Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 13:57:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fortify or colonize?  (Read 6446 times)
lionheart
Lieutenant

Go ahead punk, make my day

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 03:35:44 AM »

This is real nice =)

I'm loving listening to these opinions.  I tried to get a strategy convo going in chat but folk there weren't too interested, so thanks for taking the time!  What you're saying makes sense. I guess I'm just being a girlie about wanting the lvl 6 fort. At the moment it's like a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes - expensive and very tempting, but ultimately I know I should walk on by and get me 4 pairs from Office instead ...

I'm considering signing up for a different realm and trying the all out attack attack attack approach!

Wow...someone who wears Jimmy Choos on here....playing IO!!  *Shocked* 

dinnu
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 04:54:26 AM »

it was a metaphora  *hmm*
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:54:40 AM by dinnu » Logged
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 11:13:47 AM »

As a rule, never stock ressources you can't defend.
And to know whether or not you can defend it, then compare you forces to your 100+ closest neighbours.
If there are more than 5 players whose individual forces outnumbers yours by 3 to 1, then you suck in defense. they'll just use you as a golden kettle  *hahaha*

looking to box a prov before saving for fort 6 is usually a good strategy, but I never box a prov in plain .... better still, playing a low point strategy with no colonization until 1000 pts inthat case.

usually in vers 4 or long-realms vers 3, you'll develop colonization and fort levels in lockstep :

fort 3 on your prov 8
if lucky, you'll colonize a close mountain prov (if not close, then it'll take longer, but that's it)
fort 3 or better, fort 4, in your mountain prov
boxing the mountain prov (3 to 4 colonization), with likely upgrade to fort 5 in mountain prov in-between
fort 3 for secondary provinces (for easy prod bonus), but no more
once the mountain province is boxed, you'll do a lot more researches to bring down the construction costs for fort 6 (university, architecture, military architecture) if you are in military mode, but also the costs of producting/gathering those ressources (bureaucracy, commerce) if you are in economy mode

In any case, you shouldn't have more than 7k-8k points when you start fort 6 and still have a very decent defensive army ...

But well, that is if you play defensive.
Perso, I prefer to stay on the offense as a mean to both gather the needed ressources and deny any cheap greedy ideas to my most immediate neighbours ...  *hahaha*  hooray

I miss my +Karma button *sad*

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
Jean_Brodie
Private

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 18:14:36 PM »

Hehehe - oh believe me - if I could afford 'em, I'd be wearing 'em. Might make riding into battle a bit more difficult, but style is everything!
lionheart
Lieutenant

Go ahead punk, make my day

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 18:24:23 PM »

Hehehe - oh believe me - if I could afford 'em, I'd be wearing 'em. Might make riding into battle a bit more difficult, but style is everything!

Hmm... hmmm style is meaningful only when backed up by a decent persona, a lack of which cannot be made up for with style alone...personally I find jimmies a little pretentious, in a kind of 'ooh look at me aren't I so cool?' kinda way.  *freak*

Jean_Brodie
Private

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 05:02:13 AM »

Hehehe, ah there we must agree to disagree!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: