Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 02:50:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need advice on early develpment!  (Read 10257 times)
UberNoob
Sergeant

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 05:53:43 AM »

15 would be considered good enough for a whole era. what lvl you need to have atm - figure out yourself *wink*
Wight
Private

The Best of the best

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 10:52:31 AM »

I think 16 lvl is needed to get 100% efficiency for 5 provinces including 8 (4 colonized provinces).... *Smiley*
frijoles12
Private

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 00:54:25 AM »

so, what's your highest net worth score so far?
about 50k....
UberNoob
Sergeant

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 07:56:29 AM »

well to get good, you need to have access to the computer all day (other than the 6 mandatory offline hours). twice a day isnt enough. if your army's in your base, you can't go afk for more than 1 hour or so. you need to be online at the time of attacks (unless you're sure that the guy is having his 6 hours off). farm for the first half of the game; get many provines (at *least* 7) and high uni/arch & med/granaries/bureau. if you do that (and you don't skru up), you can get way higher than 50k.
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 13:04:54 PM »

What you've done so far seems pretty good! All the suggestions here seem good too, but Bureaucracy gets really less efficient every 4 levels. You can find the economy calculator here, which includes a function of how long things take to repay themselves; specifically I think the Bureaucracy calculator will help you consider if you want to research it further. Though at this point, since time is becoming a limiting factor rather than resources, better uni/arch may be essential just for not waiting whole days on a research, remember that they're not only saving you money but also time.

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
citral
Captain

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 00:15:22 AM »

in a 4 month game, i will build univ and arch to lvl 4, then build lvl 2 inf barracks, then mil acad lvl 2, build fort lvl 2, then trade lvl 2, then 100 sword, every time you log in, 2 times a day, build lumber, mines, granaries after you make 100 sword, then more inf barracks, mil acad, when you reach 1k in swords, use army to attack lvl 1 and 2 fortresses that are more or less unprotected, use the loot to build lvl 3 fortress, mil arch, and fortification, build centralization when you can afford, work in more univ and arch, adding beauracracy, armor, melee, and range when you can, hiring a diverse blend of spears, archers, lite cavalry and swords gives you options,  don't forget to work in tactics, cartography, spies and border forts, mil medicine is important, medicine helps with population growth....thats how i start....but how some dudes grow huge in imperia is still a mystery to me....and i have played for over a year now...

just build up gran/med/ buro, and make lots of iron mines, dont make any stone, just wood, and lots of iron. As soon as the iron hits 5+ gold, you ll grow exponantionally!!
Lembitu
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 15:32:43 PM »

eco has to be so good that you can build 7 level fortress every day.
UberNoob
Sergeant

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 02:16:02 AM »

just build up gran/med/ buro, and make lots of iron mines, dont make any stone, just wood, and lots of iron. As soon as the iron hits 5+ gold, you ll grow exponantionally!!
Bob Marley!  *Shocked* damn veni-wannabe.... *Grin*
Alp_Arslan2
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 05:06:29 AM »

Q-B is recommending eco first  *Shocked* *Shocked* *Shocked*
Wow there be no question then stormtrooped... follow the the advice of Kupo & Q!

Er, ubernooba (miss ya) *wink*, I don't think frijoles has ever had anything resembling an economy so hence question about networth is kindda pointless  *freak*
Guinness
Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% persperation.
Private

Palatina

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 12:23:10 PM »

The key with most strategy games such as this is to build up your research and development first, whilst the resources and funds are piling in, build a small garrison in your fortress to act as a safety net. I would strongly urge anyone who is very new to this game to try a newish realm, whereby everyone is concerntrating on building themselves up economically rather than militarily. As well as everyone else being so far apart to worry about an invading army!
Then like so many have said before when the time is right, build the ellites and try and conquer!

Honour the Gods.
Love your woman.
Fight hard for your country.
Victory will be yours this day.
stud
proud leader of PREDATORS
Colonel

yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawww

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 19:21:15 PM »

if u're new here, u should read it...this is a great strategy and it works even better 'cause u're late in the era...

http://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=706.0
 *bear* *bear* *bear*

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say are you going to drink that? *beer*
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 23:34:18 PM »

that has them as slaves of a strategy, tell newbies to better play a little by themselves first, to know their style, than they can follow one of the many strategies known.

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
UberNoob
Sergeant

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 10:43:17 AM »

necro-poster? *hmm*
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: