Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 09:40:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alliance ranking  (Read 16468 times)
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »

Yes, but it can be fixed with a net worth coefficient.  *rose*

yes... good point *rose*

I know we had this discussion before; but the only thing I have against your proposal is that it only counts the points for losing soldiers... while I believe killing armies isn't the only thing during a war... pillaging and EFA's is also a tactics and it should be rewarded. I do believe the points for EFA's should be reduced... I proposed that before... so I really believe the ranking should be about the military points scored in a war... but I really like your net worth coefficient...

so in short my proposal would be to reduce the points gained by attacking empty forts, take the military points scored in that war; use reac's net worth coefficient and stasy's idea that the losing alliance takes 1/2 of the points scored... (I hope that was clear *pardon*)

stasy
Major

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 12:23:09 PM »

We will not make any official rank lists any more (we have too many realms) so we can use hall of fame for this case, so if we implement my idea and someone posts rank list every month in it everything will be fair. We will have alliances who lead in this rank list 3(7) months and at the end we will have one big alliance who is really very strong leading one month. We have to thing about this.

Machucado
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 12:26:29 PM »

yes... good point *rose*

I know we had this discussion before; but the only thing I have against your proposal is that it only counts the points for losing soldiers... while I believe killing armies isn't the only thing during a war... pillaging and EFA's is also a tactics and it should be rewarded. I do believe the points for EFA's should be reduced... I proposed that before... so I really believe the ranking should be about the military points scored in a war... but I really like your net worth coefficient...

so in short my proposal would be to reduce the points gained by attacking empty forts, take the military points scored in that war; use reac's net worth coefficient and stasy's idea that the losing alliance takes 1/2 of the points scored... (I hope that was clear *pardon*)

EFA's does not necessarily reflect a hard war (in realms with online markings). How hard was it to do waves on Swampfox province 8 in our war? How hard was to do waves on Tugboat. We all knew the on-/offline times... After a couple of days the online attacks were down to zero...  *rose*
k_mihai
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 12:29:43 PM »

yes... good point *rose*

i agree with 3/4 of your proposal, but i will cut off the points for empty forts (or give like 10% of the current one) because those make wars dependent on the sleeping time of players (include here the effects of the removal of the 6h rule in some realms).

yes, is clear stated like that *rose*

We will not make any official rank lists any more (we have too many realms) so we can use hall of fame for this case, so if we implement my idea and someone posts rank list every month in it everything will be fair. We will have alliances who lead in this rank list 3(7) months and at the end we will have one big alliance who is really very strong leading one month. We have to thing about this.

but, in this case, can we have a hall of fame for all era, like there is for networth or individual military points? i mean, rankings are the big motivater for waging wars.
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 12:33:49 PM »

EFA's does not necessarily reflect a hard war (in realms with online markings). How hard was it to do waves on Swampfox province 8 in our war? How hard was to do waves on Tugboat. We all knew the on-/offline times... After a couple of days the online attacks were down to zero...  *rose*

I know it's not hard... I'm only saying that EFA's and pillages are also part of the game... everyone gets military points for them so they should also be rewarded in wars... but right now they give too many points; so therefore I'm proposing to reduce the points for EFA's... and in every war I fought people are always still hunting armies... even if you can win with just EFA's... I think that will still be the same; especially if you reduce the points for EFA's so you can't win the war with EFA's alone... (or well... you can... but it happens almost never... and it will not grant you many ranking-points...)
Machucado
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 12:34:45 PM »

You will also have big fake wars, just like all the fake marshalls.   *Smiley*
k_mihai
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 12:38:14 PM »

hmm, i don`t think empty forts should not bring any military points at all, since gold is a reward big enough. People can become marshals just by attacking empty forts, and is not ok...

with pillages, i don`t have any problem (because something must balance farmers)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 12:45:40 PM by k_mihai » Logged
stasy
Major

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »

You will also have big fake wars, just like all the fake marshalls.   *Smiley*

Sure and how much it will cost to alliance to make a big fake war?

Machucado
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 12:44:43 PM »

Sure and how much it will cost to alliance to make a big fake war?

Nothing... just like it doesn't cost anything for those fake marshalls, or those fake alliances that exist today.
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 12:55:18 PM »

It's not that hard to find 2 players who want to do kamikaze (and they have 300k points) and they will bring more than 10000 points to an alliance *Smiley*
I hope the new system alliance won't encourage again only wars in the end. I don't think it's fair that an alliance will win the alliance ranking with only one war (and that alliance can be made just with 8 days before the end, win one war and win the rankings). At least this can't happen with this system.
And about alliance ranking it has been discussed before. Maybe these suggestions will help: http://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=777.0
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 12:55:39 PM by Radooo » Logged

I am the one and only!
Machucado
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 13:16:55 PM »

I think important issues are missing in this discussion. What are the problems? What does the current administration want to achieve?

If admins will state their perceptions about the problem plus their goals for the alliance race, and players their perceptions we can take it from there. Maybe admins WANT noobs to have better possibilities, to make sure they keep on playing... or something else.

As I see it these are the main issues that have been discussed here (not critique to any proposal, just general issues).

* Fake wars

* Few big wars in the end (hard wars in the beginning won't count)

* Equal alliances should fight eachother (as stated by admins last year)

* Empty fortresses attacks (EFA's)

There must be other important issues. Let's try and rank them and discuss solutions.  *rose*
Machucado
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2008, 01:32:19 AM »

*rose*

So much for the admin-user communication! Thank you all for your inputs... case closed.  *rose*
carman
Lieutenant

blue death

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 23:41:05 PM »

what if we keep the same alliance ranking but to stop fake wars you get bonuses for every 1000 military points diffrence between both alliances.

Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 23:43:43 PM »

not good...a war like this 46200 - 46100 is a fake war? *hmm*

I am the one and only!
Machucado
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 23:51:56 PM »

not good...a war like this 46200 - 46100 is a fake war? *hmm*

Of course it was  *Grin* *Grin*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: