15 PM »

Tiger. one thing is not very clear to me.... why should bring 1 light or heavy soldier in pillaging?? for honor?or what?
 *pardon* *pardon*

It's not one light, it can be one single unit of any soldier.
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2007, 13:14:04 PM »

bad boy, you sabataged me again, you also farm a lot and built big army, you were neck to neck with me on networth r9, remembered? Then you keep fighting a lot, by the way what's with the war income theory? And mine is not just "kamikaze" big eco can support big soldiers and marshall is still marshall :-)
Yes, but i farm and fight. I was neck to neck to you in networth so i can farm as good as you, but i can also fight when needed. i can protect myself with army.*Smiley* not granaries. *Smiley*
war income theory: radoo meant that you probably didnt get any war income in your life. *Smiley*
Yes, big eco can suport huge army, but you must know how to use big army. With loosing 400 k army i killed 1,45 milion enemy soldiers first era i played. And with 700k you manage to lose more then you kill. *Smiley* *Smiley*
Who is better marshal in real life and IO? person who lose 1 mil soldiers to kill say 500k or person who kills 2 mill and lose 800k.
When persians fight sparta in ancient greece, few hundreds of spartans defeat huge persian army. that battle is remembered thru all history. Few kills many, its glory. if persians defeated spartans nobody wouldnt know about that. great marshals lose litlle, kill a lot. Marshal star is great, but there are different way to achieve it. I respect kamikaze for a friend, thats great sacrifice, but kamikaze for military points i wouldnt never do. *Smiley*

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
KnightFall
Sergeant

Knights will fall

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2007, 13:39:46 PM »

Tiger. are u trying to say that kamikazee for military points is pointless and not a great way to gain marshall stars? me too I prefer attack, Kill and destroy for military points!!  *pardon* *pardon* *pardon* *pardon*

kingjohn
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2007, 14:39:05 PM »

Tiger. are u trying to say that kamikazee for military points is pointless and not a great way to gain marshall stars? me too I prefer attack, Kill and destroy for military points!!  *pardon* *pardon* *pardon* *pardon*

Offensive victories will guarantee more military points.
k_mihai
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2007, 15:42:36 PM »

In alliance wars, pillaging your enemy is a must. They produce less 20% so less soldiers to fight you, when you are about to declare to war, get someone to pillage you 10%. If enemy put soldiers in forts, get the whole alliance to kill of all the armies in the fort. Example if defender does army saves but all forts have army in it, you may not be able to hit all the forts at once or even two rounds because defender might be online again, so get a friend and you take 2-3 forts another friend kill another 2-3 forts, if the realm is a realm with no online status, if a person's point doesn't move, high chance he isn't online, things to look out for, if a person doesn't kill your spy, he isn't online, but sometimes if people send me spy I don't kill it so they won't know if I am online/offline. If one province has lots of resources(not protected by army) and other provinces is relative empty, chances is he is online. For maximum protection of your fort, put half archers half paladins, best with military architecture lvl 8, however beyond 2 months of the realm people will have enough army to break through a fort with this combination, always have your front army with archers in the fort. Do not put paladins in fort with the army in front of the fort. Archers will kill of the phalanx and reduce morale, fortification lvl 10 is essential, it gives the fort double hit points. I prefer military architecture and fortification lvl 10. I also like tactics lvl 10, every lvl above lvl 5 gives 1 extra morale, every 100 honor generates 2 extra morale, every negative 100 honor you lose 5 morale, if you lose 5% of your army you get 2 honor(if you win) every additional 1,000 loses give you 1 honor.
Every military medicine lvl gives you a recovery rate of 2% soldiers. To kill an army during army saves, try hitting and get friends help to hit all the forts, to empty his resources, hit it when it is about 5 and a half hours into his offline time, and clear his resources. And if you know what time his army returns, make it reach one two minutes after his army return, if it is an online realm, try to see what is the time of his offensive victory, keep monitoring and you know what time he returns, see past battle history to see what gold coins he attacks and attack his gold coins so when his army strikes the gold coin, there is not much money in the gold coin. Cartography lvl 5 is an 8 hours army saves for elite units. It is also good to have melee and armor lvl above lvl 10. But military medicine is better. It is good to lose your army that is attack someone because after 20 days, the upkeep for the army could have bought you the same army. Also another of my strategy, if you can, do not spend your war income unless you need to. Keep it like a bank :-) Because war income doesn't need to pay for army upkeep, so you can build your army faster, when you have a big army, you have big upkeep so your army can't grow fast,
also I like to have barracks lvl 10 for all units and barracks lvl 5 for siege weapons, I am a big farmer and got huge eco so I build lvl 15 for infantry, horses and lvl 10 for range, but lvl 10 for all units should be enough. If you like 10X farming and don't like to build guardians(some people says guardians is not useless, won't name who) you can hit with elite archers or phalanx or even other units, but just bring enough trebuchets with you.
Remember to set your army to retreat because the game automatically sets it to fight. If it is set to fight people can destroy your army easily if it is not big enough. The fort reduces the attackers army by few morale. Also,
for me personally I prefer to ratio of army example of the ratio. 40-60k elite archers, 150k guardians,300k phalanx,200k paladins. That is the ratio I usually have my army at, also depending which barracks I still can build army. I am sure others will have different opinion but this is what works for me. If anyone wants to discuss on my strategy please feel free to do so  *Grin* *Grin* *Grin* Also regarding war income, please use up whatever war income you have if you plan to leave your current alliance you are in.

There is so much more on military ways, if you got any other questions to ask, I will try my best to answer your questions on it.

Johns, ssst, fortification 10 is lame, u need 12 to do smth with them. Ur army is unbalanced, too few phalanxes, too many archers ... 

Not pillaging is a must in a war (at least if is an important one), killing armies is a must (to track and intercept them). If the enemy has archers in all forts (a mistake) kill them with cavalry and sieges. Melee, range and armor over 10 are useless, better invest in mil med, tactics or more troops. u also need barracks 10 for sieges, that is, if u don`t want to wait too much in the end to order trebs. 

But is more, in wars, the key is not mass, is the quality of the team and the coordination achieved. U also need to anticipate and counter the strategy employed by the enemy. All armies must be tracked, online hours deduced etc, but that require team work (we were lucky to have a great team in that big R4E5 ending war, including one mathematician).
k_mihai
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2007, 15:47:36 PM »

Offensive victories will guarantee more military points.

Here also is basic maths (don`t argue with tiger on maths or u will lose). U choose the less effective way to gain military points, as the kamikadze example shows. Is way better to kill several small armies, and gain a lot more mil p than by a suicide attack (u will kill more soldiers, and more soldiers killed mean more military points, at a comparable amount of troops lost...).   

Not offensive victories per se, but soldiers killed (or forts destroyed, if u like that, or people pillaged) guarantee mil p. RTFM
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 15:48:52 PM by k_mihai » Logged
kingjohn
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2007, 16:01:18 PM »

Here also is basic maths (don`t argue with tiger on maths or u will lose). U choose the less effective way to gain military points, as the kamikadze example shows. Is way better to kill several small armies, and gain a lot more mil p than by a suicide attack (u will kill more soldiers, and more soldiers killed mean more military points, at a comparable amount of troops lost...).   

Not offensive victories per se, but soldiers killed (or forts destroyed, if u like that, or people pillaged) guarantee mil p. RTFM

My strategy is fine and tiger endorsed my strategy even. Read few posts back.
k_mihai
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2007, 16:16:00 PM »

My strategy is fine and tiger endorsed my strategy even. Read few posts back.

nope, it isn`t  *Grin* take ur army, for example, and calculate some battles against another army, same value in gold, but with more phalanxes, less pals, guards and way less archers, and u will see that u will lose *Tongue*

and the rest of critics stand: no effectiveness in gaining mil p, accent on wrong investments, bad strategy in wars, not a word about coordination and tracking to kill armies ... 
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2007, 16:17:50 PM »

Melee, range and armor over 10 are useless, better invest in mil med, tactics or more troops.

I consider melee, range and armor over 10 useful because they are tricky. Army, fortification and other things could be easily found out, but you may have a big surprise if you attack someone with armor 12 and see that you lost a battle and in your calculations you would never lose *Grin*

I am the one and only!
k_mihai
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2007, 16:20:19 PM »

I consider melee, range and armor over 10 useful because they are tricky. Army, fortification and other things could be easily found out, but you may have a big surprise if you attack someone with armor 12 and see that you lost a battle and in your calculations you would never lose *Grin*

i always put them in maths, but i won`t invest in them since their advantage is small. besides, they can be found out as easy as the fortification level, by reading a battle report  *Grin*
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2007, 16:21:49 PM »

How would you find out armor 12? *Tongue*

I am the one and only!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: