Imperia Online International
March 28, 2024, 12:31:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Siege weapons Lost  (Read 4723 times)
omargalea
Private

« on: September 12, 2007, 13:58:26 PM »

Well was wondering why when someone attacks and the attacker fleas why do all the siege weapons always are distroyed. Well I dont think that the attacker would have time to burn rams that are beneat the wall while they are fleaing or have time breaking the catapults and busket thing when  you see your fellow soldiers running for mad for there life.
I think that 20% of the siege weapons should be left intact and the defender to claim for. Also some material should be left form them, i mean come these are so big that its impossible not to have material left from them !
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 23:52:20 PM »

You do get 24 hours worth of upkeep from the supply train... And war income works on them, too. But this is a decent suggestion, I suppose. Dunno how good it is balance-wise.

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
Astarte
Empress
Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 21:24:33 PM »

Well was wondering why when someone attacks and the attacker fleas why do all the siege weapons always are distroyed. Well I dont think that the attacker would have time to burn rams that are beneat the wall while they are fleaing or have time breaking the catapults and busket thing when  you see your fellow soldiers running for mad for there life.
I think that 20% of the siege weapons should be left intact and the defender to claim for. Also some material should be left form them, i mean come these are so big that its impossible not to have material left from them !
Sorry, but i have to disagree. Siege weapons are inexpensive when compared to military units causing the same amount of damage to a fortress' walls. I think the utter destruction rule shouldn't be changed, especially considering a fleeing army wouldn't have time to 'pack up' the siege weapons in the first place.

One idea, however, would be to give the siege weapons to the victorious player. It might not be fair, but would be more realistic.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 21:26:10 PM by Astarte » Logged

"Friend be friend, and foe be foe. If one hurt me first, then they be foe..."
codegrrrl
Private

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 04:05:58 AM »

I can already see a cheater boosting their net worth with a mass of trebs that were handed over to them.  *Grin*
Wicked
Private

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 10:54:49 AM »

I would the option to go  and  steal siege equipment *Smiley* in a field battle Scenario.   As in a real situation what would you of done.  After an enemy ran away and do not want to fight   *evil* You take nothing home. I think that is not right so if the enemy do not fight an duns away they should firstly have they reversed affect of a pillage on the defender, he or  she should loose 3 or 4 Honor as he or she is a coward and 50 % of the siege should be taken home for the cost of the traveling of course.  I think this will make the game a little more interesting *Smiley*
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 12:15:22 PM »

I would the option to go  and  steal siege equipment *Smiley* in a field battle Scenario.   As in a real situation what would you of done.  After an enemy ran away and do not want to fight   *evil* You take nothing home. I think that is not right so if the enemy do not fight an duns away they should firstly have they reversed affect of a pillage on the defender, he or  she should loose 3 or 4 Honor as he or she is a coward and 50 % of the siege should be taken home for the cost of the traveling of course.  I think this will make the game a little more interesting *Smiley*

If you come to me and ask me if I want to fight, I can answer yes and we fight, or I answer no and we don't fight *Smiley*. Why to lose honor or siege if I don't want to fight?
And if the attacker has 50.000 paladins and me only 3.000 paladins and I don't want to fight because no chance of winning that means I'm coward? *pardon*

I am the one and only!
Wicked
Private

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 13:06:34 PM »

You could always move your siege away and your troops but the fact is let them at least also loose some thing  like Honor, A unbalanced player should not get any benefit in the game like the farmers farm farm farm and got no Military Experience  I will also like to suggest some thing Like you need some Military rank before you can build some Items like a forts M6 or fort M7  else the Farmers play the game in such a way that no one can catch them and in end game they only start producing army to fight.
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 13:11:38 PM »

And when you do army save you must carry all your sieges with you? And a player can lose honor only for something that he has done. I'm going in offline hours and when I'm back I'll have -200 honor? *freak*

I am the one and only!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: