Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 01:09:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do u think that someone who was hacked and thrown away for his alliance should be allowed to return?  (Voting closed: February 15, 2008, 13:41:44 PM)
Yes - 15 (65.2%)
No - 7 (30.4%)
Dunno - 1 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About hacking  (Read 11778 times)
renis
Tricky Knight
Lieutenant

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 00:44:28 AM »

actually not. hacking is used also for obtaining illegal passes for one accounts. sometimes, cracking is used in the same sense (it actually mean to break, or fracture ...), so, u are not really telling anything *Grin* and a sense of a word is given by its use, not by authorities *Grin*

Well... you can define your own "definitions", but hacking and cracking were never used in that mode. There are too many individuals (even businesses) that make the same error. They try to use their own definitions, before they make them standards (by making their self authorities, or certifying their definitions to authorities)

You can use it in whatever mode you want, but that means you are out of standard. And looking that you are not authority in this field, you will be simply not out of "business".

P.S.
A definition used wrongly by too many persons, don't make it right (or standard). It's a question of time before that "definition' will disappear.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message.
k_mihai
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 01:00:58 AM »

there are no right, real definitions. all are conventions *Grin* and the standard is the usage, not some absolute meaning, a thing in itself. and sicne a lot of people use hacking and cracking like a did, ur definitions are not well suited *Grin*

u like many people who studied philosophy that i know, confuse substance (or subject) with form, and jump into boring discussions about definitions which leads nowhere 
stud
proud leader of PREDATORS
Colonel

yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawww

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2008, 01:02:39 AM »

boring discussions about definitions which leads nowhere

and yet this one is still going on... *tired* *tired* *tired*
 *Grin*

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say are you going to drink that? *beer*
k_mihai
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 03:01:54 AM »

and yet this one is still going on... *tired* *tired* *tired*
 *Grin*

i`m snobish. what i said is also a philosophical position *Grin* (inspired by Charles Peirce and Ludwig Wittgenstein)

and is a good way to avoid an unending cycle of definitions, but i`ll stop with the definition issue *Grin*
stud
proud leader of PREDATORS
Colonel

yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawww

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 11:35:04 AM »

yay *dance*

*Grin*

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say are you going to drink that? *beer*
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: