Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 01:47:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Report mistakes and errors in texts  (Read 26865 times)
Krum
Community Manager

« on: February 20, 2008, 18:24:11 PM »

The idea of this topic it to report spelling mistakes and descriptive errors in IO ingame texts and manuals.

Example:

In menu Х->У->something
something needs to be replaced by whatever

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 20:59:58 PM by Krum » Logged
MorTBid
Syko Warrior
Private

Always be yourself....Never be under control...

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 19:23:46 PM »

In menu -> Training  ->  Soldiers ->  8 часа

?  ?  часа  ?  ? 

I am no *freak* but i don't even know what is this language, so i can't even translate it...  *Smiley*

AlwAy'S bE yUr SeLf...

NEveR sTaY unDEr C0ntR0L...
k_mihai
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 21:01:55 PM »

it's bulgarian (like the whole game)

“8 часа” = “8 sata” which means “8 hours” *Smiley*

that i figured it out *Grin*

oki, when one sends a mass message, the end text is in bulgarian, instead of english
Desent
Private

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 22:20:14 PM »

the game's got problems with lots of characters (I'm getting lot's of ?s and some of the texts don't make sense without the extra characters.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 22:20:37 PM by Desent » Logged
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 01:24:36 AM »

I've been told that the translation's almost finished..

So i guess it means that in no long, there will be no more little mistakes like those...

the translation of the manuel in french is almost finshed thx to Domci, but the in-game mistakes are still numerous.
for exemple, when you unload your depots, here is the text : "Товарът е разтоварен успешно. " that's no french or english ... the Alliance menu is complete with Bulgarian (or so I guess, it's cyrillic ...  *pardon*)
mistake in translations can vary from serious to light. ie when making an army movement order, it reads : "Armées se déplaçantes", actually it should be ""Armées se déplaçant" . Or when recruiting ppl, the msg shouldn't read "L'embouche a été réalisé avec succès ", but "L'embauche a été réalisée avec succès".

... we would be more than happy to make a list of corrections to bring, just let us know when you are willing and ready to do the corrections  *rose*
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 01:25:55 AM by Starbuck » Logged

Deus populusque
Nebthe
Forum Staff

I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it!

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 10:36:05 AM »

About specific language mistakes you gotta talk with responsible translators. Please report here only mistakes in the English version.

I need a new signature, no one knows who that spanish dude is....  *Undecided*
komble
Private

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 08:51:55 AM »

So there is a big error in all eras..Flag of Georgia..It has changed 5 years ago and there is still old one...I kindly ask to change the flag on the real one
Nebthe
Forum Staff

I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it!

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 17:51:03 PM »

So there is a big error in all eras..Flag of Georgia..It has changed 5 years ago and there is still old one...I kindly ask to change the flag on the real one

Can you give us a link to the real one?

I need a new signature, no one knows who that spanish dude is....  *Undecided*
komble
Private

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 19:49:19 PM »

I lived link for the real one in other place...bugs-->realm38-->  there is a bug report..
I will leave one more here..please change it as soon as possible *Smiley*
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/Flag_of_Georgia.svg/800px-Flag_of_Georgia.svg.png
you can find it also in any search engine *Smiley*
guimassaro
Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 20:07:09 PM »

Like MorTBid sayd, in portuguese is in "часа" too.
"Training  ->  Soldiers ->  8 часа" (Recrutar -> Soldados -> 8 horas)
happygolucky
Private

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 12:45:37 PM »

Not so much a grammatical error, but...
It is now very difficult to read the alliance battle reports (since the recent battle stoppage) as the text colour is very similar to the background for the name of the attacker and the defender. The figures are still ok, but the text is not coloured significantly enough different from the background (r18)
hexx
Private

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 04:29:38 AM »

on realm 50 under alliance/forum:

reply instead of replay
Krohon
Private

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 20:58:19 PM »

Realm 63

On:

Alliance -> Creating an Alliance

If you are under 150 points, after entering the alliance's name, it displays:

"    
To join an Alliance you must have at least 150 points or to have been registered for more than 72 hours.
"

while it should display:

"
To join an Alliance you must have at least 150 points and to have been registered for more than 72 hours.
"

Also, what is the point to capitalize the word "alliance"? IMHO "alliance" is better.

So the whole thing should be:

Alliance -> Create an alliance

(Notice I replaced "Creating" by "Create").

(Ideally the script should detect there if the player is unable to create the alliance and warn him/her, doing it after the player expend some time thinking on the alliance's name degrade the game experience).

If the player cannot create the alliance, then the script should display:

"
To join an alliance you must have at least 150 points and have been registered for more than 72 hours.
"

(Notice that I removed the "to" before "create").

KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 23:37:52 PM »

i got something that truly annoys me.when you go alliance-->alliance operation and for example someone applied for adviser position.
it says :
Voting for Advisor
while below it you have button apply for Adviser .
small difference,but really annoying  *pardon* because advisor is wrong  *pardon*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Corvus
Sergeant

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 23:16:06 PM »

Throne Hall>Capitulation>"capitulate from" and "capitulated from"

"from" needs to be replaced by "to" [incorrect preposition usage]

Town Hall>Economy>Lumber Mill>Description (click on image)>"constructions"

"constructions" needs to be replaced by "construction" [some English words are plural AND singular without requiring an "s"]

Town Hall>Economy>Depot>Description (click on image)>"whiney" AND "ox"

"whiney" needs to be replaced by "whinney" ;["whiney" is what u might call someone that posts here; "whinney" is one of the sounds a horse makes]

"ox" needs to be replaced by "oxen" [the plural of "ox" is "oxen"]

Town Hall>Economy>University>Description (click on image)>"After all your" AND "the civilized" AND "uncontrollable" AND "the nasty"

"After all your" needs to be replaced by "After all, your" [separate introductory exclamation from the sentence itself]

"the civilized" needs to be replaced by "civilized" [needless use of the article]

"uncontrollable" needs to be replaced by "an uncontrollable" [missing necessary article]

"the nasty" needs to be replaced by "a nasty" [specific article should be general]

Town Hall>Military>BARRACKS>Description (click on image)>"olive branches angels"

"olive branches angels " needs to be replaced by "olive branches and angels" [or something like "angels holding olive branches" or even "laurel wreathed angels" *Undecided*]

Town Hall>Military>SHOOTING RANGE>Description (click on image)>"loosing"

"loosing" needs to be replaced by "losing" [loosing an arrow is correct, "loosing a finger" is just painful *cool*]

Town Hall>Military>CAVALRY RANGE>Description (click on image)>"heftily" AND "terrific" AND "site" AND "hoofs" AND "the inevitable" AND "to sink down to the shoes" AND "to work together in the cavalry barracks" AND "revel sight"

"heftily" needs to be replaced by "heavily"  [the adjectival form of "heft" is "hefty" not "heftily" which is beside the main point that heft/hefty does not apply to the type of armor whereas heavily does]

"terrific" needs to be replaced by "terrifying" [it may seem to be hypocritical of me, but "terrific" is only academically correct, the idiomatic use of "terrific" is a positive emotion when used as an adjective, not a negative emotion as you most likely prefer to use here, hence, "terrifying"]

"site" needs to be replaced by "sight" [a web page has no place on a medieval battlefield, even if the spell checker said it was ok]

"hoofs" needs to be replaced by "hooves" [plural of "hoof" is "hooves", it behooves you to correct this]

"the inevitable" needs to be replaced by "inevitable" [the article "the" is not needed]

"to sink down to the shoes" needs to be replaced by "sink into the shoes" ["to sink" is the infinitive tense, you want the present tense form "sink"; since the heart is inside the body, it sinks "into" the shoes. Similarly, things go "into" shoes. If you must use "down to", change "shoes" to "feet"]

"The heavy war horse and its rider are trained to work together in the cavalry barracks" needs to be replaced by "Here is where the heavy war horse and its rider are trained to work together". [as written it suggests that the horse and rider work together ONLY in the barracks]

"revel sight" needs to be replaced by "revel in the sight" [the expression lacks the preposition "in" and the article "the"]

Town Hall>Military>SIEGE WORKSHOP>Description (click on image)> "it will be" AND "it "machine-building"" AND "put together" AND "the access" AND "quite restricted" AND "deeps" AND "usual folks" AND "" AND ""

"it will be " needs to be replaced by "it is" [you want the future continuous aspect of "to be", "is", instead of the future tense "will be"]

"it "machine-building "" needs to be replaced by "it a "machine-building"" [missing an article for this noun]

"put together" needs to be replaced by "assemble" [putting the parts beside each other is not enough, hence, "assemble" is more accurate]

"the access" needs to be replaced by "access" [the article "the" is not needed]

"quite restricted" needs to be replaced by "restricted" [not only is "quite" redundant, it sounds like German is your first language]

"deeps" needs to be replaced by "depths" [deeps are found under mountains and waters, not in forests. Were you extrapolating from the expression "deep in the forest"? Don't, extrapolation in a fracked up language like English is risky]

"usual folks" needs to be replaced by "ordinary folk", "plain folk" or "folk" ["usual" is not synonomous in with "ordinary" in the context of people; the word "folk" is inherently plural]

Town Hall>Military>FORTRESSES>Description (click on image)> "fortress�." AND "realms Version 4" AND "the production"

"fortress�. The" needs to be replaced by "fortress, a" [this will connect the phrase with the sentence it belongs to"; the indefinite article "a" should be used"

"realms Version 4" needs to be replaced by "Version 4 realms" [in English adjectives come first]

"the production" needs to be replaced by "production" [unnecessary use of the article "the"]

Town Hall>Military>RESERVE>Description (click on image)> "as much as possible resources"

"as much as possible resources" needs to be replaced by "as many resources as possible" [looks like it was translated from German]

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 22:03:39 PM by Corvus » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: