Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 19:28:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voice in the desert  (Read 16965 times)
k_mihai
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 17:15:01 PM »

how many elite players (that pay to play) have left the game in the past 3 months??? think about it!

i usually don`t agree with rake, but here, he has a point. or put it different, how many old players left the game recently....

or the description of finance, i don`t think that it was difficult to change it either...

also, in new realms, like r25, the description for basic costs of centralization is still the old one that`s why sometimes appear posts like centralization bug
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 17:20:20 PM by k_mihai » Logged
Rake
Private

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 17:21:21 PM »

i usually don`t agree with rake, but here, he has a point. or put it different, how many old players left the game recently....

or the description of finance, i don`t think that it was difficult to change it either...

also, in new realms, like r25, the description for basic costs of centralization is still the old one that`s why sometimes appear posts like centralization bug
you would always agree with me if I was posting seriouslly as I am now... but wheres the fun of that?  *bear* and no one cares when we talk seriouslly, so better have fun instead!  *pardon*

r25??  *Shocked* *Shocked* *Shocked*

anyway my question was. how old is that description?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 17:22:44 PM by Rake » Logged

On the winners side!
nasio
Captain

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 17:24:02 PM »

well,,spamming is the medication for this desease *Grin*
k_mihai
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 17:30:44 PM »

yes, realms with new rules http://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=3445.0

old, like in traditional realms. is the same price for centralization like in r5 etc realms, "Wood: 30`000; Iron: 2`000; Stone: 20`000; Gold: 60`000", but, on description it is said 800 wood, 100 iron, 400 stone, 1900 gold. the same old description is also on r5, r6, etc, everyone knows about it, but no one changed it... so we had like a zillion centralization bug posts until now

the baking description (sorry for the finance, influence of the GIO translation). it says there that loans can be returned earlier and that each level gives 1% of the gold stored in capital. both don`t work in years, but the description is still the same.

and ofc there are topics with complaints about production, since there were production bugs in all realms (more realms, more complaints...). same for armies blocked 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 17:38:51 PM by k_mihai » Logged
Nebthe
Forum Staff

I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it!

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 17:41:40 PM »

The problem with that description is probably the fact that all descriptions are loaded from one place for all realms. Making different different descriptions for different realms probably means allocating new storage space or softs or whatever they do with stuff like that (which they should do anyway in my opinion and hope they will do it sometime).

I need a new signature, no one knows who that spanish dude is....  *Undecided*
k_mihai
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 17:49:12 PM »

i also thought about that, but description for unit requirements are changed (like armor 14 for pals instead of armor 10), so i don`t see why centralization`s description can`t be changed. old bugs in new realms..

or, remember that fuzz about vac mode during r4 last era, it caused a big scandal just because of one outdated text...  and was changed only because of that scandal...

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 17:54:44 PM by k_mihai » Logged
kingjohn
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 18:03:35 PM »

hey polish200, I kind of missed you. You have been quiet the last few days.
isolde
Addict for life
Forum Staff

Η ευτυχία ανήκει στους αυτάρκης

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 18:18:29 PM »

To Neb, Hiske and all the other mods who care: I know how it feels. I would do it too. Not for the credits, or the power or a stupid badge, I would answer question for the millionth time, read spamming posts to get to the serious once. But for what ? I know moderators care about the game but what can YOU do ? Answer the question of the 800 trebs sent with 1000 spearmen.

Two months ago Hiske asked me for a list of players in realm 4 who had fake medals. I gave it to her within an hour. I am sure she reported it to Xaoc or Support ASAP. Did it get fixed ? No. Why? Was it so hard to fix or admins just didnt care? I dont know but since noone even wrote a post like "this is hard to correct" I assume they just didnt care. Which was naturally disappointing because I wasted my time and I thought it would at least be WORTH something. It is this kind of attitude that I am talking about, that makes players feel like they are being ignored. 

I wish admins could improve communication. It would really help, help players feel like they were a part of the game, I think. Now I feel more like a guinea pig, every once in a while the admins get a great idea and decide to experiment with it in another 10 new realms. Remember how "bot check" started ? All of a sudden one night the clock appeared cause admins decided they needed to stop autorefreshers, I guess. Just as suddenly it disappeared one day (together with the 6hrs offline in GI) and to my question - WHY, stacy just said - "it is not needed at this stage of the game". Well,ok, I will just wait patiently one day till you decide what's needed.

Do something. Fix old bugs before you make new changes. Listen to your mods, to your players. Announce changes, ask for players opinion. Just care. If someone writes you 10 emails after his army disappeared at least reply and say - you wont get it back. Be professional about this game, dont take it as a given that just because so many people play, it will be the same tomorrow.
k_mihai
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 18:27:52 PM »

plus that, no one expects a flawless game. but at least, some things, well known, can be changed, and with not a big effort. at least, it will not leave the impression of ignoring

i really don`t want to think what will happen if the 6h rule will be removed... probably, only cheaters who don`t know how to cheat will be caught
Rakii
Captain

Clitz Lickerz Clubz

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 19:04:02 PM »

Let me share my opinion to this serious matter.. i may not know the whole story about this game, i admit im new to this game and i just played last era on R4.

I havent seen an RPG without complains. I roam forums from different RPG. I was once a revolutionist too from my other game and once i even paid someone to hack the entire forum of the game - just to recognize my complain. Well they listened to me after the hacking.

This game is cool but people sometimes misunderstood the how the game works. Neb is right, its not an easy task to watch every motion of players, to look on the infiltration of bugs, to listen to suggestions. Yet these admins are trying to make this game playable favoring most of the players benefits. Maybe they (admins) priority catching cheaters for the mean time, fixing bugs takes a lot of time - its not easy as clicking attack button, listening to suggestion and putting it into game also require a lot of time.

Be patient - it was the last era's lesson i learned. Isolde i played with you last era with the same alliance - you helped me a lot by answering my stupid noobish questions and i thank you for that. But did you ever thank them (admin) when they caught you babysitting? Did you ever praise thier works when they caught cheaters right after a short year end vacation?

Admins are doing theyre job but its not that easy. I know admins dont want to have a revolution or players to quit. We just need a little patient.

just my 2 cents

Bankai
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 19:07:08 PM »

Do something. Fix old bugs before you make new changes. Listen to your mods, to your players. Announce changes, ask for players opinion. Just care. If someone writes you 10 emails after his army disappeared at least reply and say - you wont get it back. Be professional about this game, dont take it as a given that just because so many people play, it will be the same tomorrow.

*ok*

I completely agree... but like I said; lately there are some important discussions in mod-area... for example the plan was to change the attacking-rule so that you can attack everyone over 50/60k... some mods really opposed to that and that rule is not implemented (for now)... right now we're discussing the alliance-ranking-system... so finally I have the feeling that at least people listen and care about the opinion of mods and players (cause I read everything what is written in this forum and I will base my opinion and posts in mod-area on that...)

and apart from the things that should be changed; I'm also convinced that 'the team' cares about the game; they love the game at least as much as you and I and they are working extremely hard to make this game work...
k_mihai
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 19:46:44 PM »

Let me share my opinion to this serious matter.. i may not know the whole story about this game, i admit im new to this game and i just played last era on R4.

I havent seen an RPG without complains. I roam forums from different RPG. I was once a revolutionist too from my other game and once i even paid someone to hack the entire forum of the game - just to recognize my complain. Well they listened to me after the hacking.

This game is cool but people sometimes misunderstood the how the game works. Neb is right, its not an easy task to watch every motion of players, to look on the infiltration of bugs, to listen to suggestions. Yet these admins are trying to make this game playable favoring most of the players benefits.

yes, but some changes are from the start with bad results, like that clock was.

for example, one of the reasons i play in r25 is to prove that the 5x rule is a very bad thing (i`ll farm in a way, then crush all small players).
Rake
Private

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 20:26:08 PM »

ok, what comes to my mind at this point of conversation is:

who is the admins staff?? how many?? do they work?? seriouslly... what has ever been changed on this game besides stupid things like putting or taking out a clock!? I have never seen a bug being repaired. I have never seen a cheater, beside the stupid ones being caught. so, what is the administration doing all day?

On the winners side!
k_mihai
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 20:31:05 PM »

rake, don`t overreact, they work. for example, there are usually a lot of admins in GIO, and there, they are more communicative than here (probably because is a new game and there are not many mods available) 
Rake
Private

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2008, 20:39:25 PM »

but I play IO, not GI. if they need more staff to play GI, hire them! and I am not over reacting. I am doing some simple questions. cause I dont see any work here. and I dont think the problem is in comunication. admins dont even need to come to the forum, though it would be nice. the problem IMO is on the their work. cause its inexistent. many bugs, many cheaters, many complains and its always the same.

On the winners side!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: