Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 19:21:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: gasonline and diesel  (Read 7697 times)
Liera
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 19:19:35 PM »

Our petroleum products here has just increased but lately what's causing problem in my country is the price of rice which is a staple food in my country. The price almost doubled in a matter of month or two. And if we encounter again another price increase with petroleum products all prices goes up too but the income stays same. Excluding the fact that the economy in my country is quiet not nice atm. We got strikes usually nationwide but I expect to see more in the coming months. Strikes as of the moment are for salary increase.

Something not nice is the government is selling some imported rice in cheap prices... but with the incident neighbor had I feared the rice from government. Rice was cheap so our neighbor ofc bought some 5kgs for the family. He forgot to put the rice in a keeper and had left it out in the open. The next morning  they found some of the rice spilled in the area near it and a rat bite in the plastic bag... but whats fearful is the the rats who had eaten those rice died right near.. 3 of them. When the rice was fed to the chickens same thing happened. Somehow atm I'm thinking how many people bought those rice to such incident it shows it isn't safe.
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 19:56:16 PM »

also when it doesn't rain  *gamer* OMG imagine the coffeeshops are not getting stocked... that would be the worst thing EVER!  evil3

that really would be a tragedy *Tongue* *Tongue*

here is an election year, and usually politicians are very polite.
about increases, there are some, but since there are still oil reserves, the impact of global oil price increase is not that big.

I agree with Lucius. worldwide rise is not demand driven, cause, even with China's consumption, and problems in some oil producing countries, price should be way lower. Part is driven by speculation, the market being oligopolistic, part is a consequence of the fall of US dollar + deficits, Bush tax policy, mortgage market crisis etc since oil is traded in dollars. In US is cheaper also because Saudi Arabia exports oil there under market price, kind of a protection tax
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 20:38:22 PM by k_mihai » Logged

PYGMILIAN
Private

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 15:18:30 PM »

there are several other reasons Oil prices will continue to grow.
  1) Bush administration refuses to allow Oil companies to Drill in the Gulf coast of Florida
  2) Ecology Nuts in America fight tooth and Nail to stop efforts of the oil companies to drill In anwar refuge in Alaska Which is th Lagest Oil deposit left on the Planet and is solely Under Alaska.
  3) Cuba is going to start drilling for oil in the gulf just 45 or so miles south of Florida and give the fuel to China.
   4) Bushes nose is so far up  Exxons ass that Dick would have a screaming fit if Bush gave in.

5)  and the biggest and most important factor is >>>>>>>  Global anarchy is good for the war department.

experiance takes time to come, if you don't see it coming then it means you shoold reconsider your logic
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 15:42:51 PM »

nope, is wrong. price is no driven up by cost. free market rules don`t apply to oil and in general energy sector, cause there is no free market, is strongly cartelised, with companies and some governments making the rules. oil companies are one of the causes why price is high (they win when oil is expensive). price rose way high above consumption in the last years. or example, in the case of oil from Middle East production costs are meaningless. also, offer doesn`t rise according to demand, there is an unused capacity for production, in Saudi Arabia. second, by an OPEC agreement in the 70s, oil is traded in dollars, which means that when the dollar falls, oil prices grow. also, the war in Iraq had some influence

the thing about Alaska is false. the world biggest depots are in Middle East and Siberia, not US.

samyoboy
Colonel

I'm a busy man

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 16:04:16 PM »

Hi,

In portugal today we are having shortages of gasoline and diesel as a result of striking truck drivers demanding a reduction in the price of fuel. 

I was wondering if anyone else in any other country is experiencing this sort of problem.  Just today three of my salespeople were unable to come to work as there is no gasoline in any of the pumps anywhere near their residence...

As a result of this strike, yesterday at my local supermarket there was no fresh fruit or vegetables as the truck drivers arent delivering anything anywhere.

We are not having this problem in U.K..  Instead we have highest fuel prices in the world. And in my local area people are busy protesting against having wind turbines built. (cause it will spoil the veiw of the countryside that we are killing!!!!)

THERE IS METHOD BEHIND MY MADNESS 
PYGMILIAN
Private

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 23:31:21 PM »

Yes but the oil reserves in Alaska are un tapped and there for are still the largest oil deposit still virgin to Human intervention

experiance takes time to come, if you don't see it coming then it means you shoold reconsider your logic
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 23:44:06 PM »

wll, numbers like that are very speculative. one can never know, cause the supposed reserves are pushed way to hight, for PR reason, like it happened in Casian Sea case

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: