Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 00:00:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic  (Read 42850 times)
Q-bura
Lieutenant

« on: September 13, 2007, 12:23:30 PM »

Heroes of Might&Magic is probably best game ever, especially 4th part, they consumed many days and nights of my life, and I am still playing it  *sos*
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 13:24:38 PM by Q-bura » Logged

k_mihai
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 12:26:36 PM »

it`s a good game, but i like Heroes III even more. I just bought the complete series III+IV  *bear*
Q-bura
Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 12:45:31 PM »

Find Equilibris patch for HOMM4 it is "Final solution" for 4th part of the game, fixes all and brings more balance  *ok*

Lord Rogue
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 12:59:51 PM »

maybe one of the mods could split it
Nebthe
Forum Staff

I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it!

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 13:08:09 PM »

Done! Kind of wrong split though, noticed too late...  *freak*

I need a new signature, no one knows who that spanish dude is....  *Undecided*
zetruc
Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 14:41:11 PM »

it`s a good game, but i like Heroes III even more. I just bought the complete series III+IV  *bear*

so do I : HOMM III, but also because my PC is too weak for playing the IV  *Embarrassed*
addons are also great

but in another style, do you know Cossaks, and its successor Napoleon?
Really splendid!
k_mihai
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 14:49:17 PM »

Find Equilibris patch for HOMM4 it is "Final solution" for 4th part of the game, fixes all and brings more balance 

thx! i`ll look for it  *bear*

but in another style, do you know Cossaks, and its successor Napoleon?
Really splendid!

it`s a very nice game, more realistic than others
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 14:55:46 PM »

I agree that HOMM is one of the best games... I like a bit more Heroes 3 than Heroes 4, but Heroes III WoG (Wake of Gods) is much better than simple Heroes III

I am the one and only!
Lord Rogue
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 15:27:27 PM »

Hmmm I liked Heroes IV more. HOMM III was too much "uber-upgraded-everything". Every creature got upgrades and stuff. too much, IMO... you ended up with thousands of every creature.... it quickly turned from tactics to who's got the more forces.... tactical finesse and use of magic was secondary to having great forces... :-\

in HOMM IV having a good hero, having good spells to cast... good items.. and a good tactical plan... makes a huge difference....  and I like that...
k_mihai
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 15:29:51 PM »

Well, no only numbers. If one had armagedon balde and the artifact who protectd against spell, doom followed  *Grin*
Lord Rogue
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 15:32:14 PM »

And then Sword of Frost and Armageddon's Blade clashed...

no. that's still BRUTE FORCE. THe UBER spell... the UBER weapon... the UBER creature (liked that souped-up Megadragon from the HOMM IV expansions).... it SUCKED big time... it was all about who is MORE UBER...

besides... did you know that Master Gremlins were weaker than Gremlins? GEEZ you upgraded a creature and it became less effective!!!!
k_mihai
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 15:45:23 PM »

besides... did you know that Master Gremlins were weaker than Gremlins? GEEZ you upgraded a creature and it became less effective!!!!

yes, i remember that, strange indeed.

well, about the strategy vs brute force (aka warriors vs farmers), it depended a lot on the conditions of play. I usualy like to start with an early force, 1-2 weeks army, conquer 3-4 castle and win before the enemy had a chance of developing. In multiplayer, it was different, we had couple of hours for development, and then fights, there it was more like brute force, and nights spent on the game. 
Q-bura
Lieutenant

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 15:49:24 PM »

Me and Radamant still plays HOMM4 in LAN!  *ok*

Lord Rogue
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 15:58:15 PM »

Me and Radamant still plays HOMM4 in LAN!  *ok*

Who's better? *wink*
Q-bura
Lieutenant

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 16:21:03 PM »

*Grin* So, so...  *Angry* He is greater farmer  *Grin* ...btw we are playing epic maps for longer periods on champion skill, and usually if we play without computer opponents we are avoiding conflicts untill reaching super high hero-levels and gathering GREAT armies, and then,..... *Grin* *Grin* *Grin*  *Angry* *Angry* *Angry* ....It isn't always greater army that wins the map.... *wink*
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 16:26:59 PM by Q-bura » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: