Imperia Online International
April 27, 2024, 16:30:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do u think that someone who was hacked and thrown away for his alliance should be allowed to return?  (Voting closed: February 15, 2008, 13:41:44 PM)
Yes - 15 (65.2%)
No - 7 (30.4%)
Dunno - 1 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About hacking  (Read 11774 times)
k_mihai
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 15:23:15 PM »

And you are always again any official statement

nope, only when i think is wrong

come on mihai... that's BS... but how easy is it to say that your account has been hacked so you can join an alliance you left? it would only cause more cheating IMHO.

hacking cases must be proven and the one accused should be considered innocent until proven otherwise (presumption of innocence).
but that doesn`t mean that the victim should be considered guilty and forced to prove his innocence (those are contraposed sentences, which means if the first is true, then the second holds too). 

so, is easy to say anything, but if u say that u were hacked and u were not, then obviously u shouldn`t be allowed to rejoin ur alliance...

unproven hacking will always be a problem, but nothing is perfect

hacking is always a bad thing... just like stealing is always a bad thing... but it's my responsibility to keep my wallet save *wink*

that`s not relevant, or the second part of ur statement has no effect on the first. it doesn`t matter if u keep ur wallet save or not (using italics or not also), a robbery is still a robbery.  and if the police finds the thief, with proofs and all related things,  why not return the money .... 

yes mihai... you are wrong...  *crazy* official positions are always correct!  *wink*

rake, i`m never wrong  *Grin* (jk ofc)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 15:29:21 PM by k_mihai » Logged
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 15:31:50 PM »

hacking cases must be proven and the one accused should be considered innocent until proven otherwise (presumption of innocence).
but that doesn`t mean that the victim should be considered guilty and forced to prove his innocence (those are contraposed sentences, which means if the first is true, then the second holds too). 

everyone is considered innocent until proven otherwise... you're absolutely right in that... but if I go to the police now and say my bicycle is gone and I gave all my friends a spare-key... and I don't know if they copied the key to others as well... so I don't know for sure who took the bicycle... they'll tell me that it's my responsibility...

that`s not relevant, or the second part of ur statement has no effect on the first. it doesn`t matter if u keep ur wallet save or not (using italics or not also), a robbery is still a robbery.  and if the police finds the thief, with proofs and all related things,  why not return the money .... 

it's not irrelevant IMO... hacking is kinda similar to stealing... but if the police can't find the thief; there's no way my money will return... it's the same here... if they can find the thief (hacker) they will punish him/her... but if they can't find the thief; there's no way to get your money back...
Rake
Private

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 15:44:18 PM »

you think so??? I disagree! *Lips Sealed* *hihi*
I doubt you do...  *pardon*

rake, i`m never wrong  *Grin* (jk ofc)

not ever?  what are you looking for? *Lips Sealed*

everyone is considered innocent until proven otherwise... you're absolutely right in that... but if I go to the police now and say my bicycle is gone and I gave all my friends a spare-key... and I don't know if they copied the key to others as well... so I don't know for sure who took the bicycle... they'll tell me that it's my responsibility...

it's not irrelevant IMO... hacking is kinda similar to stealing... but if the police can't find the thief; there's no way my money will return... it's the same here... if they can find the thief (hacker) they will punish him/her... but if they can't find the thief; there's no way to get your money back...
its a stupid comparation... here they have backups they can easelly put everything back. even when hackers disband armys and alliances.

On the winners side!
k_mihai
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 15:55:51 PM »

everyone is considered innocent until proven otherwise... you're absolutely right in that... but if I go to the police now and say my bicycle is gone and I gave all my friends a spare-key... and I don't know if they copied the key to others as well... so I don't know for sure who took the bicycle... they'll tell me that it's my responsibility....

u said otherwise
how can you possibly proof the password wasn't shared? that's the problem!
that means guilty until proven innocent....

nope, it they steal ur bycycle, they are still thiefs. and read again this post
good, let me rephrase for u the question. if someone`s account was hacked, and the pass wasn`t shared,  should the person be able to return to his former alliance?

for this:

read again my post

so, is easy to say anything, but if u say that u were hacked and u were not, then obviously u shouldn`t be allowed to rejoin ur alliance...

zorzal
Private

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 16:20:01 PM »

You are missing the point, if someone enter in another account, if you see that the other person is from another country, disband army, and left an alliance, all without any good reason, and later the owner of the account tell to the admins than he was hacked, and the admin don't have any probe that he shared his pass, (cause you must prove positive acts and not negatives!) why that player, who besides probably lost his army and resources, must be punished losing his alliance?, that a silly rule and must be changed, isn't matter if it is a bad pass or not, nobody must receive an extra punish, and nobody must enter in other people accounts! grretings
Rake
Private

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 19:05:27 PM »

ots not a rulle zorzal, thats what usually happens, they have never fixed an account after it got hacked. but thats not written anywhere. I just would like to know why dont they fix it? its not so hard! but even worse, in case of bugs, theres a person among us that his army jusr vanished. it was a bug, and he never got it back... even worse he never got a simple ansewr from administration... and could could easelly check backups and restore his account.

On the winners side!
LuBu
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 20:25:02 PM »

I vote for no!
renis
Tricky Knight
Lieutenant

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 16:58:28 PM »

First of all, we must correct the subject of this thread. All cases i see here are not hacking at all. They lost their password in one mode or another.  You can even loose your email password, and a "bad person" use that to retrieve your password of IO.

Hacking means that a person using a bug in the system, is able to interfere in it, or take the credentials they don't belong. The word hacker was also confused from general books or movies, because they often identified it as a password finder. Generally hacker just don't care about user passwords, because if they are able to hack admin user account, they can do everything they want. If somebody here pretends his account was really hacked, then admins will simply look at their accounts first. Because generally the same bug works for users and admins in the same time. If they have admin rights, why they should care to hack your account?  *Grin*

I voted "Dunno", because i don't like this rule, but not because the passwords can be "hacked". That is not a justification. What happens if you loose you credit card with the PIN code wrote to a piece of paper among other things in your portfolio ? Do you think the bank will refund you?  *pardon*

And is the credit card finder (or stealer) a hacker?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 17:05:26 PM by renis » Logged

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message.
k_mihai
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 09:57:27 AM »

First of all, we must correct the subject of this thread. All cases i see here are not hacking at all. They lost their password in one mode or another.  You can even loose your email password, and a "bad person" use that to retrieve your password of IO.

Hacking means that a person using a bug in the system, is able to interfere in it, or take the credentials they don't belong. The word hacker was also confused from general books or movies, because they often identified it as a password finder. Generally hacker just don't care about user passwords, because if they are able to hack admin user account, they can do everything they want. If somebody here pretends his account was really hacked, then admins will simply look at their accounts first. Because generally the same bug works for users and admins in the same time. If they have admin rights, why they should care to hack your account?  *Grin*

I voted "Dunno", because i don't like this rule, but not because the passwords can be "hacked". That is not a justification. What happens if you loose you credit card with the PIN code wrote to a piece of paper among other things in your portfolio ? Do you think the bank will refund you?  *pardon*

And is the credit card finder (or stealer) a hacker?

nope, it also means cracking an account *Grin*
renis
Tricky Knight
Lieutenant

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 18:12:52 PM »

nope, it also means cracking an account *Grin*

Wrong... completely

Cracking is a word used in softwares (generally has nothing to do with the network, users and pass)

It means reverse engineering a software (in assembly language generally), modifying the source and recompiling it again. One of the well known cracking points is to turn an evaluation software in a fully functional one. But there also other points... (list is long)

k_mihai
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 21:24:07 PM »

nope actually  *Grin* and debating about definitions is stupid *Grin*
renis
Tricky Knight
Lieutenant

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 21:47:43 PM »

nope actually  *Grin* and debating about definitions is stupid *Grin*

There is no discussion about definitions. Definitions are created and maintained from authorities of that field. Now, please don't ask me how authorities are defined  *Grin*

So, i'm not discussing them. I am telling, what they are indeed.

renis
Tricky Knight
Lieutenant

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2008, 21:49:01 PM »

There is no discussion about definitions. Definitions are created and maintained from authorities of that field. They spread the definition. Of course there are other funds of spread, but always an authority of a kind or another is needed. Now, please don't ask me how authorities are defined  *Grin*

k_mihai
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2008, 21:56:30 PM »

There is no discussion about definitions. Definitions are created and maintained from authorities of that field. Now, please don't ask me how authorities are defined  *Grin*

actually not. hacking is used also for obtaining illegal passes for one accounts. sometimes, cracking is used in the same sense (it actually mean to break, or fracture ...), so, u are not really telling anything *Grin* and a sense of a word is given by its use, not by authorities *Grin*
Xpertiza
Hardcore !
Sergeant

who cares

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2008, 22:11:52 PM »

why yes ? because this can be an excuse for any player , " ah we have a war , i leave and after war ends i complain on the forum that i was hacked and problem is solved " this is not fair for the res of the player. a resolve for this problem is by increasing security when login

if I go down, remember me with the good boys
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: