Imperia Online International
April 25, 2024, 12:22:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Pillaging suggestion - 'Enslavement Pillage'  (Read 2812 times)
Heretic3000
Private

« on: March 26, 2015, 12:00:08 PM »

Dear Imperia Online team,

I'm playing the game at the moment (not under this name though heheh) and I really love the game so far. Too many people complain a lot about the game but I LOVE it!

At the beginning it can seem quite hard but once you learn the mechanics of the game (such as using counter espionage, spies, army 'evasion' etc) you can survive just fine and even defeat other players often (heheh).

Anyway, I digress...

My suggestion is the following:

The pillaging option is great as it is. However, it would be even better if you could have the option to do a either a normal pillage attack or an 'Enslavement Pillage'. This is where the player exacts a pillaging attack on his opponent but instead of killing the enemy villagers he ENSLAVES them and then takes them back to his own Empire.

Once there, the the enslaved villages are added to the population of the province from where the attacker sent the attack. So for example, if he sent the attack from province 2, all of the stolen enemy villagers are then added to the population of his own province 2 once his army returns to his Empire.

Now, of course, there would have to be some hefty penalties for doing an attack like this, otherwise everyone would be doing this kind of attack all the time.

Possible penalties could be if a player exacts an 'enslavement pillage,' his emperor then gains the trait 'ENSLAVER OF MEN' and from then on his army always fights with a minus 10 morale penalty. Alternatively, the penalty could apply to only the general he used in the attack.

An alternative penalty could be that an 'Enslavement pillage' costs minus 8 honour instead of minus 4.

Anyway, that's my suggestion and use it if you like it. *Grin*

All the best,

Heretic3000
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 16:10:45 PM »

Hello Heretic3000,

Thank you for sharing your idea, it will be reviewed for the future stages of the game. At the moment, destroying a Slavers barbarian camp grants Liberated population and resources as a reward.

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
felix_r
Captain

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 18:50:43 PM »

It sounds like a good idea.

I can add another option - buyout *Smiley*
The player that lost his villagers will have an option to pay buyout (in gold) and get the villagers back

Heretic3000
Private

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 19:04:01 PM »

OK Angela, thanks for your reply. Maybe in the future then!

And felix_r, I like your suggestion too. Although I doubt many will be willing to sell back the population! Heheheh.  evil4
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:28:52 AM »

Hello felix_r,

Thank you for your suggestion, your idea will also be reviewed.

Angela

Facebook Fan Page
Tasilakosil
Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 23:11:16 PM »

why not add slaves as a market comodity? its middle-ages after all....also, instead of -8 morale points loss an enslaving pillage could simply be less "effective". Let say that only 20% of pillaged villagers are suitable for being slaves. the rest might be either killed or escape on the way back  *freak*

(standard enslaving pillage of 200K population would produce roughly 8K slaves)
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 13:00:39 PM »

Hello Tasilakosil, your idea will also be reviewed for the further stages of the game, thank you.

Angela

Facebook Fan Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: