Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 01:25:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another n00b question...IN or OUT of the Fortress?  (Read 3435 times)
Wraith
Private

« on: March 15, 2008, 22:59:33 PM »

So I got owned this morning with over 3000 troops against about 10k. I'm thinking this was because for lvl 4 Fortress wasn't used. Of course it was left in ruins so I'm wondering if I would have faired better had I left my little dudes in their bunkers.

The question of course is this...

Is it better to leave an army in the fortress when being attacked or try and confront them on the grounds?
stud
proud leader of PREDATORS
Colonel

yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawww

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 23:38:52 PM »

put archers inside the fort, and the rest outside

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say are you going to drink that? *beer*
lionheart
Lieutenant

Go ahead punk, make my day

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 16:00:28 PM »

Sometimes you get a better result if you leave some of your cavalry or swords in the fort with your archers, if you can. This leaves a little reserve which can give a nasty shock and lower the enemy's morale even more, after it has dropped during the siege.

Experiment with the calculator to see what works best, but as stud says archers belong in the fort and not outside.

EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 20:25:35 PM »

So I got owned this morning with over 3000 troops against about 10k. I'm thinking this was because for lvl 4 Fortress wasn't used. Of course it was left in ruins so I'm wondering if I would have faired better had I left my little dudes in their bunkers.

The question of course is this...

Is it better to leave an army in the fortress when being attacked or try and confront them on the grounds?
yeah thats right put all your archers on the fortress if there are more space put some cavalry on it and the rest outside so if the enemy walks in to the field then their moral decreases then if sieging your walls letting also moral decrease on them and after the walls fall then the archers and some cavalry would fight another decrease in moral... if you do that there is a possible at least 10-15% chance you can win and the attacker would flee because of low moral... even though your walls are down at least you protect your resources from invaders....  hooray
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 14:07:34 PM »

Sometimes you get a better result if you leave some of your cavalry or swords in the fort with your archers, if you can. This leaves a little reserve which can give a nasty shock and lower the enemy's morale even more, after it has dropped during the siege.

Experiment with the calculator to see what works best, but as stud says archers belong in the fort and not outside.
well,old tactic...2/3 units inside fort are archers and rest cavalry

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: