Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 05:35:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About attacking and deffending  (Read 2503 times)
gizer
Private

« on: February 17, 2008, 12:05:04 PM »

Ok, a caple of newbie questions

1) im new to this MMO and im not in an alliance yet, is there any reason for me to do an attack which is not a pillage? i mean, do i gain anything from other attack types?

2) is there any bonus for archers fortified in a fortress, or negetive bonus for horses fortified in a fortress? in terms of defense i mean.
higrm
Sergeant

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 12:09:55 PM »

Pillages are probably not the best way to approach the game.  Money is limited and you lose honor and eventually moral if you do it constantly.  By attacking fortresses, you have a chance to win the gold value of the resources he has stored there. (Since you don't know this, you probably haven't lost a fortess battle yet.)

Yes, archers in a fortress have a 4x higher damage rate than when they are outside. There is no negative to having the cavalry inside.  They just don't do anything until the walls have been broken.  The same with the attacking army, horses only are active in the field battle and the garrison battle. In the siege, they are simply additional target for the fortress archers, (but they don't take too much damage from those little arrows)

Have fun,
Higrm
firemen
Private

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 01:05:28 AM »

the best way to lay it is to have the arrows inside and your swords, etc on the out side. what you want to do is bring down there morale as much as you can before they hit the fort because that is where you can win or lose a battle. plus there is a thing called luck that plays into it too.

if you do not put any men on the field.the game will always put one there. *bear*

if all is going well. it is an ambush
gizer
Private

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 10:56:41 AM »

Thnx.
Oxygen
Aspects Of A Skewer.
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 13:13:33 PM »

Should put 60% archers and 40% calvaries inside any fortress.
That should mean most of the opponent's spearmen would have been crush if the fortress wall break, and your calvaries can attack swordsmen who is aimed to target the fortress wall.
There is absolutely no reason in putting swordsmen in a fortress, as there will be calvaries sent by the enemy to crush your swordsmen easily.

Do you like my signature?
renis
Tricky Knight
Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 01:19:24 AM »

Should put 60% archers and 40% calvaries inside any fortress.
That should mean most of the opponent's spearmen would have been crush if the fortress wall break, and your calvaries can attack swordsmen who is aimed to target the fortress wall.
There is absolutely no reason in putting swordsmen in a fortress, as there will be calvaries sent by the enemy to crush your swordsmen easily.

And also will be some phalanx to kill your cavalry very easily...

nah...

i think the best is to put only archers inside the fort... cavaliers max will give you an extra round, but that's all... so they are nearly useless...

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message.
Oxygen
Aspects Of A Skewer.
Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 12:00:39 PM »

Putting archers inside fortress is only for dealing -7 morale per round..I don't see the point in putting too MUCH archers in the fortress.

Do you like my signature?
renis
Tricky Knight
Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 13:12:03 PM »

Putting archers inside fortress is only for dealing -7 morale per round..I don't see the point in putting too MUCH archers in the fortress.

I tell you the point...

If you will be in alliance war, then you can leave 10.000 archers inside fortress 7, and use army save for the field army. If one enemy will attack you, and even defeat your fort, he will be completely surprised when he will check the result of the battle... generally because you have won more military points even with a lost battle.

He can do his best by not sending any phalanx in his attack, but even in that case, the result will be nearly equal (generally they are not so smart  *Grin* )

makavelis
Major

Prince Makaveli

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 13:13:27 PM »

I tell you the point...

If you will be in alliance war, then you can leave 10.000 archers inside fortress 7, and use army save for the field army. If one enemy will attack you, and even defeat your fort, he will be completely surprised when he will check the result of the battle... generally because you have won more military points even with a lost battle.

He can do his best by not sending any phalanx in his attack, but even in that case, the result will be nearly equal (generally they are not so smart  *Grin* )

good to know this  *ok*

Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 17:21:59 PM »

10000 archers are too much...about 1000 archers are best. If the fort is destroyed in 4 rounds, 10000 archers are useless *Smiley*

I am the one and only!
renis
Tricky Knight
Lieutenant

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 19:16:32 PM »

10000 archers are too much...about 1000 archers are best. If the fort is destroyed in 4 rounds, 10000 archers are useless *Smiley*

Read what i said before. I told there what is the reason to have a full garrison of archers, even if wall is destroyed in 2 rounds.

Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 19:36:02 PM »

Read what i said before. I told there what is the reason to have a full garrison of archers, even if wall is destroyed in 2 rounds.

Sorry, I'm not a noob. You won't kill enough guardians and paladins for that in 4-5 rounds *pardon*...Only if the attacker brings many phalanxes, but even in that case, 5000 archers probably would kill almost the same number and you'll lose half *Smiley*

I am the one and only!
guimassaro
Lieutenant

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 19:38:42 PM »

And also will be some phalanx to kill your cavalry very easily...

The best way to go is 60% archers and 40% cavalry. The max morale drop per round is 7. Your 60% archers can do that. Archers are best unit agains spearman (phalanx), plus the bonus for beeing inside the fortress, if enemy's army isn't too overwelming, your archers will kill a lot of the spearman and your cavary inside the fort will be "safe" to figth the sowrdman that survives...
100% archers will do the same jog, taking away 7 morale on the invasor per round, kill most of the spearman, but when the fort is down, it least a lot more units to figth... put some data in the simulator and you'll see...
renis
Tricky Knight
Lieutenant

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 19:49:51 PM »

Sorry, evidently you are not getting my point: I don't mind to win the defensive battle my friends... If the attacker is so noob to attack a fortress without using battle calculator, thats another story, and you can put whatever combination in the fortress.

So for me, is not important to simple give -7 morale to enemy. I don't care about that. I know the battle is lost, and i don't need the extra round cavaliers will give me. I just need to kill as many enemy soldiers as possible. And that can be done by putting more then 10.000 archers in a mountain fortress 7 with a decent fortification level.

Using this method i have lost a bunch of defensive battles during alliance wars, bad badly surprised my enemies. When they checked the stats they saw they have won the battle, but lost in military points.

Looking that most of them were not aware of this, they really lost badly in alliance war counting, with differences like 130 mp against 210 mp. Even when somebody sent an army without phalanx, the result was nearly equal 125 mp against 129 mp.

Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 19:56:33 PM »

It would be a pleasure if someone that is in a war let 40% cavalry in his fort *Grin* *Grin*
@Renis: I'm not talking about players that can destroy forts in 7 rounds *Smiley*

I am the one and only!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: