Imperia Online International
April 16, 2024, 18:28:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding units' carrying capacity and fortress capacity in version 4  (Read 60044 times)
Krum
Community Manager

« on: March 27, 2008, 17:02:55 PM »

http://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=3445.msg31417#msg31417

Units continue to steal resources in gold equivalent but have maximum bearing capacity now. Light units are able to bear bigger loads because their armor is lighter while elite units can't carry that much because of their own heavy armament. Horsemen carry more than any other unit since they have four-legged helper. *Smiley*

Fortress capacity is calculated for each resource separately. Province with fortress lvl 1 can hold maximum of 10 000 wood, 10 000 iron, 10 000 stone and 10 000 gold. If some resource reaches the limit its production is ceased, however resources transported from other provinces or gained by attacking will BE STORED and WON'T DISAPPEAR. In other words a province with lvl 1 fortress can hold 1mil. resource as well but that resource must come from other provinces or from attacking.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 21:42:33 PM by Jane_Air » Logged
Iris
Private

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 23:24:28 PM »

So if a goldmine is holding $200,000 and you send 1000swords, you'd only come away with $25,000, and the $175,000 remains in the province or gets lost in transit?

This is a bit like defeating the purpose *Angry*. And then in the higher levels 1000guards can only carry $15,000. How tedious.

World's Fattest Cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li8On8B1z3U

Cruel or Funny?
That Guy
... is one tough Hombre
Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 08:26:38 AM »

Let's say I have a level 1 fortress with 10,000 iron and 10,000 stone stored.  Assuming base trade prices, if I sell off the iron for 25,000 gold and try to use it to buy 25,000 more stone, what will happen?  Do I then get to hold 35,000 stone or will the purchase not go through?  Also, how will I know I'm at a limit?  Will there be a stat showing what resources came from production and how much came from other sources?  If not, I would never know I'd stopped producing.  If I have stopped producing at say 10,000 wood but have another 10,000 wood in the fortress from sieges, can I ship, spend, or trade just the production wood so that I can produce again? 

Depending on the answers to those questions, here's the worst part I see right now about the new rules.  With the new carrying capacity of the soldiers, I would need to send 10,000 light spearmen to bring back 300,000 in gold which would currently only buy me 35,000 iron (includes 15% commission so higher trade could buy me a little more).  Assuming I actually fight an opposing army, I might need double that many spears to cover for losses.  Since hiring 10,000 spearmen costs 90,000 iron and battles mean lost soldiers, I would essentially lose tons of money every time I went to war even if I won every time.  The only way around this would be attacking goldmines or the tiny group of players who might leave a bunch of resources in a completely undefended fort.  So, if it's a financial waste to go to battle against a remotely worthy opponent, what's the point of playing?  The math seems to support this concern.
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 08:36:52 AM »

+ k for that, they should give units a little bit more carrying cap or make a carrying unit, dunno a unit that can carry rse and a research to make it carry more.

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
stud
proud leader of PREDATORS
Colonel

yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawww

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 12:57:16 PM »

or just a tremendous increase of farmers *xxx*

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say are you going to drink that? *beer*
sheker
Private

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 01:45:55 AM »

when will this rules be active??  do we have enough time to make fortress level higher or to make soldiers( light) ??
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 02:01:38 AM »

just for realms 32 to 38 or 31 to 38, dont remember it very well

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
DD
Private

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 15:53:13 PM »

I guess this makes it easier to afford high level upgrades, since the defender dont lose all resources after a succesfull siege?  I think the carrying capacity would be ok if units could carry raw resources, instead of gold only.  Considering how long the new realms will last, gold will be worthless after a while, and that would make attacking very uninteresting.
stud
proud leader of PREDATORS
Colonel

yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawww

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 16:01:30 PM »

i think that the defender will lose everything, but the attacker will only receive a part of the gold amount... and i must agree that it would be great if we could get “raw” resources instead gold, 'cause late 100k iron will be worth much more than 250k gold

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say are you going to drink that? *beer*
k_mihai
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 17:28:43 PM »

i saw the concept in GIO. is ok, but one must be aware that in 8 months realms, prices are very low. the booty is increased, but not as much as it may appear. also, people will store a lot of wood, to appear not attractive *Grin*
sheker
Private

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 18:47:57 PM »

just for realms 32 to 38 or 31 to 38, dont remember it very well
i am in realm 25... will this rule be not active ?? (realm 25 is version 4)
Arutha
Without Equal
Lieutenant

"Veni, vidi, vici" I came, I saw, I conquered!

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 17:28:48 PM »

honestly i think it is a stupid idea having a carrying capacity for units and a storage capacity for forts.  how are we expected to get armor 14 (to get paladins) with this rule?  even a lvl 7 fort would need to have a capacity of over 1.5 million.  and how many successful attacks would be needed to get the roughly 13mil gold required for armor 14?  1,000 attacks? 2,000?  if you think about the fact that by the time people are getting elite iron prices are almost at 7 (instead of the usual 2.5) and you need base price of 1.5 million iron (roughly) so thats around 10.5 million gold.  i cant remember the amount of gold you need as well.... something like 2.5 million gold too.  so thats 13 million gold required to get paladins.  as i said before IMPOSSIBLE IF WE HAVE A CARRYING CAPACITY!!
DarkSoul
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will fight without danger in battles. If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose. If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yours
Captain

I hate you all!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 18:39:04 PM »

wtf ...this is idiotizm.....in GIO they caried resources......and by the WAY IN GIO THE BETER THE SOLDIER THE MORE THEY CARRY.....why here bother?Huh? think of this ...you need a ton of light soldiers to carry gold...in a bit of time worthless...and the defender has lets say even fort7 full with elite arcers...who wil latack him?Huh?
THIS IS MADNESS  rant rant rant rant plz don't ruin my game.....the faze with the new alliance system...hm...nothing bad..could play with it.....
and Makatas...if you wanted these changes PLZ PUTT  THEM IN THE REALM YOU PLAY.....dont ruin the other playears game.....and if you remember ther was a qwestion in all realm , HOW OLD ARE YOu? if admins could make like this what chages do you want to the version4 realm......like 1)The new alliance system 2)the new bearing capability ...3) both ...4)none....

and all playears could vote...you will see i give say that 90% don't want the bearing capability...that would make farmers even more secured...and fightning would be forgot more and more......

Xaoc THX for the your big work....but please..before doing what tell you some admins are other IO team members..plz asck the playears who will have to live with it..if they agree or not......

who gave the ideea is 100% a farmer.....and for that person...plz go away leave the playears alone  *black_eye* *black_eye*....with your excelent ideeas *freak*  *crazy*....I DIDN'T see even 1 comment with a playear who is telling that he is happy with the new capability of soldiers........

sheker
Private

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 11:22:10 AM »

i exactly agree with you... we will lose a lot of soldiers(they can be workers) in the battles...
so everyone has no economy if they attack on someone... 
there will be no alliance war in version 4 realms,because they have to make a lot of light soldiers and they will lose all of them in alliance war in a day...
if someone have elite soldiers before the new rules, they can kill all the players who have heavy and light soldiers because the other players will have elite soldiers at least 2 month later...( to make armor 14 )
please dont make a stupid decision!!!!!!!!! (i still think this is a joke  *xxx* )
k_mihai
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 19:46:56 PM »

*Grin* well, there are many realm and if they keep them different, is ok, just play in a different room.

btw, is not logical for a horsemen to have the biggest transport capacity. i mean, have u seen a knight, there is barely a room for him and his weapons (they have war horses, not donkeys). especially for pals, they souldn`t be carrying anything, since, with their strongest armor, if u add cargo, the horses will die... 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: