Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 09:15:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My new eco manual for r2.  (Read 9788 times)
Naylrod
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 13:06:04 PM »

How to win networth
Day 2:
Architect lvl 2, hire 500 archers for colonization.

Ok, I have no idea how farming works but why hire archers to colonize with? Spears are quicker, thus you get your second prov up and running faster, which in my limited brain smells like higher net faster. And that is what this farming stuff is about right?
kingjohn
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 13:09:53 PM »

Ok, I have no idea how farming works but why hire archers to colonize with? Spears are quicker, thus you get your second prov up and running faster, which in my limited brain smells like higher net faster. And that is what this farming stuff is about right?

My farming teacher called me to get archers, first u can put in fort also, if u didn't make enough archers to colonize put in fort, archers is harder to kill and sometimes people try to attack you with spearsman and they will die.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 13:10:12 PM by kingjohn » Logged
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 13:13:32 PM »

because is a waste in the beginning to research both archers and spears, since you`ll need at least 50 archers anyway. 

Naylrod
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 13:16:22 PM »

My farming teacher called me to get archers, first u can put in fort also, if u didn't make enough archers to colonize put in fort, archers is harder to kill and sometimes people try to attack you with spearsman and they will die.

because is a waste in the beginning to research both archers and spears, since you`ll need at least 50 archers anyway. 

So,what you are saying is that in the long run, the defense you get from the archers is more important then the increased speed?
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 13:17:38 PM »

But I am using 10 hours bonus so it doesn't matter, I can afford to waste. Zepovinho didn't really build granaries till he got 3-4 provinces. Farming differently is ok, the difference won't really make much difference.

I have never seen a worse idea than this one... This is the most idiotic and inefficient way of developing your provinces. RTFM and learn to play...

Granary level 1-4 cost is ridiculous. If u use them and medicine then their boost is more then 1 villager per hour for each level.

Lets take an example for dummies:

Province 8 with 10.000 population

Without granaries with med 3:
(10+30)*1.15*1.2=55.2 pop/hour

With granaries 4, med 3:
(10+30+4)*1.15*1.2=60.72 pop/hour

As you can see dude, 4 granaries are more than 4 people per hour and granary price till level 4 is ridiculous.

If you got 900.000 networth in that way, than it means no serious player has ever played as a farmer in this game.
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 13:20:14 PM »

I'll explain you Naylrod, because it seems that to many experts here learn schematically.

Hiring archers makes sense, because Range 1 cost less then Melee 1. There is no other reason in the world for that. Don't listen absurd explanations.
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 13:22:34 PM »

I have never seen a worse idea than this one... This is the most idiotic and inefficient way of developing your provinces. RTFM and learn to play...

Granary level 1-4 cost is ridiculous. If u use them and medicine then their boost is more then 1 villager per hour for each level.

Lets take an example for dummies:

Province 8 with 10.000 population

Without granaries with med 3:
(10+30)*1.15*1.2=55.2 pop/hour

With granaries 4, med 3:
(10+30+4)*1.15*1.2=60.72 pop/hour

As you can see dude, 4 granaries are more than 4 people per hour and granary price till level 4 is ridiculous.

If you got 900.000 networth in that way, than it means no serious player has ever played as a farmer in this game.

and most of them played the same strategy *Grin*

Naylrod
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 13:22:59 PM »

I'll explain you Naylrod, because it seems that to many experts here learn schematically.

Hiring archers makes sense, because Range 1 cost less then Melee 1. There is no other reason in the world for that. Don't listen absurd explanations.

Ok, thanks. But I still can't get over why the 2h extra with that new province is neglected. But then again, I aint no farmer and will never be.
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 13:24:59 PM »

Ok, thanks. But I still can't get over why the 2h extra with that new province is neglected. But then again, I aint no farmer and will never be.

I'm not also... *Grin*

Anyway, 2 hours are not too much... they are around 80 people more... while Melee 1 cost twice Range 1. *wink*
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 13:26:12 PM by reni » Logged
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 13:26:59 PM »

So,what you are saying is that in the long run, the defense you get from the archers is more important then the increased speed?

yes, cause the difference in speed is 2 hours, and if you farm, you`ll need troops mostly for colonization

Naylrod
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 13:30:26 PM »

Day four:
       Hire 500 soldiers to colonize province 3.

Ok, one further question.

If melee is unimportant and expensive for the first colonization and they (the farmers) mostly use the troops for colonization anyway, why use spears when colonize province 3 in day 4?

edit: maybe the soldiers is still archers   *xxx*

edit2: Yes it must be, he have not yet developed melee.  head_hurts_kr
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 13:34:08 PM by Naylrod » Logged
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 13:35:39 PM »

okey farmers  evil4
if you wanna be really good at net my opinion is that you have to attack in the beginning...first you get 1000 soldiers...then you rob and in that way you get gold which you would produce for 48 hours..now you invest it all in more soldiers which you will use for colonizing...and you can buy both granaries and med *Tongue*  hooray that's how i play and how i think every good player should *Smiley*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 13:36:48 PM »

okey farmers  evil4
if you wanna be really good at net my opinion is that you have to attack in the beginning...first you get 1000 soldiers...then you rob and in that way you get gold which you would produce for 48 hours..now you invest it all in more soldiers which you will use for colonizing...and you can buy both granaries and med *Tongue*  hooray that's how i play and how i think every good player should *Smiley*

that only works in realms with high centralization prices, where johnie`s method is useless

KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 13:37:48 PM »

that only works in realms with high centralization prices, where johnie`s method is useless
hmmm i am gonna try it in r2...for first time i'll try to get more then 6 provinces  head_hurts_kr

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
kingjohn
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 13:43:18 PM »

hmmm i am gonna try it in r2...for first time i'll try to get more then 6 provinces  head_hurts_kr

Yes try it but don't rob me, at r2 someone killed me 1000 villagers but I am not angry because I already recovered 1000 villagers in a day.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: