Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 11:57:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding units' carrying capacity and fortress capacity in version 4  (Read 60214 times)
EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 14:01:04 PM »

I think thats not good for us... It is better that you return the old rules... no carrying capacity and no fortress capacity... It is better if you change instead of 10wood5stone2iron=5gold why do it all need to convert into gold instead of getting all the resources solid pure wood pure iron and pure stone ayt?....  evil3
swamprat
Private

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 04:13:26 AM »

wtf ...this is idiotizm.....in GIO they caried resources......and by the WAY IN GIO THE BETER THE SOLDIER THE MORE THEY CARRY.....why here bother?Huh? think of this ...you need a ton of light soldiers to carry gold...in a bit of time worthless...and the defender has lets say even fort7 full with elite arcers...who wil latack him?Huh?
THIS IS MADNESS  rant rant rant rant plz don't ruin my game.....the faze with the new alliance system...hm...nothing bad..could play with it.....
and Makatas...if you wanted these changes PLZ PUTT  THEM IN THE REALM YOU PLAY.....dont ruin the other playears game.....and if you remember ther was a qwestion in all realm , HOW OLD ARE YOu? if admins could make like this what chages do you want to the version4 realm......like 1)The new alliance system 2)the new bearing capability ...3) both ...4)none....

and all playears could vote...you will see i give say that 90% don't want the bearing capability...that would make farmers even more secured...and fightning would be forgot more and more......

Xaoc THX for the your big work....but please..before doing what tell you some admins are other IO team members..plz asck the playears who will have to live with it..if they agree or not......

who gave the ideea is 100% a farmer.....and for that person...plz go away leave the playears alone  *black_eye* *black_eye*....with your excelent ideeas *freak*  *crazy*....I DIDN'T see even 1 comment with a playear who is telling that he is happy with the new capability of soldiers........
swamprat
Private

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 04:15:43 AM »

What is GIO?  May be time to look for a new game.
Entilza
Private

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 16:42:23 PM »

I will have to disagree with my fellow players. I would say it is not a farmer rule but quite the opposite. To begin with if you are attacking with a large enough army it goes without saying that you will not have any problems. Secondly on top of your normal army you can build 50-60k light horse for carrying anything that your normal army can not carry. In my opinion the only thing that will stop with this rule is players farming gold mines with level 1 or level 2 forts using only 5-6k Swords. At the end of the day this rule will set apart the real military players from the farmers that lie to say that they are not farmers by maintaining a 20-40k army.

Good job guys I can't wait for the rule to be implemented in realm 25.
EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 19:51:48 PM »

i exactly agree with you... we will lose a lot of soldiers(they can be workers) in the battles...
so everyone has no economy if they attack on someone... 
there will be no alliance war in version 4 realms,because they have to make a lot of light soldiers and they will lose all of them in alliance war in a day...
if someone have elite soldiers before the new rules, they can kill all the players who have heavy and light soldiers because the other players will have elite soldiers at least 2 month later...( to make armor 14 )
please dont make a stupid decision!!!!!!!!! (i still think this is a joke  *xxx* )

yeah thats right dont make a stupid decision on a very good game... dont be a fool please! evil3
Kale
The JESTER
Private

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 18:25:31 PM »

well as a noob i dont really know this very well, but i do understand where the admis are coming from. but with this, i think the best solution to everyones problem would be a new unit. a donkey, it would be able to carry a lot more, and its jst for carrying the won gold. If the attacking army looses then all the donkeys are eliminated as well. maybe this is jst a stupid sugestion, but hey i think it could work...

at the very least, admins, could u give ur point and argue your side of this rule and why this rule was implemented, on a much much much more detailed explanation, as the people  agiants these new rules have given many reason, with proven calculations to back their opinions.

Common sense? Worthless things like those, I haven’t had for as long as I can remember - Kenpachi

Stand up. Face forward. Hesitate and you will die. Retreat and you will age.-Zangetsu
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2008, 04:43:07 AM »

Guys, I really don't see what all the fuss you are making is about... Carrying capacity worked very well in GIO, there was no problem with it whatsoever, people get farmed there all the time - goldmines and active players alike. Does it really seem plausible to you that 1000 swordsmen will carry back 3 million gold? Because this is what's happening in some of the realms, and if you want to bring up iron prices, did you ever consider that this is the reason Iron prices rise so high to begin with?! After all if it were just the farmers' production and army values converted occasionally into gold by raids, the price would be much, much less... I always play mixed strategy, and let me tell you, playing an era with low points and hitting on huge goldmines, only to try and burst out later in the era as warriors, is just as lame as farming an entire era and crashing a huge army in the end.

I don't think it's balanced that a player with very little army can become insanely rich in one attack. I don't think it's balanced that goldmines will endlessly produce resources that can be taken once every month with zero effort, essentially multiplying players' production a hundredfold. I don't think players should be invulnerable in wars by having only level 1 forts and suffer only a small penalty to their production than otherwise. I don't think any of this is balanced at all. These rules fix all of that, and they need to be put in to fix all of that. If you think the offered capacity is too small that is another matter, it can be argued (though at least at first glance it seems satisfactory to me). But stop dissing a new rule just because you're used to exploiting the loopholes of the old rules.

What's wrong, afraid that you would need to actually put some thought into the game instead of simply attack, convert everything to soldiers, attack again?

Mind you, if war income was added back in it would further reduce iron and wood prices to a sane level.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 04:48:14 AM by Polymeron » Logged

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
k_mihai
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 15:30:09 PM »

i think is implausible for cavalry to carry anything  *freak* usually farmers going mil bring iron prices high
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 15:54:50 PM »

This rule looks interesting and i like it.  *ok*
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 15:56:59 PM by reni » Logged
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 19:26:33 PM »

I doubt it mihai, they can afford to build mines, and when the price is up they'll do it for the added value.

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 20:15:06 PM »

I doubt it mihai, they can afford to build mines, and when the price is up they'll do it for the added value.

Then they should pay VAT  *freak*
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 20:15:20 PM by reni » Logged
groll
Sergeant

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2008, 18:18:59 PM »

http://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=3445.msg31417#msg31417

Units continue to steal resources in gold equivalent but have maximum bearing capacity now. Light units are able to bear bigger loads because their armor is lighter while elite units can't carry that much because of their own heavy armament. Horsemen carry more than any other unit since they have four-legged helper. *Smiley*

Fortress capacity is calculated for each resource separately. Province with fortress lvl 1 can hold maximum of 10 000 wood, 10 000 iron, 10 000 stone and 10 000 gold. If some resource reaches the limit its production is ceased, however resources transported from other provinces or gained by attacking will BE STORED and WON'T DISAPPEAR. In other words a province with lvl 1 fortress can hold 1mil. resource as well but that resource must come from other provinces or from attacking.

I got a fort 2 should have a limit of 25000 I actually have 25715 wood and still producing, I have not trade, buy or attack(still under 50 points in realm 8) only take the bonus yesterday around 19000 wood. Is this limit really enforced and how.

I also have a question what is the capacity for a fort 0?
hUpS
Private

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2008, 18:53:03 PM »

OOO man....then we must build more light armies to take more gold....something is not good....think for a better solution....I think rams, catapult and trebuchets can carry gold....create a new unit for carrying gold. *hmm*
olsi
Lieutenant

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2008, 21:35:26 PM »

So if a goldmine is holding $200,000 and you send 1000swords, you'd only come away with $25,000, and the $175,000 remains in the province or gets lost in transit?

This is a bit like defeating the purpose *Angry*. And then in the higher levels 1000guards can only carry $15,000. How tedious.

Yes very well. So if you are really pwerfull (you have a bigger army) you deserve to take more gold You have a higher upkeep also. So nearby rivals do not take away gold from goldcoins so easily.
killer3657
Private

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2008, 13:48:36 PM »

go tohttp://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=9509.msg78344#msg78344 and join world war 3!

vote for your country to win!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: