Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 11:36:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Farm Output Bonus Not Visible  (Read 5336 times)
Nasai
Private

« on: October 25, 2015, 14:22:02 PM »

The flat (non-percentage) farm output random tile bonus is not appearing on the global map in the web client. This does not appear to affect the mobile versions.

Another minor issue with tile bonuses on the global map, which I do not recall being present prior to the global map overhaul, is that the random bonuses no longer appear on the tiles that you've annexed when you hover over them.

These problems appear to be strictly in the GUI and all bonuses appear to be functioning properly.
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 11:22:36 AM »

Hello Nasai,

Any annexed or colonized terrain (except neutral terrains) brings different bonuses and one additional random bonus. The bonus which gives from 10 000 to 40 000 to farm capacity is also a random bonus. These bonuses are not visible in the tooltips of the terrains in the web version, also they are not present when you open a terrain in the mobile applications. When you choose to annex/colonize a terrain, the random bonus for this terrain is listed below the basic bonuses from the terrain in the annex/colonization window. You can send the coordinates of the terrain where you've noticed the reported problem, number of the realm and a picture/screenshot of the bonuses you see, so we could check the particular terrain.

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
Nasai
Private

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 11:35:43 AM »

These bonuses are not visible in the tooltips of the terrains in the web version, also they are not present when you open a terrain in the mobile applications.

This is incorrect. As I stated before, all random bonuses appear as expected in the mobile versions, and only the absolute farm bonus appears to be missing in the web client. I have compiled a collection of images depicting this. In all of the following images, the web client is on the left, the Windows Phone app is in the center, and the Android app is on the right:

Absolute farm bonus missing from tooltip:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FE4B2906A39F549B!440662&authkey=!ADXHgO6paPFfe0U&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

An additional case, where if the random bonus happens to be a resource production bonus, the bonus is shown as a sum of the random bonus and tile type's regular production bonus on the web client, where the mobile clients show them as separate bonuses:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FE4B2906A39F549B!440663&authkey=!ADluIW-s4LBMpJo&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

And finally, this screenshot shows the Infantry Training bonus working on all clients as expected:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FE4B2906A39F549B!440664&authkey=!AEOQKKUow42q7s4&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:36:34 AM by Nasai » Logged
Nasai
Private

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 09:53:31 AM »

Was this helpful?
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 13:09:08 PM »

Hello Nasai,

Your information has been very helpful, thank you. I apologize for the delayed reply. The absolute farm bonus should be visible in the tooltip of the terrain of the web version, our developers are working on resolving this issue.

An additional case, where if the random bonus happens to be a resource production bonus, the bonus is shown as a sum of the random bonus and tile type's regular production bonus on the web client, where the mobile clients show them as separate bonuses:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FE4B2906A39F549B!440663&authkey=!ADluIW-s4LBMpJo&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng
This is not a bug, the separate values of the resource production bonuses are shown separately in the annex/colonization window.

Angela

Facebook Fan Page
Nasai
Private

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 03:43:57 AM »

This is not a bug, the separate values of the resource production bonuses are shown separately in the annex/colonization window.

Perhaps not a bug, but it did show them separately on the tooltip 2 months ago before the world map overhaul. In terms of the overall user experience, I think it was more clear to always show the random bonuses separately from what they might stack with. While I do enjoy math, I shouldn't have to do any in order to identify how much of a random production bonus a given tile has. Also, for the sake of consistency, I would argue that the tooltip and the annex dialog should not differ in the way that they show these bonuses.

Also consider the use case where I'm not actually the one doing the annexation, and it's another player asking me for advice. Or consider the case where I want to inspect such information before my next rank of centralization is ready. In both cases, I can't even invoke an annex window to begin with.
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 11:35:33 AM »

Hello Nasai,

Thank you for your idea, it will be reviewed.

Angela

Facebook Fan Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: