Imperia Online International
April 20, 2024, 04:56:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Free Time Realm  (Read 1993 times)
torveaux
Private

« on: July 28, 2014, 16:13:28 PM »

Many of the best players in every realm spend nearly all day online, and thousands of euros on diamonds. For the players who do not have spare money for diamonds, or spare time (really, I don't know that you can call playing all day "spare time") to be online permanently, it can be frustrating to put out your best strategy, play as intelligently as possible, using all the resources at your disposal, and still not even break into the top 100 players. It can feel like the game is pointless if you come home from work every day, log on, and find that seven different players (different than yesterday!) had a go at you while you were earning money to feed your family.

Therefore, I suggest one or more realms that will allow players to log on no more than (I don't know, two or three?) times per day, and spend no more than (I don't know, six or eight?) hours per day online in the realm. If everyone has a limited amount of time in the game (as many, many players do already), then the gameplay throughout the realm would be more balanced and fair. More importantly, this kind of realm would eliminate some of the frustration players feel when they're outclassed not because their strategy needs work, but because they couldn't be online 28 hours a day, eight days a week. When everyone is limited to as much time online as you are, then you can see whether it's your strategy that's at fault (because this is supposed to be a strategy game, after all), or your free time.

I know it's also been brought up in different places, but it goes with what I'm already saying: Create realms where diamonds aren't allowed. For mostly the same reasons as above. But particularly the one about how diamonds detract from strategy, despite that it's supposed to be a strategy game.
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 16:18:17 PM »

Thank you for your suggestion. It will be reviewed.

I do have a few comments though:

This is a strategy game and a war game at the same time. Its simulating reality as much as possible, improving each day. However, I dont remember when wars were being fought, that time of day when they took a break.

There was a 6 hour offline break, which was removed in order to offer more flexibility.
You do have options to save your army (army which will get you back the resources others take from you). You can send it for as long as 12 hours..
Nevertheless, the suggestion will be reviewed.

Thank you

Valar morghulis !
torveaux
Private

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 19:59:40 PM »

In medieval times (which are the setting of this game), battles were never fought at night, because it was impossible for generals to keep track of the battlefield, for soldiers to keep track of what their orders were, to see where they were even going, for archers to be effective at all. What's more, an army that is constantly moving cannot possibly be fighting at its best: twenty imperial miles' march to Muwe's castle, followed immediately by a terrifying and deadly combat, and then the 20 imperial miles back home, only to be sent out again after a moment to catch its breath on a fifty-mile nonstop march to Angela's castle, by which time I'm sure even the most ridiculously heroic army is dragging its feet and can barely lift its weapons, much less fight effectively.

If the point is to be realistic, then perhaps a better suggestion is that armies require rest between attacks. That will force ALL players to consider another, very realistic, aspect of medieval war when they consider whom they attack, which general they put in command, and how many and which kind of troops they will send, in order that their armies do not, for example, die of exhaustion before they reach their target.

Thanks for your time.
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 20:18:15 PM »

Honestly, I like the second suggestion better.. the part with army needing rest after an attack.. its true..
About the fights in the night: Yes.. massive attacks were never delivered at night, however some of the most astonishing wins have been made with sneak attacks that took place during night raids.
Thanks for your time in posting this

Valar morghulis !
Madzoism
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 20:55:04 PM »

You are also forgetting the different time zones in the world *Smiley* what is night for you might be day for someone else  *xxx*
torveaux
Private

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 21:52:24 PM »

@b_mad: Night, day, time zones, it doesn't seem to matter at all for the players who are online literally 24 hours a day, and are literally sending their armies out seconds after they get home. Zombies are impervious to time zones. Needless to say, I hardly think that medieval warfare involved armies travelling ten time zones in as many minutes, which is not only possible, but likely in this game. Again: if the point is realism, then do something, anything, to prevent players from flinging their medieval armies around the world nonstop.

@Muwe: I would love to see bonuses/penalties for nighttime attacks, but as b_mad mentioned, time zones are hardly standardized in this game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: