Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 07:50:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any High Point Strategy  (Read 7754 times)
k_mihai
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 13:59:33 PM »

not necessarily *rose* not everything works out the same as theoratically... I'm sure you can calculate that a f7 is better than a f6; but in practice I really doubt it (when playing low points of course...)! calculations are good; but not too much! but that's just my humble noobish opinion of course *hihi*

we were talking about using battle calculator *Tongue*
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 14:10:01 PM »

there are players that play very well even without battle calculator because they have linux and there is no online calculator *bravo*

I am the one and only!
k_mihai
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 14:10:31 PM »

there are players that play very well even without battle calculator because they have linux and there is no online calculator *bravo*

but once you have it *Grin*
Naylrod
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008, 14:13:46 PM »

Naylord, it works with any amount of archers including your 5000, even if you had fortifications 14 *Grin* that`s because pals and guards have bonuses against archers

calculations are for good players.

First, it's Naylrod, not Naylord.  *Angry*

Second, I would say no, 5000 (or so) gives more + to me if I lose as defender in the average attack in R9. But as Hiske I only go with what I see, not on what I could calc so I could be wrong. But the real key is probably military med, which I usually have pretty high.

Third, I have no idea what you believe makes a good player, but what I mean when I say no to calcs. is that a good player (in my opinion) do not need to calc since you develope a certain feeling of when you win or lose. Where lose means that you do not attack.

And I do have 6 offensive defeats, but they are all but 2 on goldmines so if you say that losing a few fights to a goldmine makes a bad player, so be it. Then I am a bad player.

The 2 I lost, I lost in the last day of a war, when we needed to do some ugly stuff to win, which failed but that's another story.
Naylrod
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 14:16:21 PM »

I have a Mac, same story if you don't wanna istall windows, which I don't. I rather quit playing.
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 14:18:25 PM »

I have a Mac, same story if you don't wanna istall windows, which I don't. I rather quit playing.

I knew about you and I know one more player *rose*

I am the one and only!
Naylrod
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 14:20:00 PM »

I knew about you and I know one more player *rose*

Ok, I did it, I gave + Karma to radooo. Now I have to take a shower. Ahhhhrggg!  *suicide*
k_mihai
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 14:26:08 PM »

First, it's Naylrod, not Naylord.  *Angry*

Second, I would say no, 5000 (or so) gives more + to me if I lose as defender in the average attack in R9. But as Hiske I only go with what I see, not on what I could calc so I could be wrong. But the real key is probably military med, which I usually have pretty high.

Third, I have no idea what you believe makes a good player, but what I mean when I say no to calcs. is that a good player (in my opinion) do not need to calc since you develope a certain feeling of when you win or lose. Where lose means that you do not attack.

And I do have 6 offensive defeats, but they are all but 2 on goldmines so if you say that losing a few fights to a goldmine makes a bad player, so be it. Then I am a bad player.

The 2 I lost, I lost in the last day of a war, when we needed to do some ugly stuff to win, which failed but that's another story.

well, that feeling doesn`t help in all situations. in this one, without calc, it was difficult to decide exactly who`s right.

my feeling was exactly the opposite, based on wars in which i took part that all forts with any amount of archers can be destroyed, with the attacker losing less than the defender, using pals+trebs, sometimes guards. but i had to calc to prove  it.
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 14:29:20 PM »

I usually use the calculator with defense... cause then it's more often pretty close and sometimes hard to guess... when you don't use the calculator I think you'll have much less close battles, especially in war... and IMO they are the most fun *wink*
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 14:30:46 PM »

especially if you win a battle with 25 morale or something like that *pardon*

P.S. If someone sends 75k paladins with 750 trebuchets, the defender will lose more points if he has archers in fort *pardon*

I am the one and only!
k_mihai
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 14:33:42 PM »

most fun is to know that you will have a close battle and still pursue it *Tongue*

i don`t use either calc when i`m sure of the result, usually in attacks, but that doesn`t always work, especially in the later stages
Naylrod
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 14:43:48 PM »

That we all play so different styles are also a thing that makes this game so funny I guess!
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2008, 15:47:16 PM »

20k guardians + 30k paladins + 500 trebs against fortress 7 fortification 10 with 10k archers inside gives nearly the same mil. points. Normally it gives something more to the defender, but 32 gained from the fortress equalizes it.

You need 900+ trebs to have a positive result. They will destroy the fort very fast, not giving possibility the archers to make so much damage...
k_mihai
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2008, 15:55:11 PM »

nope reni. with mil med 13, which is i usually have in the end, the attacker gets almost twice mil p than the defender (not included the fort)

reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2008, 16:47:19 PM »

nope reni. with mil med 13, which is i usually have in the end, the attacker gets almost twice mil p than the defender (not included the fort)

it can be... I have not calculated it with mil med 13, but 10... Anyway you need also to calculate mil med of defender... It is a little bit complicated to guess correctly everything... Anyway, i try not to attack fortresses full of archers during alliance wars, looking that mil med 13 it will come much later in the game (if it will come at all).

P.S.
And this is the only reason to build fortress 7. If you will not fight alliance wars, then better not exhaust resources and stay with fortress 6, because in the moment fortress 7 will finish you will start to use army save  *Tongue*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: