Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 17:22:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Production in mountains and other  (Read 3551 times)
dengo
Private

« on: September 15, 2007, 01:31:52 AM »

Let me put it in numbers:

Province: Mountains, production 100%

Lumbermill - 1000 Workers produce 155 wood x 0,91 Gold (current price) = 141,05 gold
Iron mine  - 1000 Workers produce   37 iron   x 3,13 Gold (current price) = 115,81 gold
Stone m.  - 1000 Workers produce   93 stone x 1,03 Gold (current price) =  95,79 gold

In mountains iron and stone production should be 120% (or should I say 20% bigger)

That means that it's better to produce wood in ALL provinces and nothing else if you
need gold. Right? Of course if you sell wood to buy iron you loose money if you
have low trade level....
k_mihai
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 01:38:37 AM »

U should take into account the trade level, and the fact that prices changes, iron going up to 12 gold per unit at the end of an era.
Nebthe
Forum Staff

I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it!

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 01:40:24 AM »

It depends on the fluctuation of the market. If you want to see the general profit for mountains use GE values (10 wood = 2 iron = 5 stone = gold).

For your example, you're right: it is better to produce and sell wood if you want the gold. But you gotta keep an eye on that market, the price for iron will rise constantly (unless you're in a realm with no online status, where prices tend to stabilize at low values  *sos*) while wood will remain ~1 gold, or even drop to its minimum...  *Lips Sealed*  At least I think it will be that way....  *freak*

I need a new signature, no one knows who that spanish dude is....  *Undecided*
Leila
Wicked Fairy
Lieutenant

Fire & Blood!

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 01:57:57 AM »

Of course if a lot of people relocate their workforce to produce only one resource (because it's current price is high enough to be profitable to sell it for gold and then buy the other resources, which is possible, especially with lvl.6 trade) and start to sell it excessively it's price will drop and the balance will be restored. In realms without enough big farmers the prices tend to grow drastically even in the early stages due to high demand from military active players which flood the market with gold, but in farmer dominated realms the prices are usually at their lowest values or near their nominal value, only increasing in the last month or two, most notably the price of iron due to increased army recruiting and less investments in buildings/researches.
The best thing one can do is to keep an eye on the prices and produce the most expensive resource (if it's price is high enough to compensate the market comission; with respect to terrain production bonuses) with as many workers as possible, while buying the rest for gold (which is obtained either via battles or by selling the produced resource) . Of course high trade level is a must.

In the given example wood is most profitable to produce...for now

I am the storm I am the wonder
And the flashlights nightmares
And sudden explosions...

I don't know what more to ask for
I was given just one wish
Nebthe
Forum Staff

I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it!

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 14:41:07 PM »

Of course if a lot of people relocate their workforce to produce only one resource (because it's current price is high enough to be profitable to sell it for gold and then buy the other resources, which is possible, especially with lvl.6 trade) and start to sell it excessively it's price will drop and the balance will be restored. In realms without enough big farmers the prices tend to grow drastically even in the early stages due to high demand from military active players which flood the market with gold, but in farmer dominated realms the prices are usually at their lowest values or near their nominal value, only increasing in the last month or two, most notably the price of iron due to increased army recruiting and less investments in buildings/researches.
The best thing one can do is to keep an eye on the prices and produce the most expensive resource (if it's price is high enough to compensate the market comission; with respect to terrain production bonuses) with as many workers as possible, while buying the rest for gold (which is obtained either via battles or by selling the produced resource) . Of course high trade level is a must.

In the given example wood is most profitable to produce...for now

*ok*

I need a new signature, no one knows who that spanish dude is....  *Undecided*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: