Imperia Online International
April 23, 2024, 13:17:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Capitulation  (Read 8773 times)
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 17:42:23 PM »

Again, what stops multiaccounters from capitulating to their own accounts?

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
Nebthe
Forum Staff

I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it!

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 22:04:02 PM »

I have an idea that perhaps dont mess up the programers. Why dont use a capitulation like a bank loan.
Say for example  player 1 capitulate from player 2. Then force player 1 to take a loan (1 for exemple) and give that money to player 2. Then player 2 gets his tribute and player 1 stays paying the loan like a normal one.
I  think maybe it works. I leave the situation where player 1 has already paying a loan to programers  *Grin*

And how about the situation when I'll create 27341 accounts to capitulate to my main account?? Who'd you leave this to?

I need a new signature, no one knows who that spanish dude is....  *Undecided*
iwk
Private

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 04:18:10 AM »

And how about the situation when I'll create 27341 accounts to capitulate to my main account?? Who'd you leave this to?

How about if there is a limitation on how many players could capitulate on 1 players ? (eg:max 3). More than 3, it won't be count. And give it a relatively low fixed cost. So there will be no benefit at all to create multi account just to capitulate. 25 Gold on the 1st month. 50 Gold in the 2nd month, 100 Gold in the 3rd month. And 150 Gold in the 4th month.

Suppose a multiaccounter will create 3 fake account, he has to keep the fake account in his x2 range to capitulate.. And for what? 450 Gold (150x3 in the 4th month) for a week ?? OMG.... In the 4th month, your wood production should be able to give you more than 5,000 Gold in 6 minutes   *hihi*

Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 04:37:54 AM »

Then it becomes insignificant again, what does that change exactly?

iwk
Private

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 09:03:07 AM »

Nothing change  *Grin*
I think this topic based on the: "we should get a benefit when we are able to make other players capitulate on us".

Hmm... if it is not Gold / resources... maybe Capitulation Points (like Military Points?) ??  *Shocked*

gugah
Private

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 05:20:06 AM »

MMMM yap
 Huh?
u are basolutelly right
The only thing i imagine right now is prevent repeated capitulation. For example i have 3 players near me, all of them capitulate from me 3 times in a row, 2 of them has more points than  me (but not a single dog to defend their self)
seems to be a dificult solution to gets everybody happy.

tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 13:03:28 PM »

i never capitulate from anybody so i am not an expert in that subject. But i know a lot of people which capitulate on first spy. *Smiley* I am not sure but isnt only posible to capitulate from 1 player at the time. So you find one frined in alliance and he atacks person who capitulate from you and you atacks persons who capitulated from him. Next week again. *Smiley* Last era i was atacking some players just to capitulate so my friend could kill them. *Smiley* And there isgood stuff for fighters also now. With university and architecture droped to only 2 % from 5 farmers will stay very long in fighters 2x and centralization price is high which will slow farmers down. *Smiley*

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
chance
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 21:02:40 PM »

when somebody is capitulating (will have white flag),  he/she must lose some points of honour.. good idea.. *wink*
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 01:18:57 AM »

So far, I haven't seen honor loss successfully balancing anything. It does stop people attacking in their far X3 many times, but that's about it. With capitulation as something that happens for a week, I don't see this making much of a difference.

Personally, I think that a player being capitulated from is entitled to receive extra resources - unfortunately cheating has made that impossible to properly implement.

chance
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2007, 15:17:30 PM »

my idea this is.. Capitulation must be about honour. first days noone care about millitary points.( all farmers on white flag about months, and they lost nothing.) so, even you recall your army, you lost one honour point.. because of you afraid.  *Embarrassed*  when some player capitulation, its mean that player afraid and punishment must be about losing honour. *bear* For example; if capitulation save you from one player for one week, you must pay it with -20 honour in every capitulation.  *sos*
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 15:20:09 PM by chance » Logged
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 18:45:50 PM »

Farmers dont care about honor decrease or increase. They dont care about military points loss because they have no military points. Thats wont make any difference. And giving resources to person from which they capitulated will lead to even more cheating. But good way to punish them would be as many people said before: Take 10 or even 15 % of their resources in week. If server handles calculations for leader and adviser bonuses, that would be no problem. And that would make them capitulate a lot less because no fighter can take 15 % of weekly production. *Smiley* *Smiley* or automaticly when person capitulate the loan is taken and he have exra gold to spend, but it will pay that double during next week and if he dont spend loan fast, people will surely atack him for that gold. *Smiley* *evil*

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
chance
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 19:06:38 PM »

Farmers dont care about honor decrease or increase. They dont care about military points loss because they have no military points. Thats wont make any difference. And giving resources to person from which they capitulated will lead to even more cheating. But good way to punish them would be as many people said before: Take 10 or even 15 % of their resources in week. If server handles calculations for leader and adviser bonuses, that would be no problem. And that would make them capitulate a lot less because no fighter can take 15 % of weekly production. *Smiley* *Smiley* or automaticly when person capitulate the loan is taken and he have exra gold to spend, but it will pay that double during next week and if he dont spend loan fast, people will surely atack him for that gold. *Smiley* *evil*

It is another great idea. *bear* ( Take 10 or even 15 % of their resources in week.) But  this rule really must change.( just lost % 10 millitary points) because noone afraid to lost millitary point first days. *Lips Sealed*  if you have 0 millitary points, you lost nothing. *pardon*
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 19:24:06 PM by chance » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: