Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 14:34:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any High Point Strategy  (Read 7756 times)
syafi
Sergeant

« on: May 29, 2008, 05:24:12 AM »

It seems almost everyone using low point strategy now.

Can someone shed some light on how to play militarily aggressive ?
how to play good pillage and siege when we are in lower level
how to composite the army when we are higher point level.

in short How to shoot for the top 10 military & point ranking,
instead of lying low and picking on weakling like the low point strategy advocate.

hard
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 13:15:05 PM by syafi » Logged
faron
Sergeant

Hey! Don't look your back.....

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 14:11:59 PM »

Use battle calculator and spy , this can make you get enemy more correctly.( I use this, then my military point form corporal to sergeant in one weak, really!)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 14:55:09 PM by faron » Logged

Dangerous butcher in r 38 *Grin*
Naylrod
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 21:41:16 PM »

It seems almost everyone using low point strategy now.

Can someone shed some light on how to play militarily aggressive ?
how to play good pillage and siege when we are in lower level
how to composite the army when we are higher point level.

in short How to shoot for the top 10 military & point ranking,
instead of lying low and picking on weakling like the low point strategy advocate.

hard

Start out as a farmer the first 80% of the era and then make big army, destroying a few other big army's.
High Mili points and High Net acclaimed, and probably some Honor as well.

Funny? NO!
Stupid? YES!

Lord_S
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 21:47:31 PM »

Start out as a farmer the first 80% of the era and then make big army, destroying a few other big army's.
High Mili points and High Net acclaimed, and probably some Honor as well.

Funny? NO!
Stupid? YES!

*bravo* *bravo* *bravo*
Цезар
Major

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 21:53:19 PM »

Naylrod  you are saying the truth  , but how to convince the stipud players that they are stupid since the millitary ranking cannot be wan fairly within the last week of the era   *freak* *hahaha*
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 21:53:30 PM by Цезар » Logged
Naylrod
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 21:57:08 PM »

Naylrod  you are saying the truth  , but how to convince the stipud players that they are stupid since the millitary ranking cannot be wan fairly within the last week of the era   *freak* *hahaha*

I have no idea, it is not easy to reach the stupid ones

...but having a signature like yours might help.  *rose*
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 22:05:52 PM by Naylrod » Logged
numpty
Forum Staff

The real bggest loser!!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 22:19:10 PM »

the high point strategy is composed by the following simple rules (by order of importance) and I have tested it in 4 month and 8 month realms:

- time - you need lots of online time cause you need to save lots of resources, especially during the first hal of the realm, and the "so-called" warriors will target the players that are in the top 20 or more.  If you are online a lot you dont need to waste resources on outposts, the best defense is being online!;
- centralization, colonize as fast and as much as you can;
- medicine and granaries - increase the population and the population growth rate as much and as fast as you can;
- forts - they increase things 10% for every level in the province, an oft forgotten attribute of the stone walls that make them very important (make all forts level 7 or 8 as quickly as humanly possible);
- military research - as forts use no iron, these should be built at the same time as you are improving your forts...

That´s essentially as i do it, other players do it other ways, just as effectively.  You also need troops to defend inside the fort to accomplish this so you will need troops...

To whom is may concern, to all unhappy, disappointed, permanently complaining people:
You are not obliged to pay, neither you're obliged to play this game at all. You pay, you make your choice.
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 23:19:20 PM »

I usually play mixed points strategy (though lately with Hiske's influence I'm turning to the dark side of warriors, got level 1 forts now  *xxx*). Reading this forum makes me think I'm the only one who does it...

Basically, invest in medicine and granaries, yes, but not over the top. Keep a strong defense that would make attackers think twice before messing with you, and retaliate to attacks to make them stop farming you (though it may be hard to know who'd go nuts and re-retaliate out of anger; these you have to strike really hard or not at all). Keep both decent spy levels and very good border outposts if possible. There are plenty of targets around, pick the ones you like but don't exhaust them. Don't build too much army; you don't need to beat on the "true warriors" until you're x2 their points, and sometimes not even then, so don't bother. A good rule of thumb made not by me but the infamous Rogue is that if your production can rebuild your army from scratch in two days, then it's a good economy without being defenseless.

Since your army cannot match up to others', make sure to have a boxed mountains province. Make lot of plains with forests if you can, you'll need a TON of wood because you're investing in both farms and army. If you have excess, you can always research Range. Try to let none of your farms max out, but don't go nuts on granaries - you'll get there, eventually. Make your mountains province as unattractive to attackers as possible - unlike the warrior you can't count on your army to necessarily defend against attackers, so although you can store there more resources when online, when you go offline try to put little in it to deter people from attacking you.
Don't insist on boxing a province next to your p8, in all my latest games I boxed using Centralization 5, including R4 but also in V4 realms, it never posed a problem for me, trouble getting to Cent 5 is a myth as far as I'm concerned - it may be that way for warriors, but when you have a steady income, it's not a problem.

Unlike the farmer, who always sells, or the warrior, who always buys iron and wood, play it mixed. Sell excess resources when in need of gold, and then gather more of whatever is priciest. Don't make your researches deterministic - rather, be a researcher of opportunity. Research whatever you can or nearly can afford at the time. If you have lots of resources, consider upgrading you Centralization. Few resources - upgrade your low level researches. Trade is important, but don't rush to level 6 unless you're in an 8 months realm or if prices are going nuts.

Forts: level 3 in provinces where you expect lots and lots of attacks; level 4 in others; highest you can afford in your boxed.

This strategy works well even if you play very little (in which case, abandon cartography) and don't have premium, and exceedingly well if you play solo - an alliance may well be a liability for this strategy, though a leader/advisor bonus is very helpful. Using this strategy will get you in the top 50 net worth, though likely not in the top 10 - maybe if you're very determined *wink*
Most of all, it takes a lot of skill because you have to know your way around both economy and battle. But, I find it very rewarding *Smiley*

I tried making this detailed but it's pretty much on the fly. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 23:27:29 PM »

oki,there is too much text so i am just gonna give you + karma because you wrote a lot *Grin*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Цезар
Major

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 00:15:49 AM »

http://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=6354.0

I think this is what me and Naylrod dont like , this is stupid , and the red ducks learned a lesson.
I was a farmer until the middle of 8 month era and i was bored and tired , i decided to build army and this is the result(i'm Cesar).

I think being a farmer 7 months  and fight the last days is very  *crazy*  because  there is no challenge in this
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 00:17:01 AM by Цезар » Logged
dinnu
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 00:43:18 AM »

http://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=6354.0

I think this is what me and Naylrod dont like , this is stupid , and the red ducks learned a lesson.
I was a farmer until the middle of 8 month era and i was bored and tired , i decided to build army and this is the result(i'm Cesar).

I think being a farmer 7 months  and fight the last days is very  *crazy*  because  there is no challenge in this

hooray *bravo* *bravo*
syafi
Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 01:45:51 AM »

Naylrod - Цезар, Thank you.

so you say its good to play farmer and switch to military within the last quarter of the era..
which would be boring since we usually get pillaged most of the time and by end of era we would have strong enough economy to build very strong army and take on the others very easily..

I will test it on blitz then

Polymeron - Thank you
I will test it on blitz once it re open  *heart*
Цезар
Major

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 07:41:47 AM »

btw , venust ,LELEMALE , zLaGaD ,DIVINELCF and tswbg are my allies , so it was one very interesting realm  *hahaha*
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 07:47:12 AM »

I have to say, I never palyed Blitz... I think Blitz entails not sleeping for a few months  *hihi*

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
Naylrod
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 08:18:45 AM »

so you say its good to play farmer and switch to military within the last quarter of the era..
which would be boring since we usually get pillaged most of the time and by end of era we would have strong enough economy to build very strong army and take on the others very easily..

Not quite what I meant but almost.

It is "good" if all you want is a high net and military score but it is not as good if you wanna have fun in the way I am thinking of having fun in this game which spells - Alliance Wars.

After I have fought my way thorugh an Era along with my ally-mates (having fun) I will see where I end up. If I am high in military (I never end up high in Net or Honor), I will of course be happy about it and brag a lot, putting my star in my signature (see below), naming other people noobs (see all over the forum) etc. etc.

But that is not really important for me.

...and I've tried Low-point strategy a couple of times but I got bored with that as well. So I guess I use some kind of mixed point stratgey as Polymeron is talking about, but I never think to much about it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: