Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 01:16:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mulitple attacks  (Read 8294 times)
talon
Private

« on: January 10, 2008, 03:53:48 AM »

I apologise if this is covered somewhere else in the forum but i have looked around and dont see anything.
In the manual it states  "Only one province can be pillaged and/or sieged during a campaign."   yet i have had 3 provinces attacked simultaneously by the same player on several occasions.How is this possible or am i misreading something?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 03:55:54 AM by talon » Logged
Tybertud
Private

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 09:06:46 AM »

I just re-read this part in the manual and it is worded somewhat ambiguously.

I think the confusion comes from the word "campaign".

A campaign is from the time you launch troops on a mission until the time they return from the mission. What the sentence you refer to means is that only one province can be attacked/pillaged before your troops return home. Once they return however, you could re-launch them to attack another province, or the same one previously attacked (can not re-pillage the same province for 168 hours).
talon
Private

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 15:10:30 PM »

no i understand the wording as being as you say.this person is attacking 3 provinces at the exact same time.
stud
proud leader of PREDATORS
Colonel

yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawww

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 15:16:11 PM »

u can pillage as many provinces as u want and from any player (even the same player at the same time), but u cant pillage province that has been pillaged in the last 168 hours
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 15:16:28 PM by stud » Logged

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say are you going to drink that? *beer*
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 15:41:59 PM »

You can send multiple attacks...if you have military academy 7, you can send up to 7 attacks in the same time *Smiley*

I am the one and only!
Revelation
Major

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 17:46:00 PM »

Yes, attacks and pillage are diffrent.  *Smiley*

IGNORANCE OF THE LAW EXCUSES NO ONE. (I hate myself for being ignorant)
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 21:08:42 PM »

I apologise if this is covered somewhere else in the forum but i have looked around and dont see anything.
In the manual it states  "Only one province can be pillaged and/or sieged during a campaign."   yet i have had 3 provinces attacked simultaneously by the same player on several occasions.How is this possible or am i misreading something?

they wish to say that you(or some other player) send an army on attack and that army attacks one province and return home. then you send it on another province and army returns home. its not possible to send army, destroy all forts, pillage all provinces and then return home. *Smiley* 1 attack = 1 province
in real life army could go to enemy, destroy all his fort, pillage his all provinces and return home. thats impossible in game. *Smiley*

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
talon
Private

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 00:32:10 AM »

Ok let me try this again.I know that military academy 7 gives 7 generals and so you can have 7 attacks at the same time.I know the difference between a seige and a pillage and about the 48 hour rule in this case.
It says in the manual "Only one province can be pillaged and/or sieged during a campaign".I take this to mean that a player can only seige 1 of my provinces at a time.I was online when the attacks started.The same player was attacking 3 different provinces of mine at the exact same time.The armies were all due to arrive in the same minute.Any explanation?
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 02:03:42 AM »

with military academy 7 player can attack you 7 times at the same time. he can attack yours 7 provinces or attack 1 of your prov with 1 pillage and 6 time fortress siege or field battle on the sam prov..
Again only 1 province can be sieged or pillaged with 1 attack.
For example person attacks you with 40000 soldiers to pillage you. his soldiers pillage, go home and he can send another attack. the rule that only one pillage or siege means that this 40000 must return home to do another attack. if there wasnt this rule, 40000 will be able to pillage all your provinces, destroy all forts and then go home.
But if that player have 120000 soldiers, he may send 3 attacks of 40000 soldiers on 3 of your provinces. do you get it now?Huh?Huh? only limitation for number of attacks on you is that person military academy and number of soldiers  he have. *Smiley*
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:05:49 AM by tiger » Logged

tiger
talon
Private

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 02:20:39 AM »

thank you ...i do understand it then i guess but i think it is very poorly written in the manual.
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 03:13:03 AM »

no problem talon. i think it should be better explained in manual because for most of people here english isnt native tongue. and some sentences and explanation can be confusing to people who start to play, but when you play you learn a lot more from friends and expirience then from manual. and whyt you dont understand, you ask here. *Smiley*

tiger
canga
Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 19:21:58 PM »

I dunno if this is related but how do you stop a pillage by killing or attcking the persons army only!!
Canga!
mjez
High Warlord
Captain

Gladiator

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 19:35:10 PM »

yes you could block pillagers by putting your army out on the field in the province that is being Pillaged...
make sure your that your "to Fight" tab is enabled, not "to retreat"....  *Tongue*

Guardians Live by the Sword
canga
Sergeant

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 19:46:57 PM »

yes you could block pillagers by putting your army out on the field in the province that is being Pillaged...
make sure your that your "to Fight" tab is enabled, not "to retreat"....  *Tongue*
Yeh but need at leat the same as his army to stop the pillage don't you he sent 4400 troops to pillage I didn't have an army there only in the fort of 500 h.archers that's why he pillaged!! No way to stop someone killing all your pop hmm... except more army or same!
Thanks!
Canga
mjez
High Warlord
Captain

Gladiator

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 19:52:43 PM »

if the army he sent is exactly 10% of your pop, and you manage to atleast get 0.1-1% of his army, the pillage will work. it will count as a win for him, but none of your villagers will be killed *Grin*

Guardians Live by the Sword
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: