Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 01:42:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is it worth bothering?  (Read 5776 times)
LordStDenis
Lieutenant

« on: October 11, 2014, 20:12:38 PM »

I am wondering if it's worth bothering with the world cupif you don't come from one of previous top ten teams, the amount of diamonds they get gives them so much of an advantage any other teams may as well forget it
If that is to be the case, the top ten teams will never change as no other team will be able to break into the top ten
this could explain why so many have not signed up for it, and only 5000 or so of the 22k who registered are actually trying for it
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 20:15:23 PM by LordStDenis » Logged
LordStDenis
Lieutenant

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 14:51:23 PM »

add to that the fact that the whole of Asia, Australasia, Oceania can not get enough hardcore players to make a team if they were all together

here in the UK quals, more than half i think are non British, going by names, these are not ""moles", just part of the UKs diverse immigrant population, especially from Central and E Europe, and these strategy games not as popular with brits compared to, I have noticed, countries that either still have or until recently had National Service

Eventually the only players who will bother will be those from the current top ten countries

marketing strategy needs more consideration, because in fact it would be hard to put a good team together from all the English speaking countries

Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 16:28:38 PM »

Hi there,

Top 10 players from last year are getting those rewards for their achievements. However, that will not offer any significant advantage in the race for the world cup. Best strategy and the best team will win. Best players and so on. Diamonds cannot buy you a medal that has been proven many times in both version 5 and 6 and it will be the exact same in world cup.
As per your second comment... I`m not quite sure what to say about it.. somehow it has nothing to do with the game..

Valar morghulis !
legantois
Private

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 14:29:07 PM »

Is this last comment a joke ?

Imperia Online is the least unbalanced game between player investing huge money/getting more diamonds and others.

ther is a factor 10 in the evolution between players spending 300 diamonds per day and players spending nothing.

this world cup is called by most plyaer i know 'the diamond cup' because everybody laugh on the correlation between score and diamond spending

in this World cup you do not tneed to be an very good player

you just need to spend a lot of money.

of course in the end. The best player of the rich will win. And the ones not willing to pay diamonds will not even be qualified
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 15:16:26 PM »

I disagree with you completely. On every single word. You can buy 200k diamonds and open all chests on extra+ but if you have no strategy, you will be just a rich farm. And I love rich farms.

Valar morghulis !
legantois
Private

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 23:58:36 PM »

this is your own 'feeling"

you disagree completly to something that 99% of the players agree on on an empirical way

You could publish some statistics to see the huge correlation between diamond spend / net points / final ranking

and of course if diamonds were useless, nobody would buy

Disagree as you will and continue to make us laugh *xxx*

This is DIAMOND CUP, Nothing more.

$$$$
LordStDenis
Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 12:49:45 PM »

""DIAMOND CUP" lol , still going to play it, though UK team has no chance of getting to the final, just nice to meet some Brit players, only found 2 in the 2 years I've been playing and both have quit
Azz
Private

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 20:07:58 PM »

mmm. actually i think the diamonds has a huge influence.

we had diamonds on other versions... But using premium, some vacations or things like those, is like you said: "not a big difference"

But now you can buy soldiers, resources....

well. is ok. this is a bussines. So many of us can take some fun, and you need to earn money, cause this is a job for you. we can not have all for free.

but, maybe, and just my feelings.... In the cup, and beacause is a competition to see how good are the players, maybe you can limit the actions available with diamonds. Maybe just premium and instant construction? just to be a little more competitive and to see who are the best players *Smiley*
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 20:26:37 PM »

of course in the end. The best player of the rich will win. And the ones not willing to pay diamonds will not even be qualified

not quite true
you only need to register in the least populous area to be qualified (I speak out of my own experience here  *hahaha*)

in a country with 1000+, there is a high possibility, that at least 10% of them are Diamond-users
but in an area with 100 or less registered participants, all bets are off and your skills can shine

just one idea, but maybe we should allow 2 more types of national registration
1) to choose your country if you are an expat
2) to receive a warning message when you try to register on a country that is already very well populated, and get the option to actually be re-directed towards a list of under-populated areas

on the plus side, it would allow more national teams with full members
and it might give more opportunities for non-Diamond users to show off during the qualifications

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Azz
Private

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 20:50:50 PM »

ohhh

how you can propose that!!

this is a world cup with nation´s teams.

so. doing that... people from Brazil (for example cause they are so many) can join as bolivians, ecuatorians, etc... So the real players for those countries wont have a place.

and in the end we will have so many teams and many of them will be just people from other countries. -.-

what you can do is at the end of qualifications, if a country has not enought active players, to propose those from other countries, with high points but not place, due an overpopulation. and auto complete the teams.
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 21:01:50 PM »

well, I understand your reservations

but I did propose conditions : like being a expat or reaching high level of registrations for a national team
let's not kid ourselves, some players create multiple accounts for the same team, while others will manipulate their IP and register several accounts on multiple teams, not always with the most fair-play intentions

what I am proposing is for players with a national preference, to be able to play on their national team eve if they physically play from another country

similarly, players who just want to compete and show off their skills, but don't care too much about nationalism, should be allowed to choose an under-staffed "country"

nothing is forced or capped, freedom to choose is what matters *wink*

Have fun,

Deus populusque
LordStDenis
Lieutenant

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 03:10:13 AM »

yes a good idea that to create Rest of the world team

all these issues taken into account I am still enjoying it so far, maintaining a top 20 position in UK, only used 1 10hr box so far, I do have premium though, I use some diamonds, not many, the premium is a must have

not lost any battles yet, ahd to go for field battle on last one, even with lvl6 fully fitted and garrisinned was not enough, the fertile terrain negative effect *sad*
legantois
Private

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 14:39:16 PM »

merging teams with less than 30 active players may aslo sound a good idea

speaking of my case we have belgian, dutch and lux. You do not even reach 30 players above 1000 pts...

united, a Benelux team would be a little more serious.

And who know may be we could find in the benelux someone eager to invest a lot of diamonds *Grin*
jacyna
The Priest on his way to convert!
Private

Priest on his way to convert!

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »

I disagree with you completely. On every single word. You can buy 200k diamonds and open all chests on extra+ but if you have no strategy, you will be just a rich farm. And I love rich farms.

This is interesting point of view. I look at Brazilian team in WC and i think most of us are a bit scared *Grin* They use LOT of diamonds. I dont say that diamonds is all, i think that there is lot of room for skills and strategy. But looking at Brazilian team, i think that they have players good enough that know how to spend diamonds and on what. Also, my experience of Brazilian players is that some of them are actually good players and they are able to form a collective helping each other so all their accounts should be covered 24/24 every day.

If Brazil invest and spend 2 times more in diamonds than a team that will qualify for final stage of the tournament surely there is not so much to do against them. You can not tell me that my team having half of diamonds and having good and skilled members have any chance against Brazil?  I mean, even if my team would be better than Brazilian team, they are still good enough to use the advantage and end superior.

If You think different, please post arguments to back up different point of view.

http://www.densorteridder.dk/imgs/sigmar_priest.jpg

With Smoke in his right hand, with argument in his left hand and with Bible for last blessing and confession!
dooleyson
Private

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 03:40:58 AM »

i dont think its playing the world cup im not willing to buy my way in and from what i have seen so far it the only way to make the national team it has nothting to do with skill just weather or not you can afford to pay for a spot thats why im giving up
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: