Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 19:02:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Total Capacity  (Read 6228 times)
Tasilakosil
Lieutenant

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 21:55:40 PM »

1. yup, comprehensive.
2. if you are about to create comprehensive mathematical formula, you would include terrain and premium as one of the variables. its not something i would have to provide for you to be able to write it

3. you said that the formula to calculate basic growth is:
Basic population growth is calculated with the following formula: [1 x (current population /1000)]+50
(1 x means multiplied by the speed of the world).
Researching Medicine increases growth by 5% per level.

i only assigned those variables my values. why would you need total farm capacity? i dont see it anywhere in the formula you provided. Also, basic growth doesnt account for population losses - that is why it is called basic growth. If you open your farm window, it is one of reported values. Other reported values are population losses - listed apart from basic growth as well as real growth after population losses have been applied.

what do you mean by "do you produce 421K+ farm capacity"?
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 22:05:59 PM »

because you need food to sustain your population : without food, no matter how idyllic the terrain or how high-tech your medecine is, your villagers will die by starvation.
farms capacity (or production) is the single most important factor to determine how many villagers you can have, globally and in each province.
medecine will speed up the growth rate of the population, but not above your ability to feed them ... and as you near the limit of your Empire to produce food for your ever-increasing villagers, it acts as a counter-value to the growth rate.

that's population losses

Farm capacity 

The number of villagers a province can support without hourly population losses. Farms are required for the well-being of the population. Each farms level has a certain capacity. The lower the farm capacity is compared to the population number, the bigger the losses will be, because farms won't be enough to support the whole population.

http://www96.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game_v6/game/help/?section=glossary&term=216&speed=4#term_216

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Tasilakosil
Lieutenant

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 22:31:34 PM »

well, by now you might have noticed i am more interested in numbers *Grin* what you just wrote is perfectly understandable and i am well aware of that. However, i was not able to reproduce the numbers shown in farm window following this logic and formulas provided by manual aka help aka how to play.

Population growth should be independent from farm capacity, at least, farm capacity is not accounted for in the formula that goes like:

[ ( server_speed * current_population / 1000 ) + 50 ]

that can be increased if medicine is researched, 5% for each level.

[ ( server_speed * current_population / 1000 ) + 50 ] * ( 1.05 ^ ( medicine_lvl + alliance_medicine_lvl ) )

As you can see, basic population growth is independent from farm capacity, housing capacity or any other parameter except for server speed, population and medicine. However, if insert my values into this formula, i get different results. Can you tell me why?

As far as Farm Capacity goes, i know it is number of villagers a province can support without population losses. Meaning that lvl 12 farms in capital province with no bonuses from terrain, special resources and governor should be able to provide for 116 000 + 100 000 villagers. However, what happens when current population exceeds total farm capacity?

Help/Manual says that due to shortages, population losses occures and as it is shown in farm window, they are simply subtracted from basic growth. Ergo

current_population_growth = basic_population_growth - population_losses

However, how population_losses are calculated is nowhere to be found in the manual.
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 23:15:00 PM »

the formula for population losses in v6 is not in the Manual  *pardon*

have fun,

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 23:16:58 PM by Starbuck » Logged

Deus populusque
Tasilakosil
Lieutenant

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2015, 23:22:31 PM »

thank you Cpt. Obvious *Grin* Does it mean you know it but you cant reveal it?

Anyway, can you tell me why i was not able to reproduce basic growth value as reported in farm window followind the formula from the manual?

And last but not least *Grin* how can one calculate surplus of the farms in some province and how is this surplus distributed?
ketansat
Private

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 15:58:09 PM »

Thank you ketansat, we'll check and I'll inform you about the result.

Where is my result?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: