Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 05:57:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake pillages  (Read 14737 times)
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 14:48:46 PM »

1 week armor? *freak*
The only things that friends can do for you is to give you pillages for 10% population and to do kamikaze or kill someone's army (and this one isn't all the time available) ...that's not too much *pardon*

Ok Radooo... I'm unable to convince you  *sos* as always  *rose*
k_mihai
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 16:05:42 PM »

i agree with mc here. also, army saves to friends, with field battle, against an empty province (no army or resources), are not considered cheating
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 16:32:50 PM »

I also agree. About 10% pillages, we have to remember both the need for diplomacy, and the fact that the defender is, in fact, getting hurt. Being pillaged for 20% is not a certainty; the pillage could be unneeded eventually, or the enemy might have pillaged for less than 20%. Also the pillage would have come at a later time, meaning the loss of time spent with undisturbed growth. All in all, not a really big gain.

Some people try to make it seem like any sort of cooperation is cheating, but this is not the case. Cooperation is not merely allowed, it is encouraged. The way I see it, the rules preventing account pushing and multi attacking were made despite wanting to encourage cooperation between allies, becasue people were taking it to a bad place.

The baseline ideology is that if two players are different people and both actually play the game actively then they can do pretty much what they want. Circumstance has imposed some variation on that theme, but it remains largely intact.

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
k_mihai
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 16:34:26 PM »

good point  *bear*
mrhope
Private

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 20:13:03 PM »

A question: are you calling a trojan the act of pillaging with the intent to protect that province for the duration of the journey and causing no villiage losses (due to taking less than 10%)? If not please explain *Smiley*
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 22:37:11 PM »

trojan=person your alliance sends to alliance in which you are in war,in intention that person brings you victory (that person is often outside alliance that want to join you so you first send him to do that little mission for you) *ok*
it's not like i ever did such dirty things...i fight fair and square

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 01:10:46 AM »

Some people try to make it seem like any sort of cooperation is cheating, but this is not the case. Cooperation is not merely allowed, it is encouraged.

No, this is not the case and i agree with you. But IO needs very clear rules, which already are vague.  *xxx*
I need to know:
1. What is a fixed battle and how is decided for that.
2. What is the meaning of pushing, and why pushing population is allowed
3. Why a "trojan" is not considered pushing military and also pushing alliance rankings.
4. Why bugs in the game, that makes possible the use of trojans in a very unusual mode (the concept does not exist in the game itself  *stop* ) create a situation where admins must tolerate some kinds of cheating.  *hmm*

I understand there are some difficult points to resolve, but is better to put some clear rules (like attack with IP match) and not enter in the labyrinth of some vague and unapplicable rules. What i mean is simple: Fixed battle means fixed battle. I'm sorry but the word has only one sense. And unfortunately friendly pillage is a fixed battle even if any of parts gets anything. While army save is not a fixed battle, if it is against a gold coin, but of course is a fixed battle if it is against of another player, who also "army saves" at you.

This is not diplomacy, neither cooperation. Diplomacy create NAP-s or alliance wars. Cooperation makes possible massive and coordinated attacks against an alliance or even e single player. So don't confuse words. This is the first game where a plague can be even friendly  *hahaha* , because there is a concept in the game that allows that  *freak*. Ok, the concept is right, but not the fixed battle that spoils that concept.
k_mihai
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 01:44:14 AM »

so, now, coordinated attacks by dfferent players are not cheating anymore?  *freak*
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 01:50:52 AM »

so, now, coordinated attacks by dfferent players are not cheating anymore?  *freak*

Coordinated attacks does not mean kamikaze attacks  *freak* Anyway, they are not cheat if they are not multi accounts. The problem is that i always see them with doubts. But maybe because they upset my army...  *black_eye* Anyway... For example, A massive pillage from 3 players with 3 armies each against one player with 9 provinces is a coordinated attack. This can be useful against friendly pillages, because they will not know in advance that we can pillage him  *freak*
citral
Captain

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 02:03:35 AM »

I dont see how fake pillages could be a cheat. Its just another wartactics, just like armysaves. Now u can do armysave on a goldmine, but b4 that, u had to do armysave on a friends province. U had to contact the guy, asking u can send ur army. So would that have been a fixed battle to?

No really, learn yur tactics!!
k_mihai
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 09:18:09 AM »

Coordinated attacks does not mean kamikaze attacks  *freak* Anyway, they are not cheat if they are not multi accounts. The problem is that i always see them with doubts. But maybe because they upset my army...  *black_eye* Anyway... For example, A massive pillage from 3 players with 3 armies each against one player with 9 provinces is a coordinated attack. This can be useful against friendly pillages, because they will not know in advance that we can pillage him  *freak*

sorry, u always see with doubts things which u don`t like in this game. and there is no reason for coordinated attacks to exclude kamikadze.
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 15:24:11 PM »

I dont see how fake pillages could be a cheat. Its just another wartactics, just like armysaves. Now u can do armysave on a goldmine, but b4 that, u had to do armysave on a friends province. U had to contact the guy, asking u can send ur army. So would that have been a fixed battle to?

No really, learn yur tactics!!

Of course. It is a 100% fixed battle. That is the meaning of "FIXED BATTLE": A battle that was arranged between 2 players. Reason is not important.  *pardon*

If you think tactics are a way to brake the rules, you are again wrong... I'm sorry...  *rose*

Quote from: k_mihai
sorry, u always see with doubts things which u don`t like in this game. and there is no reason for coordinated attacks to exclude kamikadze.

I think i'm right. Unapplicaple rules create confusion, are a way to cheat for some players and a weapon against some others.
k_mihai
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 15:26:21 PM »

there is nothing wrong in kamikadze attacks if they are done by different players, so, i don`t see ur point.
and not all fixed battles are forbidden 

cheating the rankings is the thing that`s prohibited
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 15:27:02 PM by k_mihai » Logged
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 15:29:39 PM »

there is nothing wrong in kamikadze attacks if they are done by different players, so, i don`t see ur point.
and not all fixed battles are forbidden 

cheating the rankings is the thing that`s prohibited

All fixed battles are a way to cheat the ratings, because in a way or another they are a factor.  *pardon*
k_mihai
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 15:33:40 PM »

nope.

for example read my previous post:
i agree with mc here. also, army saves to friends, with field battle, against an empty province (no army or resources), are not considered cheating

how a battle with 0 mil p, 0 money can affect anything? duh!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: