Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 00:50:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe fortress levels.  (Read 14288 times)
lasttarget
Private

« on: February 12, 2008, 04:51:25 AM »

I'm at 1150 points with a boxed in lvl 4 mountain with forest province.  There's about 1000 archers in there.  I have 110 morale.  Assuming attackers have 90 morale when they attack,what level of fortification would I need to make sure there is absolutely no chance for someone to attack and destroy that province?

I'm also trying to keep my points low, but if you were in my position, would you upgrade the fortress to level 5?  Doing that would skyrocket the points but also make sure the fortress is invincible.
Цезар
Major

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 05:02:16 AM »

upgrade it.
lasttarget
Private

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 05:57:11 AM »

Also giving a reason for your choice would be good..
k_mihai
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 09:35:06 AM »

depends, i would build an army and kill others *Grin* rely on army saves to protect ur troops and put all res in depots when u leave
Foundation
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 02:56:23 AM »

I wouldn't say that was safe, as 800k HP for the fortress could be taken down with a certain amount of luck with 30~40 Cats. When I was at 1.2k points, I had a boxed lvl 5 mountain w/ fortress and 1000 H. Archers in it, also 4~5 fortification. I think that was good for defense at that many points.

Foundation
powerr98
Captain

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 05:03:17 AM »

depends, i would build an army and kill others *Grin* rely on army saves to protect ur troops and put all res in depots when u leave

I agree with Mihai. Im a firm believer that NO fortress is totally safe from anybody. If u have the right composition of troops you can bring down any fortress. Army saves are the best defence during your offline time. I always keep my army on the move. Its rarely at home. When im online im busy attacking someone. When im offline im still busy attacking someone!  *Grin*
lasttarget
Private

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 05:32:21 AM »

So it's been 10 days and now I'm at lvl 5 boxed in mountain with forest fortress, somewhere around 4-8 fortification, 2400 heavy archers in fortress with about 2150 points.  I'm not worried about my army, it's just I need a lvl 6 fortress and need to protect my gold.  I'm in R1 and it's only day 34 so with most players having around 50-100k in their main province and lvl 6 fort needing 1m, the only way I can get lvl 6 is to get an impenetrable fortress.

Pretty much everyone attacking me so far lose and give me more gold, but there's one that lost at around 35 morale and would of won at around 25, so I'm worried it can be destroyed
powerr98
Captain

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 07:15:31 AM »

So it's been 10 days and now I'm at lvl 5 boxed in mountain with forest fortress, somewhere around 4-8 fortification, 2400 heavy archers in fortress with about 2150 points.  I'm not worried about my army, it's just I need a lvl 6 fortress and need to protect my gold.  I'm in R1 and it's only day 34 so with most players having around 50-100k in their main province and lvl 6 fort needing 1m, the only way I can get lvl 6 is to get an impenetrable fortress.

Pretty much everyone attacking me so far lose and give me more gold, but there's one that lost at around 35 morale and would of won at around 25, so I'm worried it can be destroyed

Im not a believer in hording resources to get higher upgrades. I just plan my attacks or gold raids around the time i get my 10hr production. If that isnt enough i can always use a small loan but that will depend on how strong my eco is. But easiest way would be to use the depots in a low point system. There are many ways or a combination of ways but i would never recommend hoarding resources.

In Realm 5, a few players have lost multi millions in hoarded resources for a Level 8 fort. They had very strong armies guarding but all it took was 1 suicide attack and 1 gold raid attack to destroy probably a few weeks of effort in hoarding resources. I wont mention names here but players concerned in R5 will know.

Many players have learnt the harsh reality of this method. Hope you dont become one of them.

Cheers!
lasttarget
Private

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 10:05:05 AM »

PHEW I just got it off.  3100 points with boxed in lvl 6.  If I keep my points low enough and max archers in fortress, then it can't get destroyed and suicide attacks won't work.

I also don't get any credits or banks, so I just attack whenever
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 10:16:55 AM by lasttarget » Logged
powerr98
Captain

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 10:54:45 AM »

PHEW I just got it off.  3100 points with boxed in lvl 6.  If I keep my points low enough and max archers in fortress, then it can't get destroyed and suicide attacks won't work.

I also don't get any credits or banks, so I just attack whenever

Why dont u have credits? Everybody has credits. Only difference is whether its a 6hr or 10hr bonus.
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 12:15:47 PM »

Not everybody uses credits *rose*
And when you have a high fort level at low points, it's very very hard to defeat and kamikaze's would be useless *Grin*. And, in one era, I was in top 50-70 at net worth and I kept about 1 mil gold in my fort 6 when I went offline for about one week after building my fort 7. And only 2 players attacked me. One who gave me a medal and one who took that million (one day before my fort 7 was ready) *Grin*

I am the one and only!
lasttarget
Private

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 22:05:11 PM »

Recently I've been just putting archers in my fortress because of the x4 attack, but would having some cavalry in there help more then just all archers?  And if so, what would be the cavalry to archer ratio?
Цезар
Major

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 22:19:56 PM »

There is a siege calculator ,I think.I'm not using it,but some say it is useful  *pardon*
k_mihai
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 05:41:24 AM »

if one plays low point strat, credits are useless
Oxygen
Aspects Of A Skewer.
Lieutenant

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 13:15:59 PM »

Get high borders, fortress, fortification.
With high borders, the attacker cannot spy you and will hesitate before attacking you.
And he might also not know what army you have inside your fort and you can have a defensive victory.
With high fortress and fortification, you can make your life longer, and enemy will drop 7 morale per turn.

Do you like my signature?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: