Imperia Online International
June 04, 2024, 15:20:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battle suggestion  (Read 5478 times)
armand
Sergeant

« on: July 06, 2008, 14:37:47 PM »

What do you think of this: If a battle starts i think you should be able to place your troops wherever you want on the field. why? let's say someone attacks with a lot of cavalry, you can place your spears in front, if someone sends a lot of archers, you can put them in the back. these are not very good examples but i think some smart/skillful players could achieve a lot if we'd be able to do so

KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 15:02:10 PM »

What do you think of this: If a battle starts i think you should be able to place your troops wherever you want on the field. why? let's say someone attacks with a lot of cavalry, you can place your spears in front, if someone sends a lot of archers, you can put them in the back. these are not very good examples but i think some smart/skillful players could achieve a lot if we'd be able to do so
i agree.... *freak*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 14:21:40 PM »

There is a problem for the moment you declare the formation. When should be declared? When attack starts? But at that moment defender has no formation... When attack arrives? But what if defender has not logged on? So, anyway a default formation is also needed anyway... And that will put in disadvantage the defender...

It looks a bit complicated to be implemented... Anyway, i think idea is good, but is difficult to implement in this kind of games.
gabzpiano
Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 04:53:39 AM »

this guy bloodline just had the same idea, r u guys the same person??
BloodVine
King of Heroes
Private

Leading my Warriors

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 12:36:51 PM »

this guy bloodline just had the same idea, r u guys the same person??

he heee it's BloodVine and no we are not the same person but it seems like there is someone who has the same need for Formations. Well in addition to what i said in my post, you could have a standard formation that you set you army to and this formation stays like this until u change it so you wouldn't have to worry about ur army when u're gone.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:38:36 PM by BloodVine » Logged

Best Regards,
BloodVine
Lord_S
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 21:18:55 PM »

I think this is a very interesting suggestion, this would make the strategical aspect a lot more important...
The result of a battle wound't just depend on the size of the armies...
... and it is possible... already in use in another online MMORTSG... and indeed there is a use of a default / standard formation for the defender...
(you can place different unit in different places, you can make them stand or advance the enemie...lots of possibilities...but you can not see the formation of the atacker or defender... only the numbers of soldiers... so you formation is the random factor (if you change your formation  *hihi* )

The battles there are very interesting, you can see move by move...
 (*cry* but there are other aspects in that game which I personaly do not like so i play Imperia  hooray)
olsi
Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 19:58:26 PM »

There is a problem for the moment you declare the formation. When should be declared? When attack starts? But at that moment defender has no formation... When attack arrives? But what if defender has not logged on? So, anyway a default formation is also needed anyway... And that will put in disadvantage the defender...

It looks a bit complicated to be implemented... Anyway, i think idea is good, but is difficult to implement in this kind of games.

I think admins should consider battle formation. It has been mentioned often in the forum and I think the community needs it. This will be where the good strategist will differ from the early fighter morons.
bran360
Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 03:08:17 AM »

yeah but doesnt this help people who babysit ALOT and people who are on all day. dont get me wrong, its a great idea but i think it will make the game more unbalanced.

Building more farms is just giving your enemy more pillage points in wars. You fix this by..... STOP BUILDING THEM
nuno96
Private

there is nothing more to say

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 06:17:21 AM »

maybe there should be like a research that alows u to use differnt battle formations, like for the phalanx instead of using the conventional formation they could use their own phalanx formation for better defense, and there could also be an attack formation. well its just an idea *freak*

"The gods will be with us as we march into battle, they will be with us when we fight, they will be with us in death, they will be with us in VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bel
Private

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 21:54:33 PM »

I love the idea of battle formations! The attacker could also have a formation, and neither side would be allowed to see the others maybe....it could lesson the advantage one would get from watching their account all day this way.

And, it really isn't all that hard to accomplish. Many games have this integrated already.

Bel

**Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines**
bran360
Lieutenant

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 01:23:47 AM »

so if i have someone on my account 24hrs a day i can have 100 or more defensive victories. it just helps people who cheats.

Building more farms is just giving your enemy more pillage points in wars. You fix this by..... STOP BUILDING THEM
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 01:24:28 AM »

so if i have someone on my account 24hrs a day i can have 100 or more defensive victories. it just helps people who cheats.
if someone is on your account 24 hours a day you would get 10 hour ban  *freak* *Grin*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
bran360
Lieutenant

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 01:26:04 AM »

if someone is on your account 24 hours a day you would get 10 hour ban  *freak* *Grin*
if two people rotate then i wont get banned *hihi*

Jahmba
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 06:27:17 AM »

Not really, if you are now having someone on your account 24 hrs a day are you having 100 or more defensive victories?
The formation of your army SHOULD be the random factor. Not being showed by spy information.
Now most of the atacks depend on numbers... in most cases the defender has got no chance...  *pardon*
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 06:28:20 AM by Jahmba » Logged
StriderHR
Private

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 10:11:36 AM »

This suggestion is ok but in my opinion it is formulated badly.

Nobody can be online for every battle, so my proposal would be :

1. take into account tactics levels yours and your opponents (if your tactics is high battle calc could rearrange your army, but the same is true for your opponent, throw in some difference between tactics levels and you have advantage of best opposing unit against attackers, throw in some randomness just for fun)
2. take into account province type
(spears on hills have triple efficiency than in plains, but the same is for archers on hill), defender can choose place where the battle starts so it will   choose best possible scenario (affected by tactics level)

Till now tactics level is just for higher level of units, and some morale points, but in description is positioning of units against your opponent, and this description has nothing to do with actual Tactics levels in game.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: