Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 05:40:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is this legal?  (Read 10980 times)
raito
Lieutenant

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2008, 00:20:03 AM »

well, there is a confusion. as far as i knew, there were no war income for v4 realms, but i think in r5, which is v4 now, there is war income
I don't know the exact situation of realm 5, but as long as there is the old version of alliance, there still is war income. As for realm 25.

bilko1
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2008, 08:40:53 AM »

can you link an official discussion where those rules are contradicted?

Quoting the rules when loging in to R38:
Every player must have 6 consecutive hours of offline time on every 24 hours. If a player violates this rule, the automatic system will lock his/hers account for 10 hours.

If it doesn't apply to R38, why is that written there?   *xxx*

And, again quoting:
University reduction:
Decreases time for research by 0.45*
Decreases price for research by 0.02*

Architecture reduction:
Decreases time for constructing a building by 0.30*
Decreases time for constructing a building by 0.02*

Military Architecture reduction:
Decreases time for constructing a fortress by 0.30*
Units bearing capacity
Light
Spearman              30   
Archer                   35   
Swordsman            25   
Light Horseman       60   

Heavy     
Heavy Spearman             25   
Heavy Archer                 30   
Heavy Swordsman           20   
Heavy Horseman             50   

Elite     
Phalanx                  15   
Elite Archer             25   
Guardian                 15   
Paladin                   40

This rules do not apply to R38. If they do, and I'm mistaking, than the problem is with the game it self. The rules written in the game are saying different things than the rules in realms descriptions.

Well, about units bearing capacity, CaXo said it will be implemented soon, but it's not written in the news and it shouldn't be written in description of realm versions, until it's implemented.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:19:54 AM by bilko1 » Logged
raito
Lieutenant

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2008, 12:14:16 PM »

the rules before the login are equal for all the realms and are not been updated since a while. in realm 38 there is not offline rule.

the reductions applies in every realm (with the specific differences between one relm version and the other, you may find these in the news I've linked before)

It is known that the units bearing capacity has not yet been implemented. When it will be implemented you will find the news in the appropiate section.

bilko1
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2008, 12:42:22 PM »

OK, thanks... sorry for me screaming yesterday, I had erased my massage instantly, but obviusly you saw it.  *pardon* *Embarrassed*
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 13:26:21 PM by bilko1 » Logged
Petertje
Private

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2008, 12:52:25 PM »

OK, sorry to repeat myself, but all the people telling us we should have locked the alliance are missing the point. this was a FIXED battle. It does not matter if it was in or out the war / alliance / whatsoever. The Trojan horse tactic is explicitely forbidden by the cheating rules on the home page as well as in the FAQ's. A "Trojan horse tactic" is clearly a fixed battle in order to gain a benefit, so it is forbidden. Period. And not difficult to prove either.
This IS cheating. And if the mods tell us it is not, they either have Alzheimer and are illiterate (as they do not know nor can read what they have written in the past) or are completely incompetent. Or perhaps they are subject to (Bulgarian nationalism) pressure. A rant? No a logical deduction.....
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 13:25:54 PM »

OK, sorry to repeat myself, but all the people telling us we should have locked the alliance are missing the point. this was a FIXED battle. It does not matter if it was in or out the war / alliance / whatsoever. The Trojan horse tactic is explicitely forbidden by the cheating rules on the home page as well as in the FAQ's. A "Trojan horse tactic" is clearly a fixed battle in order to gain a benefit, so it is forbidden. Period. And not difficult to prove either.
This IS cheating. And if the mods tell us it is not, they either have Alzheimer and are illiterate (as they do not know nor can read what they have written in the past) or are completely incompetent. Or perhaps they are subject to (Bulgarian nationalism) pressure. A rant? No a logical deduction.....

technically probably you are right... a trojan is a fixed battle and thus against the rules... but it's not punished because everyone can do something to prevent this to happen... the thing is, though, that friendly pillages (for example) are also fixed battles and is much more accepted as a tactics although this is something that you can't prevent! you can make sure no one enters your alliance as a trojan; but you can't do anything in a war if the enemy alliance gets all their provinces friendly pillaged during a war... sometimes those pillages could have been very profitable in war; maybe even more profitable than a trojan!
Frankster
Private

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 14:42:56 PM »

technically probably you are right... a trojan is a fixed battle and thus against the rules... but it's not punished because everyone can do something to prevent this to happen...
let's forget about the Trojan thing for a moment (you could even consider it a tactical thing). Let's focus on the circumstances of the battle:

Rule: Fixed battles are considered cheating and are a reason for being banned
Question: is this a fixed battle or not? :

I have a boxed province with a level 7 fortress in the mountains with forests where I always keep my army.
I then move my entire army, except my trebuchets to my weakest province where I have a level 6 fortress in the plains. I move as much paladins as possible inside the fortress and leave my elite archers outside in the rain, and oh miracle ... half an hour later that weak province is attacked and my army is smashed to pieces. The attacker gets an incredible amount of military points, a boost in honour, a nice pack of resources and -oh yes- his alliance suddenly wins the war and so he can pass by the cashier again for his war income.

THAT IS NOT CHEATING NOR PUNISHABLE (like a moderator answered me in PM)Huh?Huh??

Then please explain to me: what is considered a fixed battle? Attacking myself?
urka73
Private

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2008, 15:36:40 PM »

let's forget about the Trojan thing for a moment (you could even consider it a tactical thing). Let's focus on the circumstances of the battle:
I have a boxed province with a level 7 fortress in the mountains with forests where I always keep my army.
I then move my entire army, except my trebuchets to my weakest province where I have a level 6 fortress in the plains. I move as much paladins as possible inside the fortress and leave my elite archers outside in the rain, and oh miracle ... half an hour later that weak province is attacked and my army is smashed to pieces. The attacker gets an incredible amount of military points, a boost in honour, a nice pack of resources and -oh yes- his alliance suddenly wins the war and so he can pass by the cashier again for his war income.

THAT IS NOT CHEATING NOR PUNISHABLE (like a moderator answered me in PM)Huh?Huh??

Then please explain to me: what is considered a fixed battle? Attacking myself?

thanks Frankster your explanation is very clear
I'm agree 100 % with you.
the problem are the admin they didn't listen us because this is an old problem that they don't want to solve it.

Frankster
Private

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2008, 15:45:16 PM »

ok, meanwhile the culprits got banned for 48 hours because ... they had also been babysitting each other's account, and that -according to the moderator- made it a fixed battle. head_hurts_kr
Hiske
Trusted Member

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2008, 15:47:32 PM »

ok, meanwhile the culprits got banned for 48 hours because ... they had also been babysitting each other's account, and that -according to the moderator- made it a fixed battle. head_hurts_kr

how else do you think you can prove it's a fixed battle?
Frankster
Private

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2008, 17:32:17 PM »

how else do you think you can prove it's a fixed battle?

if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's very, very, very likely that it's a duck. hmmm

Come on woman (I stand corrected  *pardon*): read the complete story of what and how and read the FAQ on cheating *pardon*
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 18:46:00 PM by Frankster » Logged
bilko1
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2008, 18:05:17 PM »

if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's very, very, very likely that it's a duck. hmmm

I agree, that has to be a duck!  *hahaha* anybody has a rifle? Dinner is just flying by...  *freak*
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 18:07:42 PM by bilko1 » Logged
Hiske
Trusted Member

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2008, 18:07:19 PM »

Come on man: read the complete story of what and how and read the FAQ on cheating *pardon*

first of all; I'm a woman and second; I wrote that FAQ on cheating *Smiley* so I do know what I'm talking about *Smiley*
bilko1
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2008, 18:13:39 PM »

Hiske, a question:

If I attack the same player continuosly (not my friend or anything like that) (and I'm not doing it yet), to get my military points higher, is that OK, or would that be called as pushing my account?  hmmm
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2008, 18:17:47 PM »

pushing account means fixed battle *pardon*

I am the one and only!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: