Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 16:51:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategy  (Read 9756 times)
Godmode
Private

« on: January 17, 2008, 16:53:55 PM »

What is the best strategy for a beginner?
and some tips on how to make my economy grow faster?
Leila
Wicked Fairy
Lieutenant

Fire & Blood!

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 20:05:24 PM »

I personally start with 5-6 granaries and medicine 2 + fort 3 in most of the cases; then go for the second province - my choice is to take the resources from other players - build 1000 soldiers (I prefer to have some swords in my first army) and attack, attack, attack *Tongue*
other option is to just wait for the resources to gather with your fort 3 and some archers inside (kinda unsafe, but saves expenses for fort4 and it's prerequested technologies)
much safer is to build fort4 (again with archers for garrison) and then wait for the resources (but it's much slower approach due to the high cost of fort and also some expenses for military architecture/fortification)
safest way is to stay below 50 points and use 10 hour income from credits + 4 hour income from voting to gather the needed resources (IMO the lamest approach - very slow and boring)
of course these are standart approaches ;] you can use your imagination to improve/modify them *Smiley* or use completely different strategy...after all everyone is playing for fun *Smiley* even though ranks are also important :p

of course the last 3 options are good if you don't waste net points for stupid stuff *Smiley* it's also important what's the total progress of the era ;p coz one thing is to have the first fort4 in realm when players still don't have rams...other is to have it later when there are players who gathered large enough army to destroy it with minimal losses ;]

///edit

and for beginners I suggest to join in realm which is 2-4 weeks old, where they can find many gold mines for easy cash and less enemies to prevent you from growing; take your time tolearn the basics of the game (1-2 months should be more than enough for that)...to see how things work , what the game is all about, how people react on different events and stuff like that :]] after you're no longer "beginner" you can try from day 1 in other realm *Smiley*
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 20:09:00 PM by Leila » Logged

I am the storm I am the wonder
And the flashlights nightmares
And sudden explosions...

I don't know what more to ask for
I was given just one wish
k_mihai
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 20:13:20 PM »

see, i told u that u were a thief *Tongue*

i`ll start with a small army 800 sp + 200 archers and put swords later, because of the risk of growing too much and losing targets (and granaries 7:P).

fort 3 + archers can be broken with 1000 swords and 10 rams, so don`t rely on it too much. u can build a lv 4 fort, or have high level depots.   
Leila
Wicked Fairy
Lieutenant

Fire & Blood!

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 20:25:35 PM »

1000 swords + 10 rams = 200+ points ;] fort 3 with 400 archers is much less :] time and networth are of paramount importance ;] central 1 = 100000 GE vs. 1000 swords/10 rams = 101250 GE ;p -> you'll need more time to obtain such army than to start centralization ;o + with such army you'll be most likely 200+ points, while with just fort 3 and archers you can stay in 50-80 *Smiley*
in the fort 3 case it's very bad decision to hire small portions of soldiers or to order unnecessary buildings/researches - both will boost your networth and expose your empire to unhealthy attention.

of course putting spears in the fort is prohibited by me...you don't obey -> I come and you lose easily  *Grin*

btw mihai, how you manage to keep your karma so balanced *sad*(( every time I look at it the difference between + and - is not more than 2 ...and quite often they're equal :]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 20:27:37 PM by Leila » Logged

And sudden explosions...

k_mihai
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 21:12:16 PM »

yeah, i know that *Tongue* that`a why i only have a few swords in R25. but is good for him to know that ft 3 are not invincible

dunno, i`m a controversial figure, many like me and dislike me, is kind of kool  *rose*
Foundation
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 23:11:51 PM »

Getting fort 6 is much safer, but that's far in the future... *Smiley*

Foundation
citral
Captain

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 01:41:35 AM »

I start with granary's 6. Then get 2nd P, and also get granary 6 there. Then save for 3rdP. After that I start med. And get plainds in the beginning, for optimal growth.
Godmode
Private

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 06:19:02 AM »

to get the 2nd province do i need to have centralization lv1?and 500 archers?
Godmode
Private

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 06:21:06 AM »

tnx for the replies   *Smiley* *Smiley*
citral
Captain

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 21:20:46 PM »

to get the 2nd province do i need to have centralization lv1?and 500 archers?
yes, or 500 spearmen.
Arkasi
Private

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 13:18:16 PM »

What is the best strategy for a beginner?
and some tips on how to make my economy grow faster?

If you wanna get your eco growing faster, forget all Leila said.

Economy means population, so your most important target is a 2nd province (plains prefered). This will need a bit time, because centralisation has high building costs at start and you need also 500 archers/spearman, but after you got it, you ll start with some resources in your new province, so centralisation isnt that expensive at all.

Dont build up granarries at lvl 6 at start, its too expensive and not worth. You would get only 1,2 more people per hour, but a new province will give you 36 per hour, if its a plain province. This means, if you get a 2nd province 1 hour earlier it has same effect than 30 hours of owning 1 lvl granarry.

At start, you should build a fortress lvl 1 first. Than granarry lvl 4, than build all you need to get a new province. Colonizing with Archers is cheaper than with spearmen and spearman are a bit sensless at start - also for attacking, but you ll need them later --> build them later.
After you got your 2nd province, go for granrries lvl 5 in both provinces and if you can afford it with no problem, go for lvl 6.
Medicine is only expensive, but not powerfull at start. It will raise your populationgrow 5%, but your grow is so low, that its better to wait a bit. I never research it until i got uni lvl 4.

University and Architecture are very important in this game, so you should try to raise them often. Best is, if you build in waves. You start raising uni, make some researches and then you raise architecture at same lvl. Then you build.
kingjohn
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 15:14:18 PM »

make sure you pillage your neighbour real fast for medal and get the gold for your provinces. I recommend pillaging.
Arkasi
Private

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 16:28:04 PM »

make sure you pillage your neighbour real fast for medal and get the gold for your provinces. I recommend pillaging.

You are the first farmer i met, who recommends pillaging  *Grin*
Leila
Wicked Fairy
Lieutenant

Fire & Blood!

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 16:43:37 PM »

and you are the first farmer who recommends not building granaries/meds *Grin* the question was how to boost not how to slow down hhahaha:] waiting without fights = poor start ;] battles + reinvesting in economy = good start ( how good depends mostly on luck - you don't secelt you neighbours...sometimes there is plenty of gold, sometimes barely enough to start central before peaceful players *Smiley* but still it's much better to have higher granaries/meds and second prov before pure farmers)  ...so for me arkasi suggestion is very lame *Smiley* and game results support me...

pillaging works fine in realms with cheap centralization, but for the new rules it's not so good :] better do 3-4 attacks for 10-20k gold each - much faster and more profitable *Grin* especially in blitz

And sudden explosions...

kingjohn
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 17:01:45 PM »

and you are the first farmer who recommends not building granaries/meds *Grin* the question was how to boost not how to slow down hhahaha:] waiting without fights = poor start ;] battles + reinvesting in economy = good start ( how good depends mostly on luck - you don't secelt you neighbours...sometimes there is plenty of gold, sometimes barely enough to start central before peaceful players *Smiley* but still it's much better to have higher granaries/meds and second prov before pure farmers)  ...so for me arkasi suggestion is very lame *Smiley* and game results support me...

pillaging works fine in realms with cheap centralization, but for the new rules it's not so good :] better do 3-4 attacks for 10-20k gold each - much faster and more profitable *Grin* especially in blitz

pillaging so you can get 3-4 easy medals and get gold to get your provinces real fast.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: