Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 19:33:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fortress siege  (Read 3565 times)
Capnak
Private

« on: September 21, 2015, 14:06:24 PM »

Guys I need to know why I always fail in fortress siege it's realy depressing  recently I attacked a fortress of lvl 5...  With a much larger force than the army garrisond in it the enemy had lvl 5 fortress...  Lvl 2curten walls...  Lvl 2 moat...  And lvl 3 towers...  I had  12 battering rams...  3000 swordsmen...  3000 cavalry...  400 Spearman...  1500archers.... As the enemy had only 600 troops inside..  I still lost!!!!!!  This is insane please tell me the reason and how to over come these so I can attack and develop
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 13:21:29 PM »

Hello Capnak,

It is useful to have a couple of things in mind:
- The attacking army suffers damages and morale losses from the units shooting from the garrison and built towers. If there are towers, even if the fortress garrison is empty, they will inflict damages to the attacker’s front line which is advancing towards the fortress wall, causing 7 morale points drop each round to the units consisting this line. After passing the 50 points of the morale, there is a chance progressively increasing by 2% with every Morale point below 50 for your army to flee.
(If this line is destroyed, then the towers switch their attack on the third line of the attacker where his siege machines are deployed. In case this line is destroyed as well, the towers switch to their final target - the second line of the attacking army where archers are deployed.)
- Swordsmen and Spearmen are the only units, except the siege engines, inflicting damage to the Fortress wall. The number of allowed units in a Fortress siege is 3 times the Fortress garrison (the basic one, Military Architecture is not accounted), selecting always the swordsmen first and then the spearmen and always starting from the heaviest unit in regression. The rest of the army in first line wait in reserve to complete the places of killed attacking soldiers.
- Battering Rams are limited by the same principal, but their quota is calculated separately, i.e. they don’t occupy Infantry’s places, but their allowed number is equal to the Infantry number divided by the number of people required for Battering Ram recruitment.
- The number of siege engines (without Battering rams), firing the wall, depends on Fortress’ level. Even if you send more siege machines, only the number allowed by the Fortress level will fire. More information is available at http://www95.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game_v6/game/help/?section=military&lang=en&speed=2#table-military_145

You'll find more information about the Fortress siege process in Fortress siege at http://www95.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game_v6/game/help/?section=military&lang=en&speed=2#military_56. If you want to receive more information about a particular battle you've conducted, feel free to contact us and we'll check. The name of your account, realm and date and time of the battle will be necessary for this kind of check.

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: