Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 18:26:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is this even possible?!  (Read 1014 times)
Mr.Simanetik
Private

« on: January 28, 2015, 15:31:23 PM »

So , a guy attacked my which is stronger than me i have 150,000 points and he has 290 000 points he attacked me with a huuge army that i cant even imagine making in my Empire for like 3-4 months, this is just unfair its impossible to defend i mean really.  rant
His army was 60k(all heavy) and mine was 20k (1/3 heavy the rest is light), i think this is just imbalanced and unfair for the weak players.
Someone please give me some tips,hints suggestions what to do. Thank you. and admins please balance the game  *Grin*  head_hurts_kr
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 19:20:28 PM »

Hi Mr.Simanetik

in IO, players can attack any other players who are within 5 times their networth.
however, only players in a 2 times range can be attacked without Morale and Honor penalties.

therefore, you must be very careful as you gain points, that you have the troops and the defenses appropriate to deal with players most likely to attack you (2x)

in your case, a 2x means every players who have between 300k and 75k networth

here are some tips to properly defend (up to a certain point)

1) if you don't want to be pillaged, don't give incentives to would-be pillagers (spend all your ressources before going offline)
2) don't let them see your ressources and defenses (increase your Contre-Espionnage levels and assign governors with Secret Agent skill)
3) build the highest fort level in your capital, with as high a fortification level as you can
4) put archers in garrison, then ballista when you reach heavy units. ballista are essential defenses against catapults and trebuchets. archers are good against everyone
5) keep your networth low, by building/researching only what's necessary ... or try to be top 10 networth and rush to be "too big to hit"
6) armies are good at defense, but siege weapons are not. if you want to play defense, then better to have 1000 cavalry, than 50 catapults.

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: