Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 19:33:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 6h rule removed  (Read 10659 times)
k_mihai
« on: January 19, 2008, 10:05:10 AM »

The 6 h rule has been removed in some  of the new realms, and there is a long debate about that on GIO forum  http://www.galacticimperia.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=422.30

I tested that in r25 today and the rules is no more *Grin*

I think is the worst possible change made, since the "doom clock". babysitting will be unstoppable (as a rule of thumb, probably now is at least at 50%, it will grow to 99%...). I don`t know if admins realize, but they don`t catch more than 10% of babysitters now (there are also bugs who stimulates this kind of behavior). Most of them escape because admins can`t have enough proofs to punish them (and clever babysitters escape anyway).

Is not so difficult to imagine that babysitting during wars will be grow and admins won`t be able to stops that. besides the previous reasons, they made many more realms, which means more accounts to watch. if they were unable to police babysitting with 9 realms, imagine what will happen now, since they have 25 realms and the same number of persons.

The choice was not rational, because the costs - unstoppable babysitting, smth like 80-90%, outweighs the benefits - 80% of players won`t be banned for 10 h at least once(that`s one  of the explanations, the 2nd one being that since there is no online stat, there is no need for the 6h rule, which is wrong, because is easy to see  if someone was in the 6 h break or not, even without the online stat).

Unfortunately, admins were not very communicative, which proves again that topic related were at least true in some regards. besides that we found that on GIO forum, not here, they wouldn`t even listen to obvious objections. By that, i mean, they didn`t offered an answer about how to compensate to the babysitting increase risk.     
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 10:09:54 AM by k_mihai » Logged
Rake
Private

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 18:12:46 PM »

well, when they understand what you mean, they will change it back. dont worrie.

On the winners side!
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 21:36:37 PM »

this will just help botters and multis, *bravo* thanks programmers

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
DJtomy
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 23:38:27 PM »

well i think it will be some fair-players that will enjoy by removing this rule  *Grin* soon enough we will have the first human been that was awake for 8 months  *tired*  *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* and the first computer that was working for 8 months 24/7 *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* Guinness Book here we come!  *YAHOO* *YAHOO*
isolde
Addict for life
Forum Staff

Η ευτυχία ανήκει στους αυτάρκης

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 01:37:47 AM »

well i think it will be some fair-players that will enjoy by removing this rule  *Grin* soon enough we will have the first human been that was awake for 8 months  *tired*  *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* and the first computer that was working for 8 months 24/7 *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* Guinness Book here we come!  *YAHOO* *YAHOO*

I already set that record  *Grin*

But to repeat my response to stacy who said in the GIO thread - "6h offline is not necessary at this stage" - I will sleep at whichever stage they think is necessary. If any of them think that it is wise to encourage insane people to stay online 24/7, then keep with this rule.
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 01:55:04 AM »

*Grin* *Grin* *Grin*

I already set that record  *Grin*

But to repeat my response to stacy who said in the GIO thread - "6h offline is not necessary at this stage" - I will sleep at whichever stage they think is necessary. If any of them think that it is wise to encourage insane people to stay online 24/7, then keep with this rule.

oh come on... you don't have have a problem with this, right?

btw... I hope we can have a discussion about this with admins... I'll try my best... I also think it's not good for us, addicted people, to remove this rule *hihi*
k_mihai
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 02:00:15 AM »

*Smiley* good luck, cutie  *rose*

and thank you *Smiley*
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 02:00:36 AM by k_mihai » Logged
Rake
Private

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 02:13:17 AM »

theres a portuguese realm of 1 year...  *Shocked* *YAHOO*

On the winners side!
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 04:00:13 AM »

well, that takes out DJTomy's record, we should all change our ip to a portuguese one, *bear*

Hiske, think well about it, wouldn't this help the most botters or multis

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
DJtomy
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 00:14:19 AM »

wow wow wow that is not my record... i'll never stay awake more then 48 h *wink* in fact, after about 10-12 h i get sleepy... but i know someone that could stay online one week, during a war  *hahaha* *hahaha*
Rake
Private

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 00:17:23 AM »

who would that be? now he can prove it, as there is no 6h off.

On the winners side!
k_mihai
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 00:19:25 AM »

i would rather sleep too *Smiley* is better for the war also, people can do mistakes when they are exhausted (like falling asleep during an attack)
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 00:24:44 AM »

I didn't bother to change my offline hours during the war and not even my habbits to sleep 10 hours *pardon*

I am the one and only!
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 01:48:10 AM »

yea it's better to defend you almost nothing than not to defend yourself

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
isolde
Addict for life
Forum Staff

Η ευτυχία ανήκει στους αυτάρκης

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 09:42:51 AM »

Removing the 6hr offline rule doesnt bother me personally for several reasons. I have a pretty bad case of insomnia since about 5 years when I used to work nights 12-8am, go to school 8-5pm and after that do my nursing assignments. I seriously dont remember WHEN I slept that year, and since then I cant quite enjoy sleep that same way *sad*

Besides, I am a night person and for me staying all night was never a problem, so now I can EASILY stay 24 hrs. The question is, is it sane to push the limits so far. Not only do you start making mistakes in the game, but lack of sleep affects your whole life in many negative ways. And the problem is, I dont think players themselves can stop sometimes, there is always some important war, some easy military points to be scored. There must be a rule to ensure sanity.

P.S. I think my first era I went almost without sleep for over a month, unless you count 2-3 hours a day in half an hour intervals sleep  *pardon*
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: