Imperia Online International
April 25, 2024, 02:42:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: force composition  (Read 7261 times)
cihlar
Private

« on: September 13, 2007, 02:33:28 AM »

I am just starting out, but it seems to me that the best composition (assuming the guy you want to attack doesn't have all archers and/or spearmen) is one that is more or less balance.

for my first round of raids i did 300 archers, 300 swords, 200 spear, 200 cav, and 5 battering rams (all light units).

i know it will be different depending on what the enemy has, but my main question is that enough siege weaponry and cavalry? and does this change as you get to more advanced units?
guimassaro
Lieutenant

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 05:22:35 AM »

I guess that cavalry and siege weapons is never enough. They are the most expensive and take a long time to be ready, but siege garants to break walls more sowrdman and the horsemans have small losses after battle, as long as you don't confront many spearman.
cihlar
Private

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 06:28:55 AM »

hmm, i just lost to the same guy twice trying to take his unoccupied level 4 fortress with 5 rams and the composition listed above. i know that lvl 4 is supposed to be taken with heavy units from the manual, but it seems that since he has 0 soldiers vs my 1000 that shouldn't be an issue.

anyone care to educate me here? i am done attacking that guy for now anyways but still.....
guimassaro
Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 07:02:22 AM »

Your 5 rams do 10.000 damage per round. Plus, your swordman do another 6.000 and the spearman more 2.000. That is 18.000 damage to the wall for round (remember that I'm not counting with the Range and Meele researchs, that incrase this numbers, and the rams start atacking after the 3rd round).
The forte level 4 has 576.000 HP (not counting the fortification level), so, with this army, you need 32 round to destroy the fortrees. If you also remember that your army looses 4 morale per round, you will never destroy this fort with this army.
To take a forte 4 with regular soldiers, you'll need a loooooot of them, including outnumbers rams.
Answering your other question, this happends the same with unitis in other levels. Is not easy to take a fort level 7 in an walled mountain. But I agree with you that an army shoul've a balanced composition. And if you put a lot of spearman, they help damaging the fortress and they put the cavalry in the flanc, wich means an atack bonus!
I hope I answered your doubts now *Smiley*
Q-bura
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:21:23 AM »

Download Battle calculator (it's free) and do some hypothetical battles... *Angry*

cihlar
Private

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 01:18:06 AM »

i think i understand now guys, thanks a lot.

that battle calculator thing might have helped, didn't know about it before. thanks again!
Q-bura
Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 19:22:46 PM »

i think i understand now guys, thanks a lot.

that battle calculator thing might have helped, didn't know about it before. thanks again!

It will help a LOT!  *Lips Sealed*

citral
Captain

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 00:18:59 AM »

It will help a LOT!  *Lips Sealed*
lol, I almost NEVER attack (except empty forts untill lvl 3), without first simulating the battle on the calculator!!
Revelation
Major

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 17:59:12 PM »

To make the story short. It is almost impossible to take down a level 4 fort with a few handfuls of battering ram. Even 50 is not enough, especially if the fort is fully garrisoned with swords and archers.

IGNORANCE OF THE LAW EXCUSES NO ONE. (I hate myself for being ignorant)
Q-bura
Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 17:15:02 PM »

Download Battle calculator (it's free) and do some hypothetical battles... *Angry*

try 1000 spears against 1000 horses  *Grin*  then add some archers to horses  *freak*  etc.....  *Angry* *Angry* *Angry*

Revelation
Major

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 17:25:24 PM »

hahaha... Don't forget the terain. Even spears can loose if the cavalry is in an advantage and highly upgraded armor.  *Tongue*

Q-bura
Lieutenant

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 17:31:33 PM »

Battle model is amazing, especialy with "companies" concept  *ok*

Revelation
Major

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 17:38:26 PM »

strategy is also needed.  *Smiley*

KnightFall
Sergeant

Knights will fall

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 17:56:27 PM »

I am just starting out, but it seems to me that the best composition (assuming the guy you want to attack doesn't have all archers and/or spearmen) is one that is more or less balance.

for my first round of raids i did 300 archers, 300 swords, 200 spear, 200 cav, and 5 battering rams (all light units).

i know it will be different depending on what the enemy has, but my main question is that enough siege weaponry and cavalry? and does this change as you get to more advanced units?

wait... I suggest u make many swords or spears for the cavalry.... so the cavalry would fight in the flanks...  *pardon*

citral
Captain

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 19:35:37 PM »

I guess that cavalry and siege weapons is never enough. They are the most expensive and take a long time to be ready, but siege garants to break walls more sowrdman and the horsemans have small losses after battle, as long as you don't confront many spearman.
If u do confront many spears, bring even more archers, pref elites!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: