Imperia Online International
April 16, 2024, 12:35:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: noob honor mistake  (Read 2476 times)
alpha_man
Sergeant

« on: March 14, 2008, 03:35:54 AM »

I was looking at the x3 players, for some time to see who may be moving up worth attacking. Being a noob, I clicked on spy and found someone worth attacking. forgetting I was in x3.....I clicked on attack with no "by the way are you sure you want to attack this player as you will loose -5 honor...you noob?!?!

So I recalled the army thinking that if I did not attack I would not loose -5 honor and only loose -1 for the recall....

instead I lost -5 honor and the army came back with nothing.

Is this a bug or I just truly could not have have screwed it up better? wall

what is the best way to select a player to attack to bring my honor back up?

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 03:36:49 AM by alpha_man » Logged
makavelis
Major

Prince Makaveli

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 06:20:13 AM »

well if you want to win some honor you have to kill some soldiers in some attacks....you have to lose at least 5% of your army to win honor  *bear*

Oxygen
Aspects Of A Skewer.
Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 07:24:30 AM »

that is not a bug, as you will lose honor whenever you send your army off, not when you attack.
however, successful pillage will make you lose honor during attack.
attack those players with huge armies that you can crush with some difficulties to bring your honor up real fast.

Do you like my signature?
alpha_man
Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 15:38:40 PM »

well if you want to win some honor you have to kill some soldiers in some attacks....you have to lose at least 5% of your army to win honor  *bear*

that was my understanding. However, my first battle, I lost 158 spearman with an army of 1100. 10% would be 110 soldiers....I lost more but did not receive any honor. I did have another 220 in the garrison. So is the percentage based on the "entire" army or just the army in battle?

thanks to everyone for the ideas. It appears I need to seige to "redeem" myself. hmmm
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 15:39:41 PM by alpha_man » Logged
nicklas
Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 15:58:52 PM »

that was my understanding. However, my first battle, I lost 158 spearman with an army of 1100. 10% would be 110 soldiers....I lost more but did not receive any honor. I did have another 220 in the garrison. So is the percentage based on the "entire" army or just the army in battle?

thanks to everyone for the ideas. It appears I need to seige to "redeem" myself. hmmm

u won that battle? cuz victims wont count for shit (meet the spartans *Grin* ) if u lose
alpha_man
Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 17:21:23 PM »

u won that battle? cuz victims wont count for shit (meet the spartans *Grin* ) if u lose

Yes. I won the battle and lost over 10%. After reviewing the battle report again, I think my army was too large to receive the honor point.
storpy
Private

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 06:33:53 AM »

Here's the tip to help out for attacks and preventing the honor loss....   If you attack from a Spy report, there will be NO warning if you launch the attack (until you get the little summary report that tells you that you lost honor points).  However, if you attack from the ATTACK menu, type in the name of the person you are attacking, just wait a few seconds and it will show you the potential honor loss.  You can then decide whether or not to attack. 

Launching an attack from the SPY report has killed my honor several times.  They should give you the warning or let you recall in the first minute to restore the honor.
makavelis
Major

Prince Makaveli

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 07:47:24 AM »

or if you type the players name in the attack menu press ctrl ... and in this way you'll be sure if you'll lose honor or not  *ok*

alpha_man
Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 15:04:43 PM »

Thanks! I would have never known.
alpha_man
Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 01:57:43 AM »

or if you type the players name in the attack menu press ctrl ... and in this way you'll be sure if you'll lose honor or not  *ok*

My latest addition to dumb noob negative honor....I run the calcs to seige and everything is fine. Howoever, I hired more soldiers a few minutes before I sent the army so that my garrison would not be empty....which just happened to push me a few soldiers out of x2. When I attack, I get negative honor...but also lowers morale so that I would go below 50 morale and flee. Fortunately I recalled the army, but I got over -10 honor and nothing to show for it. At lease I did not loose my army.

So my advice to others noobs....run your seige calculation with 85 morale if you plan on attacking x3 and make sure when you attack you will have 100 morale.
makavelis
Major

Prince Makaveli

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 06:46:08 AM »

my advice for you .... first send the army and then hire soldiers  *ok*

alpha_man
Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 18:40:52 PM »

my advice for you .... first send the army and then hire soldiers  *ok*

Unfortunately I figured it out the hard way. It is a comedy of errors that comes with learning how the game works.

thanks for the advice.
makavelis
Major

Prince Makaveli

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 18:43:47 PM »

don't worry ... i learned how to play the game form mistakes too  *freak* *freak* *freak*

AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 20:49:06 PM »

The same case was with my friend. He attack a player, that has 2.5 MORE points. So my friend was 2000pts, opponent - 5500pts or smthing else. My friend LOOSE 14pts *sad*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: