Imperia Online International
April 18, 2024, 11:13:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Resource Transfer  (Read 1813 times)
torveaux
Private

« on: July 22, 2014, 05:34:10 AM »

After a week in the game one of the biggest things that bothers me is that there's no way to transport resources between two players directly. The closest idea I have to that is to put an offer on the market at the minimum price and have your friend pick it up the instant it appears, but that's unsafe, costs too much gold, and is probably against the rules.
I don't particularly care how you implement resource transfer, but I've read the suggestions forum and noticed this has come up before. A few ideas I have are
1) you could add it as a function in the alliance treasury, and the leader and appropriate officers can send alliance resources to alliance members (just like (I think) they currently can with diamonds), or
2) add it to the caravan station, and make it work a) exactly like gold transfer, b) like gold transfer, but without any surcharge, or c) like gold transfer, but with the surcharge taken from the resource type instead of from the sender's gold stockpile; or
3) add it to the map in the same place as the buttons for attack, spy, bookmark, etc. and make it work as in (2).

I would be fine with any of these, and I don't think they affect the game's balance at all. Since it seems to me that Imperia is trying to become a more social game (using social media, etc.), I think it's perfectly fair that players can get resource boosts from bigger players just because they know somebody. I think this one is well worth passing on to your development team, as most of this game's competitors already use some kind of resource transfer system, which makes this game a bit more difficult to pick up, especially if you join with a group of players (like I did, and like I'm sure many others do).

Thanks for your time.
torveaux
Private

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 06:24:11 AM »

Hi, I noticed on several other threads that your offices are open Monday-Friday during the day, and so you hadn't been able to deal with things due to not being at work. Well I also noticed that my two topics have gotten many views over just two days, but no replies from staff, even though you've been open according to what's been said before. I suppose I just wondered whether anyone had already done anything about forwarding these suggestions on to the Great Decision Makers.

Thanks again for your time.
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 08:10:50 AM »

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions. I agree with what you said regarding the resource transfer. I also believe it would be a good function to have, without losing too much from the balance of the game.

It will be reviewed.

Have a good one.

Valar morghulis !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: