Imperia Online International
April 27, 2024, 20:31:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategy  (Read 9751 times)
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 17:09:52 PM »

pillaging so you can get 3-4 easy medals and get gold to get your provinces real fast.

Easy medals? *hahaha* *hahaha*

I am the one and only!
Arkasi
Private

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 22:21:53 PM »

and you are the first farmer who recommends not building granaries/meds *Grin* the question was how to boost not how to slow down hhahaha:] waiting without fights = poor start ;] battles + reinvesting in economy = good start ( how good depends mostly on luck - you don't secelt you neighbours...sometimes there is plenty of gold, sometimes barely enough to start central before peaceful players *Smiley* but still it's much better to have higher granaries/meds and second prov before pure farmers)  ...so for me arkasi suggestion is very lame *Smiley* and game results support me...

pillaging works fine in realms with cheap centralization, but for the new rules it's not so good :] better do 3-4 attacks for 10-20k gold each - much faster and more profitable *Grin* especially in blitz

Maybe you misunderstood me, i didnt said, he shall not build granaries or medicine, its a question of time when he should build it.

Your advice was:
I personally start with 5-6 granaries and medicine 2 + fort 3 in most of the cases; then go for the second province - my choice is to take the resources from other players - build 1000 soldiers (I prefer to have some swords in my first army) and attack, attack, attack

This will slow you down. A 2nd province will give you much more popgrow and will be much cheaper, if you calc starting resources of new province.
Its absolutly impossible, that you will have your 2nd province before a farmer with this strategy. A farmer has his 2nd province below 50 points, your army worth would be higher than this.

If a farmer strat is lame, its a question of your targets in game. If you wanna have only action, than it would be stupid to be farmer, there is no action at start. If you wanna be able to win, there is no other way. A farmer will every time beat an attacker after 1st month, but this 4 weeks at start are maybe hard, depending on neighbours. I normally keep all battlereports, they are my black list and after i got my elites at a time, where attackers have only heavies, i ll kill their armies and they are out of game, because they have no eco.

Its true, that pillaging is helping you to get the other provinces earlier, but general efficiency will be lower. You have melee and armor, i have bigger fortresses and be able to build and research cheaper. On long sight, farmer will kill attacker or the attacker must stay small.
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 22:26:58 PM »

Well, you can make a good economy from attacking (at least in the beginning) *Tongue*
And real warriors can't be caught *pardon*

I am the one and only!
k_mihai
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 22:28:10 PM »

no, it depends in which realm do you play

you strategy makes you a certain farm for others in realms with the new centralization prices  *Grin*

attacks in 3x are more effective than pillages, because they gave more money at the same loss of honor.
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 22:33:27 PM »

centralization prices are now so high that you'll get a 5k army before having your second province.

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
k_mihai
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 22:40:41 PM »

that`s not true. i ordered my second province at 150 p in R25, and the 3rd at 300 p

fortunately, there were players who followed king john or Arkasi strategy, gathering gold for provinces. i just come and took those *Grin*

moreover, even in normal realms, Arkasi is wrong, one can`t build one province only with centralization 1. 500 spears/archers are also required, so actually the second province is more expensive than he realize. This means that granaries lv 5-7 should be built before ordering the second province *Grin* 

Edit
aaa, i forgot to say that a good farmer always has at least 50 archers before reaching 50 p, so, a second province will all requirements will push his point a little higher than 50
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 22:52:28 PM by k_mihai » Logged
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 22:51:05 PM »

well, i now got a 1.5k army and just one province, seems noobish, but i want a army made of

500 spearmen
500 archers
500 swordsmen
500 Light cavalry
15 rams

before conquering my second province,
lets take in count it's just my fourth day R10x4 but in 2 days, i plan to conquer 2 adjacent provinces with farm money.

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
k_mihai
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 22:54:21 PM »

in R10, as in R25, i built my first two provinces only with 800 spears + 200 archers (upgraded with 500 swords when targets built better forts) 
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 23:03:56 PM »

Hey, i know you got lots of knowledge, can you tell me how many rams i need to take out a lvl 3 fort? Huh?

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 23:08:12 PM »

Use the battle calculator *Smiley*

I am the one and only!
bolin
YoUr MoThEr!
Sergeant

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 23:12:01 PM »

hehe, sorry, i never thought of that!  *pardon*

DaMoGLiMaN, MaTaNdOlOs
Arkasi
Private

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 23:20:35 PM »

that`s not true. i ordered my second province at 150 p in R25, and the 3rd at 300 p

fortunately, there were players who followed king john or Arkasi strategy, gathering gold for provinces. i just come and took those *Grin*

moreover, even in normal realms, Arkasi is wrong, one can`t build one province only with centralization 1. 500 spears/archers are also required, so actually the second province is more expensive than he realize. This means that granaries lv 5-7 should be built before ordering the second province *Grin* 

Edit
aaa, i forgot to say that a good farmer always has at least 50 archers before reaching 50 p, so, a second province will all requirements will push his point a little higher than 50

I got my 2nd province +50 archers as defense below 50 points and i m playing realm 4 like king john. This is absolutly no problem, if you foccus on this target so you cant take my gold, which i saved for it. After i went over 50p, i have lvl 2 fort and short time later lvl 3 and until now, nobody attacked my walls.

Maybe there is a misunderstoodment, i m playing on a normal realm with old centralisation costs. If costs are ~50k, its not good to play like i said above.
k_mihai
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 23:26:53 PM »

@bolin, 10 rams if is in plains and 1000 swords, but radooo is right, check also with the siege calc

@Arkasi, u still need archers in those forts (maybe u had, but since i saw too many people with undefended forts, gathering money for centralization, i thought i had to mention). and r4 now is no pretty competitive, i think i was attacked 5 times until now

Arkasi
Private

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 23:34:00 PM »

@Arkasi, u still need archers in those forts (maybe u had, but since i saw too many people with undefended forts, gathering money for centralization, i thought i had to mention). and r4 now is no pretty competitive, i think i was attacked 5 times until now

I had 50 Archers and its true, there are not that many incoming attacks on r4, but maybe attackers see only better targets. Why risk some soldiers, if you can get same amount (or more) from other players, which have no defense?
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 23:34:44 PM »

I had 50 Archers and its true, there are not that many incoming attacks on r4, but maybe attackers see only better targets. Why risk some soldiers, if you can get same amount (or more) from other players, which have no defense?

Maybe because you can get a medal? *pardon* *pardon*

I am the one and only!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: