Imperia Online International
April 24, 2024, 20:39:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking accounts  (Read 20911 times)
k_mihai
« on: January 15, 2008, 12:20:07 PM »

i just noticed that hacking accounts has become widespread in IO. there were some disparate cases until now, but it already extend itself to r2 and now, to r4. if this think continue, and affects even more, IO will suffer a lot (players quitting, era ruined). already, people have abandoned r2 because of that. i think that security issue is more important than new reals+rules, the 6 hour thing, alliance system or other innovations admins are working on now.   
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 12:21:24 PM by k_mihai » Logged
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 12:33:34 PM »

what a coincidence! I wrote a topic about this this morning in mod-area... please contact me in pm if your account has been hacked... admins say that only very easy passwords are hacked or players give their passwords to others... but actually I'm very sceptical about that... so if your account was hacked and you had a hard to guess password and you didn't give it to anyone; please contact me in pm...

Stop the hacking!!!
Rake
Private

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 13:09:27 PM »

I dont know if its so hard to hack... I seriouslly doubt, but I have 2 friends that are programers and 1 that soon will be, so I am going to ask their opinion!

On the winners side!
k_mihai
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 13:12:46 PM »

there was a guy name Antimage in R4 who complained to my allies that his account has been hacked and his army disbanded.

even if one has a strong pass, keeps it secret, and change it often (even if is a game, not a nuclear arsenal), it won`t help if the security is weak here, like is rumored (and too many people already heard that already). 

edit
strong pass means a keyword randomly selected, using different types of keys (letter, numbers, special characters, since some hacking programs use dictionaries), and over 6 keys passwords 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 13:57:23 PM by k_mihai » Logged
Rake
Private

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 13:28:02 PM »

I would need someone to hack my account... I dont know my own password...  Huh?

On the winners side!
k_mihai
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 13:47:49 PM »

I dont know if its so hard to hack... I seriouslly doubt, but I have 2 friends that are programers and 1 that soon will be, so I am going to ask their opinion!

yes, i did the same
dusmas
Private

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 23:24:16 PM »

watch this about hacking accounts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEGFovLwz9w&feature=related

In bed my real love has always been the sleep that rescued me by allowing me to dream.
Rake
Private

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 01:25:11 AM »

ahah damm hackers...

PS - the music is so cool... is it offspring right?

On the winners side!
_zepovinho
Private

In the shadow, waiting, to kill you !!

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 02:50:47 AM »

i just noticed that hacking accounts has become widespread in IO. there were some disparate cases until now, but it already extend itself to r2 and now, to r4. if this think continue, and affects even more, IO will suffer a lot (players quitting, era ruined). already, people have abandoned r2 because of that. i think that security issue is more important than new reals+rules, the 6 hour thing, alliance system or other innovations admins are working on now.   
you ve reason this hackers really suck, +1 karma for you
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 13:19:24 PM »

i have idea how to earn money. hack accounts and selling people their passwords back. i guess thats a future. *Smiley* this is a joke so you dont need to start shouting at me. i know that hacking is a problem, like all cheating in this game. but there will always be people trying not to play by the rules. *sad*
First fix security issues then new rules in the game. *Smiley*

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
k_mihai
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 13:26:28 PM »

hmm, maybe it would be a good idea to ban those hackers
carman
Lieutenant

blue death

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 23:35:26 PM »

should be some kinda priority to stop hackers before cheaters take over the game and money payers stop paying. *Angry*

renis
Tricky Knight
Lieutenant

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 15:24:43 PM »

@Rake

No need to ask your friends. My profession is a programmer, and the only fault of IO (and every other website) is if they have not checked their scripts for SQL injection (generally are badly programmed scripts). I checked some of them, just for your curiosity, and you can be sure they are safe.

P.S.
If you want to know more about SQL injection, then google a little bit

@dusmas

That video is a joke (ridiculous). If you really want a program like that (the kid was using in the screen), i can do one for you in less then 20 minutes and send it to you by email.
That program is simply posting (POST method) http data, just like Internet Explorer or any other browser does when you write your username/password somewhere.
The only difference, is that it has a cycle to try as many passwords as possible (for every combination). This process is called "brute force". It looks good, but has a problem... if your password has more then 4 letters, then he needs so much time, that is more possible that "hacker" will die, before the program will find the password.  *Grin*

To make you understand something. Search for RAR password hacker in google and download one. There are tons of them. And see how much time is needed (without considering any network latency, which is a big factor in your case) to find a 5 letters password.  *bravo*

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message.
Darkcelt00
Private

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 17:09:30 PM »

People who hack accounts are sad I mean the can build an army to face there enemies so they sabotage there enemies by hacking there accounts and by the way who was the guy who invented that thing for hacking because I think that that guy SUCKS! rant rant
ungas
Private

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 14:46:03 PM »

it is never been invented, it is in the nature of a human being to explore new things.....  *hahaha*
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 14:46:38 PM by ungas » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: