Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 13:33:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: less servers - more people?  (Read 1771 times)
Barbiearian
Sergeant

« on: July 30, 2014, 19:20:33 PM »

It might not be true, but it seems to me there are less and less players in the world I am playing in. Who wants to play in a server with just a handful of guys in x2 range?

Lets cut down the number of servers, and have more people to hit - its not much fun having to look hours away to find anyone suitable to hit, coz the servers are so empty.
torveaux
Private

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 20:10:02 PM »

Counteropinion time! I want to play in a more peaceful realm with fewer players, so I can focus more on economic growth. Give us a server with fewer players, more spread out, so we don't have to worry so much about being attacked.

Who wants to play on a server with seven attacks hitting you every hour?

Let's increase the number of servers, and have fewer people hitting us - it's not much fun having to restart your progress every few hours because someone thought you were suitable to hit, because the servers are so full.

Clearly there are two sides to this coin, both with convincing arguments. Perhaps the best solution is that when a new realm is created, the map size and player limit are defined and displayed, so that new players can decide which server will best suit their playing style. Naturally, the map size and player limit should also vary, so that every server isn't the same thing: 2000x2000 map, 100000 player limit, for example.
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 08:35:49 AM »

@Barbiearian: This has been suggested for version 5 also. No such action has been taken so far and I dont want to raise false expectations. The suggestion will be reviewed however.

@ torveaux: For any new suggestions please open a new topic. I will comment your suggestion this way: This is a military game. The whole purpose of playing is to develop your empire, conquer castles and win battles. Having less players in a larger number of realms, is not cost efficient on one hand and neither is constructive for the whole game design. Again, the purpose of this game is to kill enemy troops, gain military points and develop into a large empire, a well known alliance and stand out from everyone else based on your skills.
You dont need to many skills to farm. You do need a lot of skills to keep your empire safe.
And just a last comment: Who in the world would want to play in a realm where you would only die of boredom? Where no action is happening.. where you have nothing to do?

Valar morghulis !
LordStDenis
Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 11:36:37 AM »

yes I agree, joined FB7 having played on 177 and still playing 161 and it's half empty
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: