Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 16:09:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Court Candidates  (Read 7039 times)
felix_r
Captain

« on: April 24, 2015, 11:27:17 AM »

Until today when I had a free MAN in my Imperial Family, the game was sending WOMEN to the Court Candidates, it always been like that.

Today something changed. I have a free MAN

But the game is sending only MEN to my Court Candidates  *crazy*

What is going on?  rant

grmarf
Captain

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 12:05:28 PM »

Do you know "Same-sex marriage" ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage

*hahaha* *hahaha*

Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 13:57:29 PM »

Hi felix_r,

Court candidates's gender is first and foremost based on your oldest child's gender.
Would you have a child yet to reach maturity that is a girl ?

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 14:17:52 PM »

felix_r, you already have 2 women in the court which can marry the Emperor, if you are waiting for new woman and don't need them both for now, expel them from the court to increase the chances to receive a new one.

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
felix_r
Captain

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 14:42:36 PM »

Hi felix_r,

Court candidates's gender is first and foremost based on your oldest child's gender.
Would you have a child yet to reach maturity that is a girl ?

Have fun,

Don't you see that this is the Emperor? He has no children because he does not married!
felix_r
Captain

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 14:49:32 PM »

felix_r, you already have 2 women in the court which can marry the Emperor, if you are waiting for new woman and don't need them both for now, expel them from the court to increase the chances to receive a new one.

Excuse me, Angela, but I'm not talking about what I already have. I know what I have. And I know who can I marry. And I don't need this beginner's advice!

I'm talking about the new candidates! Something was changed in the game lately. May be the programmers did it by mistake, I don't know, but this never worked like this !
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 15:00:56 PM »

Don't you see that this is the Emperor? He has no children because he does not married!

Hi Felix_r

it doesn't have to be this Emperor's children
I'm talking about any children of the royal family

so, I'm asking again : have you got a girl as your oldest child in your family (to be more precise, now branch family) ?

Have fun,

Deus populusque
felix_r
Captain

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 15:09:25 PM »

Hi Felix_r

it doesn't have to be this Emperor's children
I'm talking about any children of the royal family

so, I'm asking again : have you got a girl as your oldest child in your family (to be more precise, now branch family) ?

Have fun,

How does it matter??? The new candidates can't marry other relatives that are not in the royal family anymore. They can marry only the singles from the Imperial family. And this is the Imperial family!

Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 15:18:06 PM »

you aren't very honest, aren't you ? *wink*

1) why stop the printscreen to the top, and not show the full list of family members from the branch family too ?
2) I told you that the gender of the court candidates is based first and foremost on your oldest child's gender
3) if you have several unmarried family members of different genders, there still need to be a priority given. Will it be titles, generation, age, skill levels ... ? the choice was made based on your children (of the whole extended family)
4) you have plenty of opportunities to marry your Emperor, from existing female Court Candidates, to forging Dynastic Alliances with other players by asking them to send a princess

so, I'm asking again : have you got a girl as your oldest child in your whole extended family ?

if you want to suggest a change in the filter for the choice of the court candidate's gender , then it can be reviewed.

Have fun,
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 15:19:45 PM by Starbuck » Logged

Deus populusque
felix_r
Captain

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 15:29:27 PM »

Pardon my french, but stop feeding me with this bullshit!

Until today when you had a MALE singe in your Imperial family, the game always sent to you FEMALE candidates. ALWAYS! ONLY FEMALES! If you had a single FEMALE, the game sent to you MALE candidates! ALWAYS! ONLY MALES! I had this situation 1000 times and it always worked like this until today.

you aren't very honest, aren't you ?

I gave my nickname and the realm so every admin can check my account.
I gave you the additional screenshot because it looks like you don't know what you're talking about. Try to read again.

I don't want to suggest any changes!!!!!!!!!!!!! You changed this with no reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 15:31:52 PM by felix_r » Logged
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 15:35:02 PM »

Felix_r

you are mistaken on your assumptions about what conditions dictates the gender of the Court Candidates : it's not about whether you have unmarried family members, but about your oldest children.
it has been like that for a very long time, and it hasn't been changed lately.

in addition, I would respectfully ask you to mind your language.
profanities are not to be accepted on the forum.

Have fun,

Deus populusque
felix_r
Captain

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 15:51:16 PM »

Felix_r

you are mistaken on your assumptions about what conditions dictates the gender of the Court Candidates : it's not about whether you have unmarried family members, but about your oldest children.
it has been like that for a very long time, and it hasn't been changed lately.

in addition, I would respectfully ask you to mind your language.
profanities are not to be accepted on the forum.

Have fun,

It hard to keep talking politely when you are trying to say that I was blind until today.
I'm telling you how it always worked until today.
I'm telling you that I had this situation 1000 times before, so you can't say I had not.
But you keep saying that the sun shines at night...

Additionally, you just invented a new formula that has no logic at all. What does it matter which persons I have outside the imperial family if the new court candidates can't marry them? Nonsense !

But it was my mistake. I should not ask you anything at the first place.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 15:55:24 PM by felix_r » Logged
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 16:09:06 PM »

it's easy to get mistaken when you are not aware of all the parameters being taken into account, or misread them.
because of this, it's very presumptuous to assume that one absolutely knows how things work always, in all circumstances.

I don't know when your dynasty changed, and therefore when new Court Candidates appeared.
What I do know, is that their gender is based by order of priority on your oldest child.

There is always a child of someone in your family.
Even your Emperor was a child at some point.

as such, Court Candidate's genders are primarily chosen to be potential mates for them.
it doesn't matter if the child is part of the main or the branch family, has reached maturity or still an infant.
because they are "royal material" that can be designated as successor (and therefore might need a consort if they become Emperor)

now, I understand that in your situation it'd be preferable for you to have female Court Candidates for your Emperor.
but what is preferable as per your appreciation, doesn't mean has to be so by the game mechanics.

you asked if the system has been changed. no it hasn't
you said that the gender is based on your unmarried royals, that's only partially true ... depending on the structure of your whole extended family's offsprings and the timing of your dynastic changes.

as Angela suggested, you should consider renewing your Court Candidates, either by
1) expelling one of the member of the Imperial Court, and then recruit/expel all Court Candidates
2) upgrade the Palace's level and recruit/expel all Court Candidates

Have fun,

Deus populusque
felix_r
Captain

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 16:40:02 PM »

The formula that you gave is the secondary formula. The game uses it only when you have no unmarried Great Persons (only married persons and small children). This formula was never important because at the same moment an unmarried person appeared at your Royal Family , the game began to send candidates from the opposite gender.

For example, when I had a boy that reached 16 y.o., I used to send about 100 field attacks against any abandoned empire, and I was receiving about 30 female candidates (all of them only females one after another). And I chose one of them which had the better bonuses.

I did it many-many times before and it always worked like this until now.  

This time I have an unmarried Emperor (the old one died at night). I'm sending the attacks, but I receive only boys. This is the first time I met something like this. My teammates also never saw this before. They are joking that probably my Emperor is gay...

This is why I'm thinking that this is a bug that happened unintentionally, while the programmers fixed something else.

It should not be like that!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 16:42:35 PM by felix_r » Logged
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 17:53:05 PM »

well, there is a simple way to test your understanding of the game mechanics :

in the next 36h-48h, if you get female candidates by the droves, then it means that you were right, and that an "accident" temporarily happened because of the chaos generated by the dynastic succession.

however, if you keep getting male candidates, then it means that my "theory" is not so secondary after all
you have indeed a princess, that is also the oldest unmarried child (bar your Emperor)

http://prntscr.com/6xn050

most candidates will be for her suitability, that is males
and then you will get female candidates for the next child

http://prntscr.com/6xn0o9

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: