Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 19:24:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: education or parent who's fault  (Read 8412 times)
carman
Lieutenant

blue death

« on: September 18, 2007, 23:59:58 PM »

what is your opinion on education and crime are they more in common than we think. Is the lack of education causing the rise in crime ?Or is it the fault of the parent give your opinion.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 03:22:35 AM by carman » Logged

Lord Rogue
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 00:04:01 AM »

a combination of both, in my opinion.
UberNoob
Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 02:57:03 AM »

yeah, both.
Jeshickah
Goddess and Queen of the Damned
Private

♥Beautifully Broken♥

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 05:12:01 AM »

Both

Thank you koramae for the siggy!
iamthe
Brain Damage
Sergeant

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon!

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 05:30:47 AM »

I kinda say more on parenting. There are many well educated criminals around. Just take a look at your respective Congress/Parliaments. The difference is they don't get caught.

You raise the blade, you make the change
You rearrange them 'till I'm sane
UberNoob
Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 05:38:06 AM »

i don't think that's the kind of crime carman meant when he said "rise in crime". *wink*
and they're not all crooks anyway.
iamthe
Brain Damage
Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 06:16:37 AM »

My point is: who's primal responsibility a child's education is anyway? A person's development always begins with the parent.

UberNoob
Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 06:20:16 AM »

of course. but the parents doing their share of the upbringing doesn't guarantee that their son/daughter is going to be a good individual.
iamthe
Brain Damage
Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 06:45:54 AM »

That's why I said MORE on the parents. I did not say TOTALLY on the parents.

Lord Rogue
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 13:11:09 PM »

I agree... MORE on the parents. It is their job to put moral codes, principles, redlines and teach us self-control... when they don't do it or fail to do it...  *xxx*
maximus80
Private

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 16:18:18 PM »

i think this is a wide open subject if you look at the uk today crime is alot more present and you see it everyday
i mean laws are so more relaxed here in the uk than they used to be. i rember when i was a child i was scared of the police and the law they had alot more power back then than they do now.
but also if parents dont teach children at a young age right or wrong then they will go off the rails and see how far they can push and see what they can get away with?
the more they get away with the more they will try and do?
if they commit a small crime and dont get punished or caught they will go onto more things till they do?

carman
Lieutenant

blue death

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 00:10:59 AM »

my understanding is parents are to instill morales and education is on the goverment.for they are the ones to benefit from their knowledge but all over the world education has been cut, and since the early 80's. why not notice the decline in the education causes instability and causes poverty,and thus poverty causes more crime it is a proven fact. please dont misuderstand the parents have the responsibility to make sure there child has every oppurtunity they can get for them,and try to provide the means to get there.so it is laziness on both parts. our goverment for cutting there education and the parents for not making sure they had the means to succeed.....

Lord Rogue
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 00:42:10 AM »

you can homeschool kids if you decide on it. if you instill in them the thirst/appreciation of knowledge, you can easliy cause THEM to go and study on their own, in their own time *xxx* I know... most of my knowledge I picked up after school
Alp_Arslan2
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 07:24:01 AM »

You are all forgetting a crucial ingredient: LOVE!!!  *heart*  *heart*  *heart* Lots and lots of love from parents is IMHO the key element.
You can discipline and punish a child all you want but if it doesn't come with big bundles of tlc the child will be alienated at a young age.
Wonder what the crime rates are like in places where mothers keep their kids close, give them a kiss goodnight every night, and allow them to sleep with the parents until a later age?  One key in traditional societies is keeping children close and family bonds strong.  They may be poor but crime rate tends to be low in traditional societies.  When I was growing up we rarely if ever locked our doors at night.  The diversion of the heroin trade changed that and then came Osama and gang.  Lebanon has lots of problems but leave your wallet in a public place and you will be able to return a couple of hours later to retrieve it with money untouched!
I would still be willing to bet that crime rates are lower in less industrialized societies.  Have you asked yourself why?  If its all about education and morals and discipline and punishment and "great civilization" it should be the reverse, should it not?
The way I see it is the no. 1 problem in industrialized countries is that parents force their babies to sleep by themselves latest at 3 months!
The other problem is that parents have to head back to work very soon and are forced to leave their children with strangers all day who simply cannot compensate for the love that parents give.  (Yes, Europe has made great strides on this front bec., I suspect, of the recognition that not giving parents enough time with their young babies was damaging the growth of the baby into a healthy well-balanced child).
This is cruel and not in keeping with the love and warmth that we humans naturally need to grow and develop in a healthy balanced manner.
I mean: why do we adults crave someone to sleep with and cuddle up to at nights (or days depending upon when you sleep)?  Why should this be different for kids?  Somehow in the western countries the thinking is that one is creating a more independent child the earlier one succeeds in shoving the baby away from the parent!  *xxx*

My 2 cents!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 07:31:11 AM by Alp_Arslan2 » Logged
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 21:01:25 PM »

I may have a bit of a problem with the main burden of instilling our young with moral code being on the parents. After all, it's a very big responsibility. Now, in modern society, if I want to lead I need to be elected, if I want to start a business I need a license, but if I want to bring a new human being into the world, I don't need anything. In fact, it's generally considered an undeniable right.

Then again, control and regulation over this sort of thing could have terrible results. So, make of it what you may. I'm still uneasy with this.

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: