Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 11:02:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginners!!!  (Read 5248 times)
North
Private

« on: April 26, 2008, 03:33:12 AM »

I know im still getting used to this game, but after some time of playing i found that what im about to say with help Beginners out ah little bit

When i first started playing the first thing i went to go upgrade would be my fort, because in my empire my fort and population would be the most important thing because if your fort gets destroyed then really anything else is is stop until the fort is repaired.

the reason im posting this is because a friend of mine only worked on building an army and he payed for it at the end because his army and is fort was destroyed (his fort was lvl1 and he had over 2000 men)thats what he told me.

so what im trying to say is get your fort to a decent lvl before u start building an army cause any army can destroyed
and if that happends then your fort is done for. 
dinnu
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 03:36:53 AM »

ujualy a fort 3 with some fortifications brings the neigbourhs to decent level of despair..in the very begining,,,isnt it?
army of course...personalyy i decide only for swordsmans...anyway... what u tell about imperial reserves and a war-intention from beginning?
North
Private

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 03:54:05 AM »

do u keep your army of swordsmen in the fortress or do u keep them on the province?

cause on the province that army of swordsmen would get destroyed my archers and spearmen.

but in the fortress idk, they might be go defenders but i dont use swordsmen.
dinnu
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 03:57:56 AM »

use the battle simulator... talk when u do this.. already have that batlle, plus 200 cavalry..iv winn...not a field battle, but a fortress siege...lets say..same resources for armies..45k wood, 18kiron...
ps:as a defender....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 04:05:45 AM by dinnu » Logged
lionheart
Lieutenant

Go ahead punk, make my day

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 05:21:55 AM »

do u keep your army of swordsmen in the fortress or do u keep them on the province?

cause on the province that army of swordsmen would get destroyed my archers and spearmen.

but in the fortress idk, they might be go defenders but i dont use swordsmen.

Swordsmen get a x2 bonus vs archers and spears. 1000 swords can beat 1000 spears without a single casualty.  *ok*

powerr98
Captain

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 06:29:28 AM »

I know im still getting used to this game, but after some time of playing i found that what im about to say with help Beginners out ah little bit

When i first started playing the first thing i went to go upgrade would be my fort, because in my empire my fort and population would be the most important thing because if your fort gets destroyed then really anything else is is stop until the fort is repaired.

the reason im posting this is because a friend of mine only worked on building an army and he payed for it at the end because his army and is fort was destroyed (his fort was lvl1 and he had over 2000 men)thats what he told me.

so what im trying to say is get your fort to a decent lvl before u start building an army cause any army can destroyed
and if that happends then your fort is done for. 

Alot has been posted about beginner strategy. You just need to go throught the old posts. But basically, its always advisable to build your economy for the first 2-3 months of a 8/12 month era. Of course some players go straight for Military but there's gotta be a balance. Players concentrating solely on Military will not last the realm. They die the moment their army is destroyed. A weak eco makes a comeback very difficult.

1) Keep enough troops (approx 100 archers in the fort) to deter opportunistic attackers. Garrisoned archers fight with 4X normal attack and usually cause more damage to enemy troops especially spears.

2) Concentrate on increasing population and resource production. Fortress levels are important as they give an additional 10% increase/level. (But always have enough stone for rebuilding in case it gets destroyed)

3) Also increase your Border levels. High borders are important in the beginning when most players dont have high spy levels. Normally players do not attack blind unless they are sure they can defeat you.Later in the game, Borders become less and less important. But always remember that thr's always a minimum 1% chance of probability that spies can penetrate your Borders.

4) Never leave resources gathering in your Fortress. Save what u can in the Imperial Reserve and use the rest before you log off. In the beginning most attacks are to get gold not for Military glory.

5) Plan your upgrades/construction. Try to minimise the use of trade until you can get it down to 5%. Mine what you need for research. e.g if u need wood and stone then put all your workers in wood and stone. Upgrade step by step. Do not be over-ambitious and aim for expensive upgrades and end up losing what u saved with a single enemy attack.

6) Try to stay online as much as possible. Now with the 6hr offline rule gone for Version 4 realms, there are many players who will stay online very often (like me *hihi*)

There are many more tactics for beginners that can be found in the Forum. Use the forum well and ull benefit from it.

Cheers!
k_mihai
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 11:35:38 AM »

build an army (800 sp, 200 archers). use the army to get resources to build ur empire, send ur army far away when you are not connected.

in 8 months or more era, use the army to get money for provinces. in this way, you will grow faster than players who start the game by concentrating only on eco. then choose, continue military or eco.

in 4 months era, i would recommend start eco for the 1st 3 weeks, is easier for beginners.
TanJiAe
Private

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 03:21:08 AM »

...Of course some players go straight for Military but there's gotta be a balance. Players concentrating solely on Military will not last the realm. They die the moment their army is destroyed. A weak eco makes a comeback very difficult...

I just want to add, if in case that you prefer military, never use your bank loans until your army will be destroyed through a failed attack or through a defensive defeat. Always make a backup
EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 20:09:13 PM »

Alot has been posted about beginner strategy. You just need to go throught the old posts. But basically, its always advisable to build your economy for the first 2-3 months of a 8/12 month era. Of course some players go straight for Military but there's gotta be a balance. Players concentrating solely on Military will not last the realm. They die the moment their army is destroyed. A weak eco makes a comeback very difficult.

1) Keep enough troops (approx 100 archers in the fort) to deter opportunistic attackers. Garrisoned archers fight with 4X normal attack and usually cause more damage to enemy troops especially spears.

2) Concentrate on increasing population and resource production. Fortress levels are important as they give an additional 10% increase/level. (But always have enough stone for rebuilding in case it gets destroyed)

3) Also increase your Border levels. High borders are important in the beginning when most players dont have high spy levels. Normally players do not attack blind unless they are sure they can defeat you.Later in the game, Borders become less and less important. But always remember that thr's always a minimum 1% chance of probability that spies can penetrate your Borders.

4) Never leave resources gathering in your Fortress. Save what u can in the Imperial Reserve and use the rest before you log off. In the beginning most attacks are to get gold not for Military glory.

5) Plan your upgrades/construction. Try to minimise the use of trade until you can get it down to 5%. Mine what you need for research. e.g if u need wood and stone then put all your workers in wood and stone. Upgrade step by step. Do not be over-ambitious and aim for expensive upgrades and end up losing what u saved with a single enemy attack.

6) Try to stay online as much as possible. Now with the 6hr offline rule gone for Version 4 realms, there are many players who will stay online very often (like me *hihi*)

There are many more tactics for beginners that can be found in the Forum. Use the forum well and ull benefit from it.

Cheers!
very good! nice strategy!  hooray
kzsolti
Private

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 12:57:29 PM »

Cheers!

Hello,

What is this "6hr offline rule"?
Thanks.
gabzpiano
Lieutenant

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 03:09:12 AM »

well there was a rule where u have to have 6 hours in a row offline(not being online), its annoying when ppl dont get that... the name of the rule says it all
EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 13:39:24 PM »

Hey people of the earth see this!.. http://statika.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game/frvote.php?user=25058984&realm=25
Virendra
Private

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 15:05:10 PM »

Congrats.....whatever it is.... hmmm
Alex123
Sergeant

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 15:00:14 PM »

Congrats.....whatever it is.... hmmm
*hahaha* *hahaha*this guy is funny, he really doesnt get what it is
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: