Imperia Online International
April 16, 2024, 16:39:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another thread of "why did i lose this battle"?  (Read 2035 times)
yxcv
Sergeant

« on: June 24, 2015, 20:11:56 PM »

It's on world 261 v6, i'm yxcvasdf and was attacked by Pytosss at 24.06.2015 20:44
according to simulations, i should have won, i think i know why i've lost, but that would mean the simulator has a bad mistake *sad*
I've lost the fieldbattle, that was quite clear, but i've killed all trebuchets. according to simulations, recovery would have been something above 40%, but actually it was 66%, which sounds logic for me, he has won fieldbattle... but the simulator didn't know- it calculated with 40% and told me i'd win because the attacker can't destroy the fortress.

simulations: http://prntscr.com/7kuniq field battle http://prntscr.com/7kuhx7 fortress siege http://prntscr.com/7kunsk
(and yes, i've simulated with 5 moral less for the attacker, but that's maybe not the point here)
real fight: http://prntscr.com/7kuokr field battle http://prntscr.com/7kuovz fortress siege http://prntscr.com/7kup65

So my question is: is the recovery calculated after the fieldbattle, like the desciption says, or is the whole battle calculated, and then it gives all to the winner like the simulator does?
if the ladder, it was just bad luck my opponent got +5 moral from anywhere since yesterday and i might have lost because of that *sad*
Tasilakosil
Lieutenant

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 12:52:38 PM »

simulators is only capable of importing enemy army and filling necessary researches...other than that, you have to fill it yourself. military researches, fortifications, premium, bonuses, morale, strength of attack...if you dont fill those the simulator can get you accurate info....well, it will give you perfectly accurate info but it would be for different scenario than what you were really facing
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 16:23:56 PM »

Tasilakosil gave you a good advice, always make sure to put 2-3 levels higher military researches thank yours, premium, bonuses, morale points. Keep in mind that when the morale drops below 50, there is always a chance for the army to flee from the battle field, but we can't know when is it going to happen. In this battle, the attacker was lucky that his units continued fighting when their morale dropped below 50. The first and the artillery line fought for a 3 rounds when their morale dropped below 50 until they destroyed the fortress in the siege. In this moment, the morale of the units from the first line was 33, and the morale of the long ranged siege engines was 45. In the simulation, they leave earlier and the attacker loses the battle.
The units recover after the field battle and at the end of the siege.

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
yxcv
Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 19:59:52 PM »

I know i have to change research etc. manually, except military medicine, i set everything to max, including boni and premium, so that's not the reason for the difference.
I knew the moral of the attacker because of a battle report a day ago, at least i thought so, anyhow he got +5 moral since then, maybe that was the reason i've lost, but my main question isn't answered yet:

There is a bonus of recovering troops if you win the battle. My question is: do you get that bonus after you've won the fieldbattle, no matter what happens in the siege? Or is the whole battle calculated first to decide who gets the bonus in fieldbattle?
I've never lost an attack against active players (against some abandoneds though *wink*), i have more than 5k attacks these round, i'd say i know how to use the simulator, i'm just quite surprised by such a big difference in simulations and reality by 5 moral difference (and nothing else, except maybe lower values for the attacker) and try to figure out why. In defense against players i have very little experience, and i want to learn enough from this report that will never happen again *wink*
Tasilakosil
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 05:18:25 AM »

not sure what do you mean by bonus for winning the battle, if i am not mistaken military medicine applies to both sides. if that is what you mean than if you check the report, you can see that result of field battle is fed as input to fortress siege ergo yes, after field battle, certain ammount of units is recovered and together with the remainder of the army they engage in siege. so technically yes, if you mess up military medicine, you may actually simulate fortress siege with inaccurate numbers.

as far as morale goes, it really depends on luck as well. sometimes my siege engines quit the siege with total morale ~70, some other times they fight even with total morale under 20. 10 rounds can make quite a difference.

+ not sure if you noticed, but the difference in losses between simulation and real fight is like the double. you must have made some mistake if in simulation your army is 100% more effective than in reality

ps: how many attacks you performed doesnt really matter. i´ve seen "experienced" players using simulator just plain wrong...
yxcv
Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »

Uh shit... i didn't see there really is a difference in recovery (in %) even in simulator between fieldbattle and siege. And yes, i really forgot to set military medicine it seems... i simulated several times and set it so many times that i was sure i've set it the last time too ;( So my questions why i've lost and how that bonus works are answered.

What i mean by bonus: check the values of Pytosss recovery after fieldbattle and fortress siege in simulation, there is a difference of 15%, which fits to my own reports with the same general. If you win, you recover 15% more than if you lose.
When i checked the reports first, i thought that's the difference between simulation and fight, but i was wrong.

Thank you very much for your patience and help  *rose* *rose*
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:50:28 AM by yxcv » Logged
Tasilakosil
Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 13:01:26 PM »

no problem at all...

anyway, you're right, the basic recovery rate is 40% for winner and 25% for defeated however simulator does take care of this on its own so there is no way to set it on or off, you only need to set military medicine right. meaning that it is indeed applied for each battle separately but its not something that would set your simulation off unless you made simulations separately for field battle and fortress siege but that would make no sense so...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: