Imperia Online International
April 27, 2024, 16:03:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to save soldiers  (Read 9603 times)
makavelis
Major

Prince Makaveli

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 21:18:52 PM »

licancina is right ... army save is for save your army .... of course is great if you can take some gold but if you don't take nothing you should be happy that you saved you soldiers  *Smiley*

Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 23:11:42 PM »

guys i am talking about a lets say 200 000 points 100 000 points difference ...i doubt that if i send 70k paladins and 50k guards the player with 2 times less points can do anything.... if he comes online he can sell his resourses and u are not gonna take anything...But honestly how many times u send some army at a 6 hours run MINE and it came back with more than 20k gold?Huh?

And if he moves army and resources, you will take nothing and you sent 1000 trebs. Also, that player can keep some archers in fort and you will lose some phalanxes for nothing *pardon*

I am the one and only!
numpty
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 23:15:52 PM »

i spent 3 months of a realm doing army saves pillaging a player in the low end of my 2x range or a mine.  mine´s are attacked by everyone and pillaging when you have a massive army allows you to leave your sieges at home and at least not wake up and have a huge debt to pay if someone else stole the money from the mine.

if your a warrior this works well because while you sleep you burn enough villagers to pay upkeep, then in the morning you just need to attack someone that leaves their army at home and is sleeping when you wake up and recover the -3 honor from the burning...

that´s how play, burn to live, live to burn *Smiley* *Grin* *Smiley* *Grin*
Цезар
Major

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 01:57:29 AM »

I will disagree with the mod(noob  *Grin* ) .I will not say anything,I will just post the battle  report
http://statika.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game/_addons/dokladi/?path=bitki/12/2008_2_14/12008304_12005005_202216

This supposed to be an army save,but, as you can see,the lady (Fiona or Ogress ) was captured unprepared  *rose*
numpty
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 02:04:44 AM »

well, i did it for three months and not once lost a single soldier in pillaging.  in high points almost all players have armies in retreat mode and when I pillaged they were provs with population over 200k...

yeah, and I am a noob, don´t understand anything at all about IO, actually I hate it.  SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH, But don´t tell anyone, you´ll ruin my secret *Grin*
Цезар
Major

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 02:13:18 AM »

*Lips Sealed* *Lips Sealed* *Lips Sealed* *Lips Sealed*

By the way ,this is  not the main provinces ,I  was just online at 5 am
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:15:17 AM by Цезар » Logged
k_mihai
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 02:25:04 AM »

numpty noob... Caesar, u`re very wrong here
Цезар
Major

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 03:00:39 AM »

Well Fiona is a mod , and she was acting like a noob.There is a major difference in the networth .It was not reasonable for her to attack me , but she did it.So she is a noob.For numpty , well i haven't played with him/her
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 03:01:04 AM by Цезар » Logged
isolde
Addict for life
Forum Staff

Η ευτυχία ανήκει στους αυτάρκης

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 03:19:16 AM »

Well Fiona is a mod , and she was acting like a noob.There is a major difference in the networth .It was not reasonable for her to attack me , but she did it.So she is a noob.For numpty , well i haven't played with him/her

Oh, come on, most people are not SUCH addicts, you know *Tongue* How could she know if someone is online at 5 AM  *Grin* I must say, I myself am way too paranoid to save on real players. I prefer to stay all night and kill an army (or 2 *wink*, but if I am not pretty sure the person is on block, I probably wont send attack and just log out. I learned that lesson in my first era after losing 700 trebs (NO UNSUPERVISED ATTACKS  *stop*)

That's why it totally amazes me how people like Neb (my leader last era), can just send off their army and go to sleep  *Shocked* *Shocked* *Shocked* I couldnt possibly sleep knowing my boys are out there... on their own *sad* And I HATE people who dont do clear 6 hr blocks  *Angry* *Angry* And dont log out at the end of the hour  *Angry* *Angry* And make me wonder - to send or not to send. Noobs  *Angry* *Angry* *Angry*
k_mihai
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 03:44:35 AM »

Oh, come on, most people are not SUCH addicts, you know *Tongue* How could she know if someone is online at 5 AM  *Grin* I must say, I myself am way too paranoid to save on real players. I prefer to stay all night and kill an army (or 2 *wink*, but if I am not pretty sure the person is on block, I probably wont send attack and just log out. I learned that lesson in my first era after losing 700 trebs (NO UNSUPERVISED ATTACKS  *stop*)

That's why it totally amazes me how people like Neb (my leader last era), can just send off their army and go to sleep  *Shocked* *Shocked* *Shocked* I couldnt possibly sleep knowing my boys are out there... on their own *sad* And I HATE people who dont do clear 6 hr blocks  *Angry* *Angry* And dont log out at the end of the hour  *Angry* *Angry* And make me wonder - to send or not to send. Noobs  *Angry* *Angry* *Angry*

i did this type of army saves, they are cool *Grin* but not in wars
powerr98
Captain

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 04:59:30 AM »

Well, i would think the easiest way if u wanna avoid the risk of losing army, paying high upkeep or losing honor would be to send multiple attacks against gold mines. I usually send about 8 and i choose my targets well. As said many times before dont attack a mine that has 100K above gold cuz most probably by the time u get there that will be gone. But even if your army returns empty handed it doesnt matter cuz its an army save and yer army is safe.

Another advantage raiding a gold mine during your 6hr offline is you may only need to send 1 treb to slow down your travelling speed to 0.5 or none at all depending on how long u plan your run. But this again is just an estimate. You will need more troops if your gold mine has high fortress levels.

Launching a single big attack against a weaker opponent (fortress seige) will most probably result in mere 32 military points (L7 Fort) and high -ve gold when you return. Although it does keep your army safe i would think if i could kill 2 birds with 1 stone that would be great.

Launching 7-8 attacks against multiple gold mines would undoubtably result in some gold collection. But im a fan of this simply cuz i value my honor. But whichever method you choose, remember that the main function of an ARMY SAVE is to keep your army safe!
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 12:06:42 PM »

In the first month from R4 when I played, I usually did army saves on players with some army. Except 2 or 3 times, I killed that army *Smiley*. But my attacks were almost safe, those players didn't have too good army to defeat me, even if they could mobilize army *wink*

I am the one and only!
mersas
Private

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 14:45:57 PM »

much people is spaming or flooding here, please lock this post, if they want to know how to save army they need jest read here strategy, not spam here.... (oh yeah i was spaming and what i get? nothing look ''districted''...)
xMoDx
Captain

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 05:00:06 AM »

I pillage inactive players.Mostly.  *pardon*

how would you know that the player is inactive? any tips?

EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 14:53:37 PM »

hey thanks guys ! ! ! http://statika.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game/frvote.php?user=25058984&realm=25
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: