Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 00:24:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic  (Read 42852 times)
Lord Rogue
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 16:23:30 PM »

You should see what Poly does in HOMM... I didn't even know that you can Micromanage in it... but obviously you can... not to mention... Poly is the greatest map designer I've had a chance to meet...

Poly, tell 'em about the 3rd Continent for HOMM III
Q-bura
Lieutenant

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 16:42:09 PM »

I have at home some unbelievable screenshots  *Grin* ...will post them later  *freak* with Equilibris patch comes random map generator and it is much easier to create custom maps, generator do the dirty (boring) work and then you micromanage  the rest *dance* but generator doesn't make lower/higher terain so I must do it by myself, but nevermind, it is still great fun  *ok* btw, there is also tool for balancing map/creatures/artifacts/etc... so fun is endless  *xxx* *xxx* *xxx*
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 16:43:22 PM by Q-bura » Logged

cyclops
Private

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 19:42:14 PM »

Heroes 4 is my favorite and together with Heroes 3 I have literally played it for hundreds of hours. I want to try Heroes 5 but my computer isnt up to it. For those who have played it how is it compared to 3 and 4?

All people in this forum make us happy.
Some by logging in and some by logging out!!!
Lord Rogue
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 19:49:33 PM »

Well... it depends on personal opinion... those who prefered HOMM IV to HOMM III, reviled HOMM V

On the contrary, those who liked HOMM III better than HOMM IV, liked HOMM V

It is more like HOMM III than HOMM IV in most parts :-\
radamant
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 16:20:23 PM »

*Grin* So, so...  *Angry* He is greater farmer  *Grin*

Tell the truth now, don`t be shy...  *freak*
Q-bura
Lieutenant

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 15:54:30 PM »

Tell the truth now, don`t be shy...  *freak*

*Grin* Everything is said in last night's C&C3 report-after-battle: "Radamant's favorite unit: harvester"   *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*

Lord Rogue
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 16:22:39 PM »

*Grin* Everything is said in last night's C&C3 report-after-battle: "Radamant's favorite unit: harvester"   *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*

k_mihai
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 16:54:31 PM »

how many did he had?
radamant
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 19:26:25 PM »

*Smiley*
Q-bura
Lieutenant

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007, 13:09:14 PM »

how many did he had?

Didn't count, but very much  *Shocked* tactics for that match was "cut off opponents tyberium harvest" so he made them zounds!  *Grin*

k_mihai
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 13:26:43 PM »

i like this tactic a lot in C&C class of games  *bear*
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 19:42:03 PM »

I like both Heroes III and Heroes IV very much. Heroes III is balanced better... And it used lessons from the first two games to achieve a very good setup. Also the map editor is very good. Heroes IV... Is something special. It took a brave step back to the sources, bringing back some of the simple sense of wonder from Heroes I and II without the sucky graphics and arbitrary randomness. Its advancement pacing is better, too. And castle versatility should have been introduced ages ago. That said, it was released without fixing lots of bugs and inconveniences. Some things aren't balanced well. Some concepts weren't properly developed. So it's a fun game, if a little unripe.

I've worked for over a year on a two-layer, Large map for Heroes III. It has six players, with two allies versions, and the exploration possibilities are staggering. The result, if I do say so myself, was a very good map. If anyone is interested, I could send it to them  *rose*

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
Lembitu
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 21:18:30 PM »

When I play HOMAM I fight battles only with my leader.  Theres no army that can beat my leader.
Q-bura
Lieutenant

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 15:33:13 PM »

When I play HOMAM I fight battles only with my leader.  Theres no army that can beat my leader.

*Shocked* Give screenshot of your "leader's" statistics!

KOPSi
Translators

SpAmMz TeAm K&K

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 16:00:40 PM »

My opinion is that HOMM V is better than all others...Main thing what get HOMM V better than other is graphic , units look , battles , look of field in battles , heroes balance ...and some new options...etc

What in HOMM V sux comparing to II III IV is a storyline....
Old (II III IV) parts heave 10x times better story and introspection than HOMM V

But if we forget about that , single maps for lan , online or network.... Rock comparing to old parts of HOMM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: