Imperia Online International
April 20, 2024, 11:49:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Improving the 6 hour offline rule  (Read 1688 times)
beloved
Private

« on: May 04, 2008, 20:11:00 PM »

I am so mad right now! evil3 I just attacked a few guys consecutively and accumulated close to a million in gold. The last attack was about to bring in about 500K plus in gold. My army was on the way back and I was preparing to churn out my first Heavy Swordsmen and Archers (that's right, I'm new)... when the screen goes off and I am told my account is blocked because I violated some rules.

Now, the rules state clearly 6 consecutive hours offline in 24 hours. That's what I have been doing all this while: yesterday, I only logged-in in the 15th hour (i.e. offline 15 consecutive hours), and today I was planning to go off in an hour's time (i.e. i'll be offline 12 consecutive hours). So, how have I broken the rules!!!!!!!!!!

So, the first 24 hours I was logged off 15 hours and the second 24 hours i was planning to be off 12 hours. Now, if the moderators tell me that it's 6 consecutive hours in a 24 consecutive hours block, then my point is this:

• first, why wasn't this clearly stated? The rules simply say 6 consecutive hours offline in 24 hours (it could simply be written: 6 consecutive hours offline in a 24 consecutive hour block)

• second, if a block of 24 consecutive hours is what was meant, then why would you confuse and mislead gamers by writing the hours (0,1,2,...24). By doing that, wouldnt gamers misunderstand that you mean within this 0-24 block (instead of any consecutive 24 hours). In that case, I suggest that the numbers be removed (since they do not serve any purpose) and simply use black and red coloured horizontal blocks/bars. I am certain people can count 6 black coloured horizontal bars.

Some other suggestions:
  • Give first time offenders a warning. i think that's only fair. Repeat offenders should be blocked.
  • If I am going to be blocked off, then at least make sure others cannot attack me (like a 10 hour vacation mode). But, as a form of penalisation, during this 10 hour block, my empire cannot produce or accumulate resources. I think this is better than allowing others to attack while i cannot do anything.

Now, the million in gold I had accumulated over many hours is going to be taken by one lucky chap (who is going to become stronger at my expense) just because the rules were not clearly explained or were misleading.

evil3[/list][/list][/list][/list]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: