Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 12:12:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can anyone tell about military strategy  (Read 11935 times)
cLee
Lieutenant

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 21:22:03 PM »

if my memory doesn't fails this is another of your multis KJ  *tired*

He's not KJ..  *pardon*
foolinaround
Private

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 16:53:00 PM »

the first army you should get is 1000 spearmen. it enables you to prey on empty level 1 and 2 forts ^.^ muahahhaha.
then you should set about hiring 1500 swordsmen for you to be able to kill level 3 fort with all archers inside.
Then atleast 400 cavalry to make it easier to finish off any archer garrison.
Then a few seige units. 5 - 10 rams should be good.
Then archers and forts to defend a bit.   =]   this is good because people dont like attacking players with soldiers early in the game ^^ oh, this requires for you to have a good spying level aswelll. level 5 should do for about a month.
This was the first hands-on advice I've seen, thanks...
My line of questioning is rather more basic...
- What do I need to start harassing 50p+ neighbours, in terms of minimum size for an attack to pay off (both concerning time spent building up/rebuilding the army and spoils of war)
- I'm reaching 100p, noone in the realm is yet much above 150p, so I don't expect there will be too many attackers on myself just yet
But defencing is probably something to think of too...? But not in this thread  *stop*

Now, in my realm 70 (I'm guessing v4x) everyone I believe will have built fortress level 1 with 100 archers, during the buildup phase and overseen by the advisor
--> This would mean that a spear army would not do so good on _any_ target, no?

Can I overcome a fortress level one and come out on plus with... what?
500 spears, 100 archers? 800 spears, 200 archers?
Or do I even need swords to be able to overcome a fortress with 100 archers in it?

It should be possible to plunder without having sieges to bring down a fortress,
and I am yet to figure out the least level of offense I need to get going...
Please advice!  *bravo*

Even, should I consider pillaging to just generally be a bad guy and build up fast...?
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 17:39:18 PM »

Just wait 2-3 weeks, and goldmines will start appearing ... you'll need 100 archers + 1000 swordsmen to take down fort 2 (or less) with 100 archers in it
for fort 3 with archer garrison, make it 100 archers + 1500 swordsmen.

for empty fort 3 (or less) in plains, just send in 50 archers + 1000 spearmen *Smiley*

Deus populusque
foolinaround
Private

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 22:39:38 PM »

Thanks (again) Starbuck
So, I gather pillaging is the first alternative for getting started on raids then...
Despite the lost honor?

But perhaps I should wait a while before getting at it  *hmm*
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 22:43:15 PM »

Thanks (again) Starbuck
So, I gather pillaging is the first alternative for getting started on raids then...
Despite the lost honor?

But perhaps I should wait a while before getting at it  *hmm*
depends  *freak* if you have free time and you can get army fast (3rd-4th) you can pull it off and get cent 4 really fast...but if you dont,my advice is develop eco on beginning and when you reach elites showtime  *freak*  [:-}
and most important,do go pillager if youre planning to play for serious  *freak*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 22:45:33 PM »

My own 2 cents : wait for pop pillages ... in v4a realms, you'll get Honor every day, so it's not such a big issue when pop pillaging ... but players take much less kindly a pillager than a robber (fort attack).

Also :
- when building an army, wait til you have 1000 troops before activating your troops, so you can do army saving ... if you have less, you won't be able tos end them away and will be vulnerable to army hunters.
- build a balance army or else you'll very vulnerable to smart military players *Smiley*

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 22:49:15 PM »

Kosac ... foolinaround  is playing in A v4a Realm, not a v2 ... advising pop pillaging for a rookie is dangerous. Remember that Centra 1 starts at 50k gold and that you are limited to 4x pop pillages a day.
Do you realize how much troops he'll need to pull it off til Centra 4 (2x more expensive for each new level) ?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 23:12:45 PM by Starbuck » Logged

Deus populusque
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 22:52:18 PM »

Kosac ... foolinaround  is playing in v4a Realm, not a v2 ... advising pop pillaging for a rookie is dabngerous. Remember that Centra 1 starts at 50k gold and that you are limited to 4x pop pillages a day.
Do you realize how much troops he'll need to pull it off til Centra 4 (2x more expensive for each new level) ?
its dangerous in general..for example i was studying last night and fell asleep..forgot to send armysave and voila someone is getting medal on me  *hihi*
if its v4a then its easy...farm on beginning get eco and high fort.wait for goldmines and use small army to rob them and all money on eco  *gamer*  *ok*
but i guess starbuck already pretty much advised that  head_hurts_kr

foolinaround
Private

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 09:25:53 AM »

OK, I build up some thousands of spear+archers as soon as I have the resources, stash the odd stone and gold meanwhile, and hope I stay untouched until  *black_eye*

Btw I notice some of my 50p+ neighbours have very small numbers of soldiers, like a true handful...
Suppose someone's already been paying them a visit at their forts...

Thanks for the tip on honor additions, that's another voucher for pillaging  evil3

Also - to do armysave, I gather means sending overnight for a long walk, to a defenseless target
That would require it to be a goldmine I guess, so the logical option is to have your fieldarmy retreat until they are many enough to stand ground, right?
hexx
Private

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2009, 05:55:38 AM »

even if your field army is in retreat they will stand their ground if your fortress is sieged. so better do the long walk for army saves
foolinaround
Private

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 19:21:01 PM »

even if your field army is in retreat they will stand their ground if your fortress is sieged. so better do the long walk for army saves
Got it, thanks
Will keep the remaining 750 soldiers unmobilized until I can put them all to use :-)
But I'm counting on that noone with sieges is close enough in netpoints to attack me, yet

Think I read somewhere they can never be harmed when they are not mobilized...?
Would seem interesting to await an attack and just mobilize them in time to execute an ambush hehe  *gamer*

Ok, all in all, my defensive force is enough to rob empty goldmines, that's good enough for now
Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 19:28:19 PM by foolinaround » Logged
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 22:19:34 PM »

Got it, thanks
Will keep the remaining 750 soldiers unmobilized until I can put them all to use :-)
But I'm counting on that noone with sieges is close enough in netpoints to attack me, yet

Think I read somewhere they can never be harmed when they are not mobilized...?
Would seem interesting to await an attack and just mobilize them in time to execute an ambush hehe  *gamer*

Ok, all in all, my defensive force is enough to rob empty goldmines, that's good enough for now
Thanks guys!
just be careful they will automatically mobilize when 72 hours,I think,pass and you log in  [:-}

foolinaround
Private

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2009, 15:33:38 PM »

OK I just managed my first collect round, half of first centralization gold cost for spoils
Good enough  *bravo*

Thanks for the tips on getting my first army up and running
chegewara
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2009, 02:36:02 AM »

hehehe
burn baby burn! *freak* *freak* *freak* *freak*

and do not let the fire brigade to arrive  *hahaha*
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: