Imperia Online International
April 17, 2024, 00:59:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Impossible to advance  (Read 8896 times)
finael
Private

« on: December 01, 2014, 22:18:59 PM »

It's simply impossible to have fun with this game.

After a few weeks of "normal gaming" I'm repeatedly attaked by the same guy (8 times in less than 2 days) with 5 x more points than me.

Fortress destroyed, armies anihilated, resources repeatedly taken, I cannot play anymore.

If it's tolerated to do that, not only will I stop the game but I'll also alert my friends about what is the realty of this "game"
AeylaVasharan
Private

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 04:34:01 AM »

Hi Finael,

In this situation, i would try joining an alliance and ask them for help. Or if your already in one let the alliance know about that. You could also try messaging the player who's attacking you and ask them nicely to stop.

Cheers,
AeylaVasharan

AeylaVasharan
deathruin
Private

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 08:46:35 AM »

if it's just one person, capitulate. then you will be protected at least half the time.
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 11:38:40 AM »

Hello finael, attacks upon Empires out of net worth points range x5 (5 times smaller or bigger based on net worth points) are forbidden. If the attacker of your empire is out of net worth point range x2, he will be punished with morale, honor and attack strength drop per every 0,1 coefficient difference out of the allowed range. AeylaVasharan and deathruin's advices will help you, here's what else you should bare in mind:
A 100% defense is hardly possible, but follow these steps:
- do not leave large amounts of resources, so that your empire couldn’t seem tempting to the enemies;
- keep archers and ballistae in the Fortress;
- try to maintain high levels of Fortresses, mostly in the capital;
- do not leave your army on the field;
- keep many spies on the field and raise Counter-espionage levels whenever you can afford it, so that they couldn’t spy on you;
- keep raising Fortification, so that your Fortress is stronger, and Military Architecture, so that it gathers more archers in garrison;
- Box your capital or the province you are used to leave your resources in, by annexing all provinces it shares a border with;
- if some player goes hard on you with constant attacks, capitulate;

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
finael
Private

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 14:28:10 PM »

"do not leave resources" so it's impossible to level up.
"go to the fortress" but it cannot handle sufficient army, see up.
"capitulate", I was not playing only to surrender.

I was looking for a strategy game, not a "shoot the newbies" game.
deathruin
Private

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 18:30:32 PM »

nobody said "go to the fortress", Angela said "do not leave your army on the field"
If they can't fit in the fortress, send them out and here is how: go to your fortress, click the attack tab. Under the main tabs, there is a tiny sub-tab thing that have two choices: attack, evasion. Select the evasion one, then you can send your army out on field trips for a fixed amount of time(your choice, note that you can recall them on the first half of the trip and they would return after however long have passed since you sent them out)

For the "do not leave resources" part, there are ways to keep resources for upgrade while not for robbing: caskets
Here is what you do:
first, you need to build fortress vaults so you can keep some(thou small) amount of resource
This enable you to train units at a reasonable rate(specifically, I mean full groups as opposed to a few dozens pre training, which once instant training are no longer free means you can train more in same time)
Protect your army via the above said evasion method, this will allow you to build up a reasonable army
Go attack barbarian camps with that army. As long as the reward is greater than the army loss (use simulator, barbs have minimal technology so as long as the general skills are right, the results will be accurate), it is worthwhile to do.
The reward will come in the form of caskets, which contain the resource within(note you do not need wagons against barbs because all rewards are in the casket and that requires 0 carry capacity)
Via this method, what you have effectively done is:
convert steal-able resource into army and convert the army(losses in battle) into unsteal-able resource in the form of casket.
When you want to buy something expensive(that your normal income cannot cover) such as centralization, open the casket for an instant resource boost. If the item is extremely expensive such that your set of casket cannot cover it, you can wait until 11:55 server time to open the set and then 5 minutes later(new day), you can open another set, so two sets. Usually two sets will pay for just about anything.
Remember, you can use the market to convert resource types.

You are allowed to use one casket of each type each day, so you would want a variety as well as, if possible, a stock of them(in case your army got caught and you are unable to farm caskets on some days)
Specifically, you can use 1 lv1 normal(raider/conquer), 1 lv1 slaver, 1 lv2 normal, 1 lv2 slaver, 1 lv3 normal etc all the way to lv 15 normal, lv 15 slaver casket each day. That means a maximal 30 casket a day (thou the lower level ones will disappear as the higher ones appear, so unless you kept a huge stock of lower level casket, you will rarely get to use more than 10 a day. I've also never seen 11,12,13 slaver personally so there might be ones that does not exist. I did, however, get some lv14 slaver)

And why won't you surrender? There is no shame if the attacks are not legit(by your own standard) and by the fact you made this thread I don't think you consider his attacks legit.

And I'm not entirely sure what he is really doing, but generally siege outside of 3x range won't work due to loss-by-morale. This is especially so if it is repeated attack as that will drain him of honor which lowers his morale further. Box your capitol in, get to at least lv 7 fortress, max tower/curtain/moat, fully load it with best defensive troop you have and he will lose.
Best defensive unit, in order: Elite Archer, Ballista, Heavy Archer, Light Archer.
Thou if you placed provinces in the wrong places it might be difficult to box your capitol in now as new provinces(centralization) becomes increasingly expensive so if you box by your 6th(other than capitol) as opposed by your 4th province, the overall cost is much higher. The 20 morale will really make a difference when it come to win-by-morale
And no, it would not matter if his army is ten thousand times bigger than your army when it comes to defend-by-morale tactic. Fact is, only a fixed amount of units may attack your fortress at a time, so it takes an almost fixed number of turns for your fortress to fall, which means it will consume a more or less fixed amount of morale for it to finish regardless of his army size. All a bigger army(or rather bigger archer army) will do is kill off your garrison faster and thus make the rest of the siege slightly more efficient. What will matter, however, is if he have higher tier units(elite, for example), hero have certain siege related skills(offensive tactician, siege tactician, infantry commander) and technology level. For those, your only counter is fortification and military architecture technologies. Note that upgrading fortress level does not significantly help as the allowed attacker army will also increase, thus meaning unless your garrison can kill enough enemies to reduce them below optimal siege count, it won't take any longer for him to kill the fortress and that means he won't lose any more morale and therefore no real change. Still, the upgrade would never hurt in itself, just saying it's not as significant.

Note: if it's a fortress siege, other than fortress garrison, piling the rest of your army on the field in front will help reduce his morale before siege begins, thus increase your likelihood of winning. So while you are online, by all means, leave your army on the field. The problem with leaving army on field while you are not online is that he can send field attacks first to wipe out your field army before starting on fortress siege, thus the army will not help any.
francis67
Private

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 01:29:59 AM »

Some very good info for a new player thanks!
Mifflo
Private

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 13:41:11 PM »

I have to agree.
It is not fun to be a punchbag for bigger players.
Every PvP game with this playstyle is the same.
Player do not understand it hurt them more to attack new players.
As none will stay and play, sure you can be King of an dead world.

Main problem is you loose Rams and Wagons when being crushed.
Leave you no other income than your hour/income..that is a joke compare
to what you gain from farming Independant cities.
Only been playing for 8-9 days...and I know games like this is a marathon...
It still is VERY frustating to loose everything. If someone steal 10k-20k of each resource
lose your army worth 500k..wont matter much in a few month, when gain milions
Problem is ..most players dont stay and find out.
and next problem is, even if stay and find out..this will happen again..and again..and again
only diffrence is,today me at 7k point vs 13k point, will be..me at 13k point vs 20k points, me at 20k vs 30k....
This last time I lost some resources that he stole, but he did not understand he lost troops worth x3 the ammount he manage to steal.
in this case it was a lose lose situation..exept he dont care as he can still farm Independat cities and still have enough army to keep battle.
Lev5 Fortress, Max Moat, Max Curtain Walls..Max troops in Garrison, Lev 8 Tech for all Battle skills. Lev8 Vault. an great Defense Hero (lev15 with total 128 moral and only defense skills)
as I have been farming a lot and been very active during my few days in this game (over 100 atacks on NPC cities, always check if it have max ammount of resources)
I think I am above average in Tech and troops for my short time
Even if I can defend myself well enough for not being an obvious target, nobody can Defend from stupid players.
It would almost feel better to know, if I lose..I am done, I am out..winner get my city and it will be an knockout tourmament'ish style instead.
This is more like holding a carrot on a stick in front of you, think you one day will reach it..if only run faster..or work little harder..or spend little more money..

This is s War game, so nobody should expect anything else. When/If I attack other players I for sure choose players I will win against. I dont blame him.
The attacker have always the adventage of decide attack or not...and he will always pick fights he can win.

If the damage is already done, it is too late to try prevent it. Guildmembers cant make it undone.
Right now it will be 2-3 days of do nothing, just wait to build army and support units (wagons/Rams)
Most likely I will not return..and the attacker got what he wanted...make players to quit play, so he get a city to farm.

Well..this was not meant to complain on this game or lead to anything changes, Just share my veiw of this kind of PvP Wargames.
This game is one of first to actually punish bigger players with some heavy morale and power loss.
(most other games a 100k player can attack a 1k player with no penalty at all)

Maybe one suggestion, Have some Tresholds for daily rewards..example, If you own less than 50 Waggons at 5k points, you will be
given that ammount to fill up that qouta. (if have 12 left, you will get 38) and given daily ammount of troops just enough to be
able to farm NPC cities again. (50 each at 1k, 100 of each at 5k, 200 of each at 10k or simliar.) and ofcourse, if you own more than treshold ammount, you get none.
And/or.. maybe able to repair destroyed warmachine and waggons for 50% cost.
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 17:41:13 PM »

Hello Mifflo,
I'll forward your suggestions for a review, thank you.  Meanwhile, you can complete quests, they are located in the book at the left side of the village.

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
BribeMaster
Private

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 17:23:59 PM »

Hi, finael.

Looks like your problem were as same as me. Just about a month ago, somebody attack my Capital and lose 85% of my resources, armies, anything.
That's made me frustated, I was already tried to stop playing this game, but since I always thought "I still have a hope", then I try to keep up, keep it up, and see?

Now my Empire has raisen up just now, and sometimes if somebody try to attacks me again, I ready for that.. If you loses very hard, don't stop and keep it up.

Anyway, like you said
"capitulate", I was not playing only to surrender.

I was looking for a strategy game, not a "shoot the newbies" game.

But if you still on your opinion
It's simply impossible to have fun with this game.

After a few weeks of "normal gaming" I'm repeatedly attaked by the same guy (8 times in less than 2 days) with 5 x more points than me.

Fortress destroyed, armies anihilated, resources repeatedly taken, I cannot play anymore.

If it's tolerated to do that, not only will I stop the game but I'll also alert my friends about what is the realty of this "game"

It looks like you had been surrended and not realized it. If you play not to surrender, then try not to "Surrender"! Also, this genre's of the game means world strategic, that any possible thing about castle siege would always happens anytime, to anyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: