Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 06:43:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What do you think of "Royalties" ?
It's great, let's apply it! - 8 (80%)
Needs more refining. - 1 (10%)
Not interested. - 1 (10%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battle Formations & Royalties!  (Read 4246 times)
BloodVine
King of Heroes
Private

Leading my Warriors

« on: July 09, 2008, 03:47:13 AM »

I've been playing IO for such a long time now, maybe not as much as some of you guys but i kinda love this game and i find it one of few great browser games. I have a few imaginary suggestions to improve the gameplay.

1- Battle Formations. That Every general you send would choose the battle formation for his army. like if you are attacking an army of a majority of spears then you might choose the Frontlines to be Swords and Flanks to be Cavalry. Or if You are Defending against a raiding cavalry then maybe you would put Spears on the front lines. And so on. That will turn this game into a strategy and pre-planning one. Each player could have his own Formations and consequently the battle score would be calculated. gains and losses would not be a matter of numbers but also choices.

2- Royal Units &  Bonds. that's less likely to be adapted. but i imagine that Each player would be able to choose a King/Queen Unit that represents him/herself. This unit could be moved to any province, The province hosting this royalty would have like 10% boost in economy. Also the King/Queen Unit could go to war adding like 30% to the attack or defensive power. Also Those Units could get married and have more princes and princesses who would have lesser yet similar effects. Bonds between 2 kingdoms will be represented by marriage between one of those princes for each kingdom increasing income or maybe decreasing the trade commission. Also those royal units could be captivated during wars or sieges! captivated royalties could either be ransomed or murdered. Both choices would affect the Honor Factor. Also the King/Queen unit if killed the kingdom either falls or gives the crown to one of the remaining princes. if there is none remaining then a Leader could be elected as King. and so on.

Would love to hear ur thoughts about this guys. tell me what u think developers.

Best Regards,
BloodVine
gabzpiano
Lieutenant

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 04:51:36 AM »

quite an imagination, u should be part of IO team
aceleader
Private

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 05:15:07 AM »

the 2nd one would add a great addition to the game I really like both your ideas and if they can be put on to the game they should
Starmyth
Private

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 07:58:33 AM »

It will be interestng to see comments by experienced players on both of these ideas.  Starmyth
AG_11
Cheers
Private

~AG~

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 09:09:38 AM »

Both ideas are cool, but I vote for the second cuz it's better than the first!

I wanna send my ennemies to heaven, not cuz I'm kind, cuz hell's only for me *Tongue*
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 10:23:35 AM »

About the battle formations: in IO this is very random and the creators of this game likes random (every game has some random and in this game the fight is quite random). If you could choose your battle formations, then it will be much less random and a disadvantage for those who are not online at the moment of the battle *hihi*

I am the one and only!
BloodVine
King of Heroes
Private

Leading my Warriors

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 12:18:27 PM »

About the battle formations: in IO this is very random and the creators of this game likes random (every game has some random and in this game the fight is quite random). If you could choose your battle formations, then it will be much less random and a disadvantage for those who are not online at the moment of the battle *hihi*

yes, that's a good point.
Thanks everybody for ur opinions i really appreciate that!

Best Regards,
BloodVine
Lord_S
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 21:24:33 PM »

This is the COPIE of a reply i already made in an other topic concerning almost the same subject.
I think this is a very interesting suggestion, this would make the strategical aspect a lot more important...
The result of a battle wound't just depend on the size of the armies...
... and it is possible... already in use in another online MMORTSG... and indeed there is a use of a default / standard formation for the defender...
(you can place different unit in different places, you can make them stand or advance the enemie...lots of possibilities...but you can not see the formation of the atacker or defender... only the numbers of soldiers... so you formation is the random factor (if you change your formation  *hihi*  )

The battles there are very interesting, you can see move by move...
 ( but there are other aspects in that game which I personaly do not like so i play Imperia 

About the King / Queen suggestion... me personaly i am not in favor of it... you would create a kind of RPG..  *pardon*
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 21:27:48 PM by Lord_S » Logged
BloodVine
King of Heroes
Private

Leading my Warriors

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 02:13:58 AM »

This is the COPIE of a reply i already made in an other topic concerning almost the same subject.
I think this is a very interesting suggestion, this would make the strategical aspect a lot more important...
The result of a battle wound't just depend on the size of the armies...
... and it is possible... already in use in another online MMORTSG... and indeed there is a use of a default / standard formation for the defender...
(you can place different unit in different places, you can make them stand or advance the enemie...lots of possibilities...but you can not see the formation of the atacker or defender... only the numbers of soldiers... so you formation is the random factor (if you change your formation  *hihi*  )

The battles there are very interesting, you can see move by move...
 ( but there are other aspects in that game which I personaly do not like so i play Imperia 

About the King / Queen suggestion... me personaly i am not in favor of it... you would create a kind of RPG..  *pardon*

Copy? it seems like i missed that post somewhere, do u have a link to it?

Best Regards,
BloodVine
tinman
Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 03:21:09 AM »

*gamer* I vote we close the suggestions thread if we change one more thing *suicide*

BloodVine
King of Heroes
Private

Leading my Warriors

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 13:44:49 PM »

Alright since many have stated so much great ideas, i think my second idea Royalties might add up some RP into the game, I myself don't see it a bad thing because the social aspect is what makes us play multiplayer games instead of battling the processor alone. So If such suggestion is taken to consideration maybe it could be applied to only 1 or 2 realms like the Blitz. so that whoever doesn't enjoy RP would still have his fun on his own realm as is.

Best Regards,
BloodVine
Lord_S
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 17:29:07 PM »

*gamer* I vote we close the suggestions thread if we change one more thing *suicide*
What is wrong with making suggestions to change for the better / the best?  *xxx*
If it wasn't for changes we would still be living in the stone age wassup
bran360
Lieutenant

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 04:43:31 AM »

great ideas but i dont think they will fit in with io. i like being the KING  of my account, not have some snob who will eventually take away my power and attack my allies *freak* *freak* *hihi*
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:46:42 AM by bran360 » Logged

Building more farms is just giving your enemy more pillage points in wars. You fix this by..... STOP BUILDING THEM
AG_11
Cheers
Private

~AG~

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 22:38:23 PM »

Alright since many have stated so much great ideas, i think my second idea Royalties might add up some RP into the game, I myself don't see it a bad thing because the social aspect is what makes us play multiplayer games instead of battling the processor alone. So If such suggestion is taken to consideration maybe it could be applied to only 1 or 2 realms like the Blitz. so that whoever doesn't enjoy RP would still have his fun on his own realm as is.

ur quite right about it!
without social aspect, I rather playing another game on the PS2 (i don't know if you have heard of Romance of the three kingdoms (abt china civil wars) even if I cheat in this game nobody cares, I cheat on myself LOL!)
I agree with royalties, it won't change the game that much,it will just add some fun!
and BloodVine, you have some cool ideas, strangely nobody gave you karma so I'll start it by giving you the first, you deserve it, keep up the gd work dude!

I wanna send my ennemies to heaven, not cuz I'm kind, cuz hell's only for me *Tongue*
BloodVine
King of Heroes
Private

Leading my Warriors

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 02:33:30 AM »

ur quite right about it!
without social aspect, I rather playing another game on the PS2 (i don't know if you have heard of Romance of the three kingdoms (abt china civil wars) even if I cheat in this game nobody cares, I cheat on myself LOL!)
I agree with royalties, it won't change the game that much,it will just add some fun!
and BloodVine, you have some cool ideas, strangely nobody gave you karma so I'll start it by giving you the first, you deserve it, keep up the gd work dude!

Jeez! Thanks man. really appreciate it!

Best Regards,
BloodVine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: